Once Upon A Time - Chapter 18

Once Upon A Time

After several minutes had passed, the man turned to look at Woohyun.  "How disappointing," said the man.  "Looks like he's not coming.  I guess you're just not that important to him as I thought."

Woohyun let out a small sigh of relief.  For Sunggyu's own safety, Woohyun had hoped that the older man would not come.  He did not want Sunggyu to get involved in his problems.  Yet, somehow he could not help but feel saddened with slight disappointment that the man's words were true.  Perhaps, he was nothing to Sunggyu.  After all, why would a man with such a powerful and high status like Sunggyu even bother with a nobody like him?

"Well, looks like we're all going to have some fun after all," said the men.  "Get the camera rolling!"

Woohyun glanced around as the group of men closed in on him.  There was nowhere to run.  Despite his struggles, he was easily over powered by the rough group of men.  They forced him onto the ground and tore at his clothes like a hungry pack of wolves.

"No, please don't," Woohyun begged with tears in his eyes.  "No."

"A debt needs to be paid," said one of the men.  "Since you don't have any money, you can pay using your body."

"No," Woohyun cried.

His please fell on stony ground as the men stripped him of his clothes.  One man climbed on top of him while the others held him down.  He struggled furiously but it was futile.  He was no match for them.  Just as he lost all hope, the door of the warehouse burst open with a loud bang.

Sunggyu stood at the door with anger in his eyes when he saw Woohyun on the ground with a man on top of him.  "Let him go!"

One of the men smirked.  "You're too late," he said.  "But since you're here, why don't you sit back and enjoy the show?"

Sunggyu rushed towards them but was stopped by several other men.  They charged at him with the weapons in their hands.  Though he was unarmed and outnumbered, Sunggyu was able to evade several of their attacks with his quick reflexes.  When one man struck at him with a metal pole, Sunggyu surprised his attacker by grabbing the man's wrist and twisting it until the man dropped the pole.  Sunggyu caught the pole before it hit the ground and used it to defend against the onslaught of attacks from the rest of the men who came charging at him.

Realising that Sunggyu was not going to go down quietly, one of the men pulled Woohyun up and pressed his machete against Woohyun's throat.

"Stop!" the man ordered.  "Or I'll kill him."

Sunggyu looked over and saw the man holding the machete at Woohyun's throat.  The terrified look in Woohyun's eyes made his heart break.

"Drop the weapon in your hand!" the man ordered.

With his eyes still locked on Woohyun, Sunggyu released the pole in his hand.

The man laughed, seeing how obedient Sunggyu had became.  "If you dare fight back, I'll end his life."

Sunggyu remained silent as the group of men attacked him.  Even as they punched and kicked him, Sunggyu did not attempt to defend himself.  Even as a metal pole came crashing down against his head, he did not utter a sound.  All he could think of was Woohyun.  All he saw was Woohyun.

Tears strolled down Woohyun's face when he saw blood trickling down the side of Sunggyu's face.  Sunggyu was suffering because of him.  He didn't care that the machete was pressed against his throat.  He just didn't want to see Sunggyu suffer.

"Please, don't hurt him," Woohyun pleaded through tears.  "I'll do whatever you want.  Please stop, or he'll die!"

When Sunggyu dropped to the ground, covered in blood, Woohyun rushed over to him, ignoring the machete as it sliced a thin line against his throat.  Seeing Sunggyu on the ground, the man did not attempt to stop Woohyun.

"No matter how rich you are," said the man.  "Against us, you're just a helpless man.  Don't try to play the hero."

Woohyun cradled Sunggyu in his arms and cried.  "Sunggyu, I'm so sorry.  It's all my fault.  I'm sorry."

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun and smiled.  "It's not your fault," he said as he wiped Woohyun's tears.  "All those that hurt you, I won't let them get away with it!"  Sunggyu paused and glared menacingly towards the man and his group.  "I'll make them pay!"

The man seemed amused by Sunggyu's words.  "And what can you do?"

Sunggyu pulled himself back up onto his feet.  He took off his jacket and draped it over Woohyun's shoulders to cover the younger man's body.  "Kill them!" he ordered.

Before the group of men could even wonder who Sunggyu was ordering, a group of men in black suits armed with swords, led by Sungjong and Dongwoo, appeared behind him.

"Yes, boss."