Once Upon A Time - Chapter 15

Once Upon A Time

Myungsoo arrived at the school gates the next morning just as a black luxury car pulled up.  He frowned when he recognised the car's number plate.  However, his frown turned into surprise when the chauffeur opened the back seat door and Woohyun stepped out.  He noticed that the teacher was without his glasses.

"The boss has a meeting tonight but he wants to have dinner with you after that," informed Sungyeol.  "I'll come pick you up after school."

"There's no need," said Woohyun, hesitantly.  "There's something I need to do tonight.  I might be late."

Sungyeol looked at him questioningly.

"I have to catch up on work," Woohyun quickly added.

"Very well," said Sungyeol.  "You have the phone with you.  Call me when you're done and I'll come pick you up."

Woohyun nodded, remembering the phone that Sunggyu had given him.  "I should get to class.  Thank you."


"Mr Nam!" Myungsoo called out as he hurried to catch up to the teacher.  It was only when Woohyun stopped and turned to look at him, did Myungsoo notice a small bandage on the side of Woohyun's forehead and some bruising on his cheek.  "Mr Nam, what happened to you?"

Woohyun smiled.  "It's nothing.  Jus a scratch."

Myungsoo frowned in anger.  "Did he do this to you?"

"He?" Woohyun asked in confusion.

"That Kim Sunggyu," Myungsoo stated coldly.

Woohyun shook his head and smiled when he realised who Myungsoo was referring to.  "No," he replied.  "Why would you think that?"  Woohyun paused a moment, as if contemplating something.  "If anything, he's helped me a lot."

Myungsoo noticed Woohyun's expression softened when he spoke of the man.  "You..."

"Come on, the bell's gone," Woohyun urged.  "We'd better hurry."

Upon seeing their teacher with the bandage and bruises on his face, the class became curious.

"Mr Nam, what happened to you?" one student asked.  "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," Woohyun announced.  "Let's all settle down now."

"Did you get into a fight?" another student asked.

"Can you see without your glasses?" another student chimed in.

"Yes," Woohyun replied.  "I can see just fine so no misbehaving, okay?"

While the class continued to throw questions at Woohyun concerning his well being, Myungsoo remained silent as he looked at the teacher with much concern.


Woohyun was only glad when the final bell rang at the end of the day.  He noticed that once again, Myungsoo was the only student left while the rest of the class had disappeared out the door.  He knew that Myungsoo was worried about him, but he wished that the boy would not get involved with him.  It would be better for both of them that way.

As they walked out the school gates, a black luxury car pulled up beside them.  A slight panic came over Woohyun thinking that it was Sungyeol's car, however he realised that it was a different number plate.  Two men in black suits stepped out.  Woohyun ignored them and was about to continue on when he noticed that Myungsoo had come to a stop as the two men approached them.  Woohyun became worried when he saw the two men's attention focused on Myungsoo.  What could they want with a student?

"Myun-" Woohyun was about to intervene when he heard one of the men address Myungsoo.

"Young Master, the boss has returned," one of the men said.  "He would like to see you."

Young Master? thought Woohyun with surprise.  It was only then that Woohyun realised that the boy beside him was from a wealthy family.