Once Upon A Time - Chapter 22

Once Upon A Time

Sunggyu was quick to evade the bullet that narrowly missed him and lodged itself into the back seat of the car.  He immediately got out of the car as the rider fired several more bullets towards him.  After emptying his bullets, the rider drew out the sword strapped to his back and walked over to Sunggyu.

Sunggyu seemed surprisingly calm as he faced the armed rider standing before him.  "So we finally meet," said Sunggyu.  "Why don't you show your face?"

Without a word, the rider charged at Sunggyu, attempting to end Sunggyu's life with every swing of his sword.  Despite being unarmed, Sunggyu proved to the rider that he was a force to be reckoned with.  This only frustrated the rider and made him more determined to end Sunggyu's life quickly.

After several exchange of blows, Sunggyu's reflexes seemed to slow down, allowing the rider to slash him across his arm as he raised it to defend himself.  The rider followed through, plunging his sword into Sunggyu's chest.  Sunggyu immediately grabbed the blade with his hands as he tried to prevent the rider from forcing it deeper.

Sunggyu did not know why he felt so drowsy.  He shook his head, trying to focus on the attacker before him.  The rider pushed the blade deeper with all his might.  Sunggyu gritted his teeth as the blade slipped through his fingers and plunged through his body.  The rider twisted the blade, causing Sunggyu such agonising pain yet he refused to cry out.   With a mighty force, the rider pulled his sword out as blood gushed out from Sunggyu's chest.

Sunggyu stumbled back and dropped to one knee.  He placed a hand over the deep wound on his chest to try and stop the bleeding but it was futile.  Blood strolled down onto his shirt and pooled around his feet.  Fighting against the drowsiness and his attacker, was draining him of what strength he had left.

The rider raised his sword to deliver the finishing blow.  Just as the sword lowered towards Sunggyu, they heard the sound of a car speeding down the street.  The rider realised that the car was aiming for him.  He jumped out of the way just as the car attempted to run him down.  He recognised the driver and was on guard.  He knew that the man was more than just a simple chauffeur.  After all, if Kim Sunggyu was not a just simple businessman, then neither were all those around him.

Sungyeol got out of the car and went to Sunggyu's aid.  He seemed a little surprised to see Sunggyu in such a state.  Even unarmed against an enemy, Sungyeol did not expect to see his boss like this.  He knew how fearsome the man was.

"Boss, sorry I'm late," Sungyeol apologised as he helped Sunggyu up.

"What did you find out?" Sunggyu asked.

"You were right," Sungyeol answered.

Hearing Sungyeol's response, Sunggyu let out a laughter even as blood trickled down the side of his mouth.

"When I got there, the two guards were killed and he was gone," Sungyeol informed.

Sunggyu looked at the rider and smiled.  "There's no need to hide anymore," he said to the rider.  "I know who you are."

The rider did not respond.

"You took yourself out of the equation to avoid any suspicion," Sunggyu continued.  "I can't believe how far you would go just to put on that performance.  Am I right, Kim Myungsoo?"

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Whee....anyone work it out?