Once Upon A Time - Chapter 12

Once Upon A Time

Without warning, he threw a knife at the intruder but the intruder was quick to evade the attack as always.  He glared at the uninvited guest who was comfortably seated on his sofa with a smug grin upon his face.

"You really need to stop that bad habit of yours," the figure teased as he placed an envelop on the table.  "Don't you know that you're not suppose to kill the messenger?"

He ignored the figure and took the envelop.  His eyes widened with surprise when he saw his next target.

The figure smiled upon seeing his reaction.

"Why him?" he asked, trying not to let his emotions show on his face.

"He's just like the others," replied the figure.  "If the others all deserved to die, why not him?  Or it is that you can't do it because it's him?"

He remained silent as he looked at the photo in his hand.


The next morning, Myungsoo waited at the bus stop, hoping to meet Woohyun.  It was the only time he could spend alone with the teacher so he was sure to be early.  The bus came and left but Myungsoo waited.  He glanced at his watch and then up and down the street.  No sign of Woohyun.  As time passed, Myungsoo decided he had to go before he was late.  Perhaps he had missed the teacher earlier.


Myungsoo arrived at school just as the bell rang.  He hurried to class, expecting to find Woohyun but was met with disappointment.  Without the presence of a teacher, the class was rowdy as usual.  Myungsoo ignored them and took his seat.  With each passing minute, he would glance at the clock on the wall and then at the door.  The wait was killing him.  Just as he got up from his seat, the door opened.

Finally, he thought as he sat back down.

His relief was replaced with a worried frown when he saw the principal step in the door.


Sunggyu sat staring aimlessly at the documents on his desk, regretting the fact that he did not go to meet Woohyun in the morning.  The thought had crossed his mind and he had wanted to do so but when he recalled the events of last night, how Woohyun ran when he had attempted to kiss him a second time, he decided that he would spare Woohyun the trouble.  More than that, he was afraid that Woohyun would come to hate him if he was too forceful.  The fact that the Woohyun did not remember him was already crushing his heart, he could not bear it if he hated him too.

A sudden knocking interrupted his thoughts.  He glanced at the door and saw his chauffeur standing there.

"Boss, it's almost time," his chauffeur informed.  "We should leave now."

Sunggyu glanced at the gold watch on his wrist.  So lost in thought he had almost forgotten about the business meeting he had agreed to attend.

Just as they pulled out of the underground car park, the car came to a screeching halt, causing Sunggyu to jerk forward.

"Sungyeol, what are you doing?" Sunggyu asked, a little annoyed.

"Sorry boss," said Sungyeol, his eyes staring straight ahead.  "There's someone in our way.  It would be a crime if I ran him over."

Sunggyu looked ahead and saw a boy in a school uniform standing right in front of his car.  His eyes narrowed when he recognised the boy.  He stepped out of the car and approached him.

"Students should still be in school," Sunggyu stated mockingly.  "What business do you have here?"

Myungsoo glared at the older man in front of him.  "What did you do to him?"

Sunggyu frowned at the boy's question.  "What are you talking about?"

"Yesterday you sent your driver to pick him up and today he's not at school.  The principal said he called in sick.  What did you do to him?" Myungsoo demanded angrily.

Sunggyu looked at the angry boy standing before him.  He could not help but wonder what kind of relationship they had for a student to react this way about his teacher.  At that moment, the image of the pair kissing outside the cafe flashed through his mind.  It angered him.

"We went on a date," Sunggyu replied with a smirk.  "And what happened after that is none of your business."

Sunggyu got back in the car and they took off, leaving Myungsoo to watch in anger.


"Turn left," Sunggyu ordered just as they were approaching an intersection.

Sungyeol glanced in his rear view mirror.  Turning left would mean they were heading in the opposite direction to where the meeting was held but as the chauffeur, he did as he was told.


Sunggyu rushed up the flight of stairs and knocked on the door.  He waited before knocking again.  Like a man with no patience, he tried turning the door handle but it was locked.  He knocked again and again.

"Woohyun!" he called out.  "Are you in there?  Woohyun, answer me!"

Running out of patience, Sunggyu took a step back before kicking the door open.

His eyes widened in shock at the sight that greeted him.