Once Upon A Time - Chapter 20

Once Upon A Time

Woohyun's face beamed with delight when he opened his eyes and found Sunggyu staring at him.  "Sunggyu!  You're awake!" he exclaimed as he lunged forward to embrace the older man.

Sunggyu welcomed his advances.  He wrapped his arms around Woohyun and pulled him down on top of him.  The close proximity of their faces had them both staring into each other's eyes.  Just when Sunggyu contemplated if he should go a step further, he felt Woohyun lean down and closed the gap between them, their lips locked in a passionate, yet soft kiss.

They were lost in their own world until they heard a knock at the door.  Woohyun immediately pulled away just as the door opened and a man stepped in.

He looked at the pair with suspicion.  "Did I interrupt something?"

Woohyun looked to the floor, too embarrassed to reply.

"Hoya, what are you doing here?" Sunggyu asked with slight annoyance.  "Don't you have a witness to protect?"

"So I was interrupting something," Hoya concluded from Sunggyu's reaction.  "Thought I come to see the idiot who was speeding and running through red lights that he caused an accident and got himself in hospital."

Sunggyu smirked.  "So, how is he?"

Hoya glanced at Woohyun, cautiously.

"It's fine," Sunggyu assured him.  "Woohyun is my husband."  He flashed Hoya a grin while Woohyun just wished that the ground would swallow him up.

Hoya's expression remained stoic.  "I see," he said, accepting Sunggyu's words so easily.  "He's still unconscious.  The doctors don't know when he will wake up, but until then he's under strict guard."

"You think this killer's going to come back to finish the job?" Sunggyu asked.

Hoya sighed.  "Kim Myungsoo is not his target.  He just happened to be there at the wrong time.  I think he's going to come for you next." 

Woohyun's eyes widened with surprise.  "Myungsoo?  What happened to Myungsoo?"

Sunggyu let out a sigh.  He had tried to hide it from Woohyun because he did not want the younger man to worry.

Hoya looked at Woohyun with curious eyes, wondering why he was so concerned with Kim Myungsoo.

"Please tell me what happened to Myungsoo?" Woohyun pleaded with worry.  "He's my student."


With Hoya's permission, they were allowed into Myungsoo's hospital room.  Woohyun could only stand and watch in shock at Myungsoo's condition.  The unconscious boy had all sorts of tubes connected to him and was hooked up to a life support machine.

Sunggyu walked up beside Woohyun and placed a comforting hand on the younger man's shoulder.  "He's going to be okay," Sunggyu assured him.  "He has the best doctors looking after him."

Woohyun nodded before turning to face Sunggyu.  "Is this killer going to come for you next?"

Sunggyu smiled.  "You don't have to worry about that.  Detective Lee here is going to catch him soon enough."

Hoya let out a sigh.  "I'm doing my best, but unless my witness wakes up, I've got no idea who this killer is.  I suggest you get some bodyguards."

"Just do your job and I'll be fine," Sunggyu insisted.  "Come on, Woohyun, we're going home."

Hoya frowned.  "Did the doctor say you could go?  Hey, are you listening to me?"

Sunggyu ignored Hoya and exited the room with Woohyun.  "Sungyeol's in the foyer.  Why don't you go and wait with him while I go talk to the nurses about my discharge?"

Woohyun's face was a mask of concern.  "Your wounds-"

"Are fine," Sunggyu insisted.  "Go on, I won't be long."

Woohyun finally nodded.


A short time later, Sunggyu arrived at the foyer and found Sungyeol waiting for him.  He glanced around the place and frowned.  "Where's Woohyun?"

Sungyeol shook his head.  "I haven't seen him come down yet."

Just as they were about to search for him, Woohyun stepped out from the lift and hurried over to them.  Sunggyu noticed the white piece of paper in Woohyun's hand as he quickly shoved it in his pocket.

"Where did you go?" Sunggyu asked.  "You had me worried there."

"I'm sorry," Woohyun apologised.  "I got lost."

Sunggyu knew it was a lie but he wasn't going to question him.  "Come on, lets go home."