Once Upon A Time - Chapter 17

Once Upon A Time

Sunggyu frowned when he heard Woohyun's weak voice on the other end.  He knew something was wrong.  "Woohyun, are you okay?" he asked with grave concern.  "Where are you you?"

"I..." There was a hint of hesitation from Woohyun.  "I'm fine.  You don't have to-"

Woohyun was abruptly interrupted when the phone was snatched away from him.

"Listen up," spoke an unfamiliar voice on the other line.

"Who are you?" Sunggyu demanded angrily.  "Where's Woohyun?  Let me talk to him."

"He's getting ready to star in an adult video," replied the voice on the other line.

Sunggyu's blood boiled with rage when he heard the man's words.  "If you dare lay a finger on him-"

The man laughed.  "Well, that depends on you."

Sunggyu was not going to risk anything happening to Woohyun.  "What do you want?"

"Twenty million," came the reply.  "That's a small price for someone as rich as you, isn't that right, Mr CEO?"

"Alright," Sunggyu replied without hesitation.  "You will have your twenty million but if I find that he is missing even a single strand of hair, don't even think that you will even get a cent."

The man hardly seemed intimidated by Sunggyu's threat.  "Well, you'd better hurry.  We have a lot of willing participants who all want a go with him.  If by midnight we don't see the money, then we're going to have some fun with him."

"Don't you dare!" Sunggyu warned angrily.

The man laughed.  "One more thing, don't even think about calling the cops.  If we see one cop, we'll chop off one of your precious boy's fingers.  If we see two cops, we'll chop off two fingers.  If there are ten, then I guess he won't be needing his hands anymore."


He approached the awaiting figure.  "I have to commend you on the great act you just put on.  You've exceeded my expectations."

The figure glanced at him and smirked.  "So it's you.  Not going to hide behind your messenger anymore?"

He smiled.  "I thought it was about time we met.  After all, there's only one more name on that list."

"It'll be done soon enough."


Sunggyu sped through the streets like a madman, running through red lights without a care in the world.  The only thing on his mind was Woohyun.  He glanced at his watch and grew anxious with every ticking second.  Midnight was approaching fast.

Despite the red light facing him on his approach at the intersection, he did not attempt to slow down nor stop.  His mind was lost elsewhere as he sped through the intersection.  He did not see the car coming from the side until it was too late. 

A loud bang echoed through the night.


The seconds ticked away until it reached midnight.  He looked towards the door and waited.