Once Upon A Time - Chapter 11

Once Upon A Time

Woohyun's eyes widened in shock as Sunggyu's lips pressed against his.  What is going on?  Why was this happening?  All these thoughts ran through his mind as he stood there, too stunned to even react.  Panic rose within him when he felt Sunggyu's tongue parting his lips and forcing it's way into his mouth.  It was only then that he gained control of his body once again.  Gathering all his strength, he pushed Sunggyu away with both hands and broke free from the kiss.  He quickly adjusted his glasses and looked at the older man standing before him.

"What are you doing?" Woohyun shouted out.  "Have you lost your mind?  Are you-"

Woohyun words came to a sudden halt when he saw the look on Sunggyu's face.  The look of hurt and confusion on Sunggyu's face almost had Woohyun feeling sorry for the older man.  There was silence in the room as neither spoke a word.  Woohyun took several deep breaths to calm himself before addressing the older man once again.

"Why did you do that?" Woohyun asked, calmly.

Sunggyu looked at him and smiled, a bitter smile before he finally let out a sigh of resignation.  "I'm sorry," he apologised.  "You remind me of someone very dear to me.  In the spur of the moment I couldn't control myself.  Please forgive me."

Woohyun listened to the older man's words and nodded his head.  Is he your lover? Woohyun wanted to ask but could  not bring himself to do so.  "Do we look that much alike?" he asked instead.

Sunggyu nodded, the bitter smile still on his face.  Hearing Woohyun ask him these questions made his heart ache.

"Where is he now?" Woohyun asked, a little curious.

Standing right before me, Sunggyu wanted to say but shook his head.  "I don't know."

Woohyun could not help but feel sorry for him.  "I'm sorry I'm not him."

Sunggyu approached Woohyun and reached out his hand, startling Woohyun who retreated a step back.  Realising that his actions has caused Woohyun to be cautious of him, Sunggyu withdrew his hand.  "We need to treat your hands," he explained.

It was only then Woohyun looked at the palms of his hands and saw the tiny cuts.  "It's nothing to worry about."

Sunggyu nodded understandingly, not wanting to pressure the younger man.

"About the statue-" Woohyun began, realising that he would have to pay for the damages.

"Why don't you come to dinner with me tonight," Sunggyu suggested.  "And we'll call it even."

Woohyun seemed surprised at Sunggyu's request.  "I..."

"If you're worried about your job at the restaurant, I'll speak to the owner," Sunggyu added before Woohyun could reject his request.


The underground car park of the wealthy was very different to what Woohyun had imagined.  The spacious car park with it's marble floor and walls looked more like a show room.  Woohyun stood and stared in awe at the rows of luxury cars parked there.  Amongst them, Woohyun recognised the black car that he had seen before.

"Are we going in that car?" Woohyun asked, pointing to the black car.

"Which one would you like to sit in?" Sunggyu asked, causing Woohyun to look at him questioningly.

"Are they all yours?" he asked in surprise.

Sunggyu smiled.


The moment they pulled up in front of a restaurant, a valet parking attendant greeted them.  The moment they stepped inside the restaurant, they were greeted at by a waiter who led them to their VIP room.  Glancing at the marble columns and crystal chandeliers, Woohyun could not help but feel overwhelmed.  After all, this would have been a place that he would never have set foot into.

Woohyun was taken in by the beautiful night view of the river from their VIP room.  The soft glow from the candles on the elegantly decorated table set such a romantic atmosphere that it almost felt like they were on a date.  Realising how absurd that sounded, Woohyun shook his head to erase that thought.  What was he thinking?


A the end of the night, Sunggyu drove Woohyun home.  After parking the car in front of the apartment building, Sunggyu got out, intending to Woohyun up to his apartment.

"I'll walk you up," said Sunggyu but Woohyun decided to decline the offer.

"It's okay," said Woohyun, hesitantly.  "I don't want to bother.  Besides, there's no lift up those stairs."

Sunggyu smiled.  "Are you saying that I'm too old to make it up those flight of stairs?" he teased.

Woohyun's eyes widened with worry.  He did not mean to offend the older man.  "No, I didn't mean that.  I-"

Sunggyu let out a soft laugh.  "I'm kidding," he said.  "No need to get so worked up."

They stood staring at each other for a moment in silence.

Unable to resist the urge any longer, Sunggyu took a step closer.  He reached out a hand and gently held Woohyun's chin.  With no hint of resistance from Woohyun, Sunggyu leaned down to kiss him but Woohyun quickly turned his head and stepped back.

"Thank you for dinner," said Woohyun, flustered.

He quickly made for his escape inside the building, leaving behind a heartbroken man.


Woohyun rushed up the flights of stairs, trying not to think about what had just happened.  You can't be falling for him, Nam Woohyun, he cursed himself.  He's someone you definitely can't fall for.  You mustn't.  You shouldn't.  And you won't.

He repeated those words over and over.  Caught up in his own thoughts, he entered his apartment, unaware of the figure sitting on his sofa.

"You've kept me waiting."