Once Upon A Time - Chapter 4

Once Upon A Time

The waiter's eyes widened with shock when he found himself wrapped in the arms of the man in the black suit.  For a moment he was too shocked to even react until he heard the man speak.

"Are you alright?" the man in the black suit asked with concern upon his face.

The waiter jolted back to reality and nodded before gathering himself on his own two feet.  He quickly took a step back and lowered his head apologetically.  "I'm so sorry."

The man in the black suit smiled.  "No need to apologise," he said.  "It was just an accident."

The older man frowned in frustration as he looked at the soaked documents on the table.  The deal which he had spent several months pursuing was ruined.  "But the signed contracts-"

"It's fine, Mr Park," the man in the black suit assured him.  "Just have another copy of the contract sent to my office and I'll sign them again for you.  If I've agreed to do business with you then I won't change my mind over something like this."

The older man seemed relieved to hear those words.

"Now," said the man in the black suit as he turned his attention back to the waiter.

"I'm so sorry," the waiter repeated for the upteenth time while keeping his head down.

A slight frown appeared on the man's face as he looked at the waiter.  "I've told you before, no need to apologise.  If you keep apologising then I will really get angry."
The waiter pursed his lips and there was silence.

The man smiled when the waiter finally heeded his words.  "Right then.  Why don't you go and get us another bottle of this cognac?"

"Yes, Sir, right away."


The two men shook heads before parting ways at the door outside their VIP room.  While the older man left with his men, the man in the black suit headed towards the kitchen until he was met by the panicking manager of the restaurant.

"Mr Kim, is there something wrong?" the manager asked frantically.

"Where's that waiter?" he asked and glanced about the place.  "The new one."

"You mean Woohyun?  Did he do something wrong?" the manger asked with worry.  "I'm sorry if he did.  It's his first day and-"

The man frowned.  "I didn't say he did.  Where is he?"

"He asked to leave not long ago," replied the manager.  "Said he was not feeling well."


When the car came to a stop at a red light, a rider on a black motorbike pulled up beside them.  They paid no attention to him until the rider pulled out a gun and fired a shot into the driver's side, killing the driver instantly.  The other three guards got out of the car and returned fire towards the rider who was quick to evade their bullets.  The rider's skill with the gun was deadly accurate as he emptied his bullets into the three men.  He approached the car and opened the passenger door to find the old man in the pinstripe suit cowering in fear.

"Please don't kill me," begged the old man.  "Whatever they paid you, I'll pay you'll double, no triple.  Please don't kill me."

The old man's words fell on stony ground as the rider pulled out his sword and plunged it through him.


"Boss, we're here."

The black luxury car pulled up outside a battered old apartment building looking worse for wear.  The chauffeur got out of the car and opened the back back door of the car.  The man in the black suit stepped out of the car and looked at the building.  A slight frown appeared on his face as he glanced at the surrounding buildings which were in no better state.  The only thing that was out of place was his luxury car.

"Wait out here," the man ordered his chauffeur.

"Yes, Sir."

Upon entering inside the building, the man discovered that there were no lifts.  He let out a sigh before making his way up the stairs.  After climbing through several flights of stairs, he finally arrived at the door.  He was about to knock when he realised that the door was left ajar.  When he peered inside, he saw a figure lying on the floor.