Once Upon A Time - Chapter 10

Once Upon A Time

Myungsoo had tried to stop him from getting in the car, thinking that he was in some kind of trouble.  He had to assure the boy that he knew the man and that he was not in trouble before the boy let him go.  Now he found himself in the back seat of the luxury car while the chauffeur drove him to his destination.

The car finally came to a stop and the chauffeur opened the door, allowing him to step out.  Woohyun found himself standing outside a tall building covered in glass windows.

"This way please," beckoned the chauffeur as they entered the building.

From the marble walls and floors to the expensive looking furniture, Woohyun could not help but feel completely out of place.  Furthermore, everyone he saw was dressed in corporate clothing.  When they stepped inside one of the glass lifts, Woohyun's eyes widened at the ridiculous number of buttons.  The highest number he saw was fifty.  He soon realised that this building was fifty levels high.  He noted that the chauffeur pressed the button for the top floor.

"Does your boss own the top floor?" Woohyun asked, curiously.

"Yes," the chauffeur replied.  "And every floor below it."

Before long, the lift door opened.  Woohyun was surprised that they had arrived at the top floor so quickly.  He could only wonder how fast the lifts were travelling.  As they approached a room, Woohyun glanced at the name on the door.  CEO Kim Sunggyu.

Woohyun stood and surveyed the enormous room which was bigger than his whole apartment.  There was a large desk by the full length windows, overlooking the city below.  A lounge suite and glass table was situated on the other side of the room.

"Please take a seat," said the chauffeur, gesturing towards the lounge area.  "The boss is in a meeting at the moment, but he shouldn't be long."

After the chauffeur left the room, Woohyun remained standing where he was.  He glanced at the leather sofa and decided that it was better if he didn't sit down.  Seconds later, there was a knock at the door and a woman entered the room with a silver tray.

"Good afternoon, Sir," she greeted him.  "Would you like tea or coffee?"

Woohyun looked reluctantly at the coffee and tea set on the tray.  Even they looked too expensive for use.  "It's okay.  I'm not thirsty."

"Then I'll leave it here for you," she said with a smile and walked out.

Once the woman left the room, Woohyun let put a deep sigh.  Didn't the man ask him here because of the hospital fees he owed him?  Why was he being treated like a guest?


Inside the large conference room, Sunggyu sat at one end of the long table.  While his senior executives were discussing the issue, Sunggyu hardly seemed interested in listening to them.  His eyes glanced at the clock on the wall until there was a knock at the door.  The discussion came to a halt.

"Come in," Sunggyu beckoned.

The chauffeur stepped inside and approached Sunggyu before whispering beside his ear.  Sunggyu smiled upon hearing the good news that the chauffeur had brought him.

"I have something important to attend to," Sunggyu announced.  "We'll continue this some other time."


While waiting in the room, Woohyun noticed a glass statue on the desk.  Curious, he walked over for a closer look.  He figured it had to be some form of art as he could not make out what the statue was supposed to be.  As he stood trying to figure out what it was, the door opened unexpectedly.  Startled, Woohyun turned around, only to hear the sound of glass shattering on the marble floor.  He turned back to look and was horrified to see the statue in pieces.

"I'm so sorry," Woohyun apologised as he crouched down to gather up the pieces.

"Don't touch it!" Sunggyu shouted out as he rushed over and grabbed Woohyun's hands.  His eyes narrowed in anger as he looked at Woohyun's palms which were covered with tiny cuts from the shattered glass.

Woohyun saw the angry look on Sunggyu's face.  He figured that the statue must have been very expensive for Sunggyu to be so angry.  "I'm sorry," Woohyun repeated.  "I shouldn't have touched it.  I'll pay for it, I promise.  I know that I still haven't paid you for the hospital bill but..."

Sunggyu frowned as Woohyun rambled on.  "I've waited too long for this," he said as he leaned in and captured Woohyun's lips in a kiss, silencing the younger man.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Finally!

Good things come to those who wait....maybe....