Once Upon A Time - Chapter 6

Once Upon A Time

Sunggyu remained composed even after hearing Hoya's words of warning.  "A killer who only goes after the wealthy, it's a little absurd."

"All the victims killed so far are some of the wealthiest tycoons around and you're on top of that list," Hoya stated in frustration.  "I can deploy some agents to protect you."

"There's no need for that.  I'll be fine," Sunggyu assured him, making light of the matter.

"Sunggyu, I'm being serious here," Hoya stated sternly.  "Even with his four bodyguards, Park Chan Yong was killed easily.  This killer is not someone you can take lightly."

Sunggyu sighed.  He knew that if he did not listen to Hoya's words, the man who continue to ramble on all night.  "Alright, I'll get some bodyguards so no need to trouble you," he finally said.  "You just need to focus on catching this killer before he gets to me."

When the call ended, Sunggyu headed back to the room to find Woohyun at the door about to walk out.  Sunggyu narrowed his eyes angrily at the stubborn patient.

"Aren't you suppose to be resting?" Sunggyu asked sternly as he glanced at Woohyun's hand where the IV drip needle had been inserted.  "You even pulled out the needle by yourself.  You're a lot tougher than I thought."

"I really can't stay here," Woohyun insisted hesitantly.  "I don't like hospitals."

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun for a moment before letting out sigh of resignation when he realised that he was not going to win this argument.  "Sungyeol," he called out.  "Go do the paperwork."

"Yes, Boss," said the chauffeur as he disappeared down the corridor.

"It's late," said Sunggyu.  "I'll take you home."


When the chauffeur pulled up outside the old apartment building, Woohyun quickly thanked him and got out of the car.  To his surprise he saw Sunggyu stepping out of the car after him.

"I'll walk you up," Sunggyu declared when he saw Woohyun's questioning look.

Woohyun wanted to decline the offer but thought it was better to just accept him.  after all, this was the man who had saved him and paid for his hospital expenses.  He owed the man.


"How long have you lived here?" Sunggyu asked as they strolled up the flights of stairs.

"Just a few days ago," Woohyun replied.

"Do you live by yourself?"

Woohyun nodded.  "Yes."

"What about your family?"

A solemn look appeared on Woohyun's face.  "I don't have any right now.  It's just me."

Their small talk made the walk up the stairs seem short.  Before long they had arrived at Woohyun's door.  Woohyun was reluctant to go inside seeing as Sunggyu was still standing there.  Woohyun thought it would be rude to ask the man to leave.

"Do you...want to come inside?" Woohyun asked, thinking that the man would reject the offer at this hour of the night.  He was surprised however, when Sunggyu followed him inside without hesitation.

Sunggyu glanced around the small apartment with minimal furniture.  There was a small table in the kitchen with only one chair.  He noticed the lounge had only one sofa seat and no tv but in place of it was a mountain of books stacked on the floor.

"I don't have any coffee.  Would you like some tea instead?" Woohyun offered.  "It's only the cheap brand so it might not be to your liking."

"It's okay, don't trouble yourself," said Sunggyu.

"Um," Woohyun started hesitantly.  "About the hospital bill, can I pay you back in installments?  I've only just started my new job at the school so I haven't been paid yet but I promise I'll pay you back."

Sunggyu frowned upon hearing Woohyun's words.  "I didn't do this so that you can pay me back.  I-" Sunggyu paused as if contemplating something.  "It's late.  You should get some rest.  I'll take my leave now."

Woohyun watched as Sunggyu walked out the door.  He wondered why the man seemed angry.  Perhaps it was better that he try and pay off the man's debt quickly.