Once Upon A Time - Chapter 7

Once Upon A Time

Woohyun woke early the next morning to ensure that he would not miss the bus again.  He quickly got dressed an rushed out the door.  Upon exiting the building, he stopped and looked up at the grey clouds rolling in.  If he hurried, he might make it to the school before it starts to rain.

When he arrived at the bus stop, he saw a long line of people waiting.  He stood at the end of the line and glanced at his watch.  He was early.  It was going to be a bit of a wait.

While he stood contemplating whether or not to walk ahead, he felt drops of rain on his face and glasses.  He glanced around the area.  The bus shelter was already fully occupied but that didn't stop people from trying to squeeze in to hide from the rain.

Moments later, the heavens opened.  The rain against his glasses made it almost impossible to see.  As he reached to take them off, he noticed that he could no longer feel the rain though it was still raining.  He raised his eyes and saw an umbrella shielding over his head.

"Standing in the rain like this, you'll get sick, Mr Nam," said Myungsoo as he stood there holding the umbrella over both their heads.

Woohyun was surprised to see the boy.  "Myungsoo, you're early today."

Myungsoo smiled.  "I usually am."

"Good to see such dedication from a student," Woohyun commented.

"Actually, I was going to grab some breakfast from the cafe up ahead," said Myungsoo as he glanced at his watch.  "It's early.  Did you want to join me?"

"Uh..." Woohyun hesitated, remembering the awkward situation from yesterday.  "Ah no thanks.  There are some things I need to do before class."

Myungsoo hid his disappointment with a smile.  "Alright, take this then," he said, handing Woohyun the umbrella in his hand.

"Why?" Woohyun asked.  "What about you?"

"I'll be okay.  The cafe isn't that far away," Myungsoo assured the worried looking teacher.  "Besides, if someone was to get soaked, I'd rather it be me."

Woohyun stood and watched reluctantly as Myungsoo headed down the street in the pouring rain.  "Wait!  Myungsoo!" he called out and rushed after the boy.

Myungsoo stopped and turned around when he heard his name being called.  He was surprised to see Woohyun heading towards him. 

"I haven't had breakfast either," said Woohyun.

Myungsoo smiled as the pair walked down the street sharing the one umbrella.


Outside the old apartment building, the chauffeur stood waiting patiently beside the luxury car.

Inside the building, Sunggyu made his way up the flights of stairs.  Though he had an early meeting today, he had set aside time to spend with the one he had longed to see for the past seven years.

He knocked on the door and waited.