Once Upon A Time - Chapter 19

Once Upon A Time

Woohyun watched in shock as Sungjong and Dongwoo and the rest of their men struck down their opponents without mercy.  The cheerful boy who loved to cook and the ever calm butler were now unrecognisable with swords in their hands.  Woohyun glanced at Sunggyu.  Who was this man?

Without a word, Sunggyu led Woohyun out of the warehouse.  Woohyun noticed a group of cars parked outside but one car caught his attention with the driver's door dented so badly that it was a cause for concern.  Before he could ask who had driven that car, they were greeted by Sungyeol who stood waiting beside a car with the passenger door already opened for them.

Just as they were able to get into the car, Sunggyu collapsed into Woohyun's arms.


Several hours later, Sunggyu opened his eyes and was greeted with the sight of Woohyun sitting beside his bed, fast asleep while holding his hand.  He remained still, not wanting to wake Woohyun.  He glanced around the room and realised that he was in the hospital.

Just then the door opened and Sungyeol stepped in.  Sungyeol was surprised to find him awake.

"Boss, how are you feeling?" Sungyeol asked in a soft voice when he saw Woohyun asleep beside the bed.

"You know I won't die that easily," Sunggyu responded.

"That was reckless of you to go by yourself," Sungyeol stated.  "And to even continue on in the state that you were after the accident, were you looking to get yourself killed?"

Despite Sungyeol's calm tone and stoic expression, Sunggyu could tell from his words that Sungyeol was scolding him.  Sungyeol was right after all.  He had been reckless.  Sunggyu glanced at Woohyun's sleeping face.  For Woohyun, he was willing to risk everything.

"How are things?" Sunggyu finally asked.

Sungyeol nodded.  "All taken care of," he replied.  "They were the members of the An Nam gang, loan sharks, notorious for their ridiculous high interest rates."

"And Woohyun?" Sunggyu asked.

"It seems his parents owed them a large amount of money," Sungyeol informed.  "They were found dead in their own home seven years ago.  The one who found them was Woohyun, but it seems he has no recollection of that night.  My guess is that he probably witnessed it and his lack of memory is due to trauma."

"Which night was it?" Sunggyu asked with interest.

Sungyeol looked at his boss.  "The same night we defeated the Do Hun clan."

Sunggyu finally understood why Woohyun did not remember him.  The night when they met, was also the night his parents died.


With a mighty swing of his sword, the last bodyguard of fell.  He turned his attention on his target.  Seeing him approach, his target ran, trying to save himself whilst leaving behind his remaining subordinates who were being slaughtered by their enemies.

He immediately gave chase.

His target ran aimlessly along the bridge.  Knowing that he could not outrun his pursuer, his target stopped and climbed over the bridge and jumped down into the dark and murky water below.

He ran over to the bridge and looked down.  From such a high distance, he could not see down below but he was determined not to let his target escape.  He grabbed the guardrail and began to climb over.

"Don't do it!" he heard a voice shout out.

He was startled when he felt arms wrapped around his waist, trying to pull him away from the bridge.  What was going on?  Why was this person trying to stop him?

"Please don't do it," he heard the voice plead once again.

The sound of the person's voice was so sincere and insistent.  Could it be that this person thought he was going to suicide by jumping off this bridge?  He seemed amused at the thought.  There was no way he would do such a stupid thing?

At that moment, he released the sword in his hand, letting it to drop over the guardrail and into the water down below.  He allowed himself to be dragged a fair distance away from the edge of the bridge, but the person still refused to let go.

"I won't," he finally said.

It was only then that the person released their hold on him.  When he turned around and saw a teenager standing there in the school uniform, his eyes lit up in surprise.

Is this what they call love at first sight?