Once Upon A Time - Chapter 21

Once Upon A Time

When they arrived back at the mansion, they were greeted by Dongwoo at the door and Sungjong was his usual cheery self.  No one mentioned a word about what happened that night.  Woohyun could not help but think that perhaps he had imagined everything.  How he wished that he had.  That way, Sunggyu would remain just simple wealthy man and nothing else.

Woohyun let out a deep sigh as he dropped a tablet into the cup of tea and watched it dissolve.  He began stirring the tea with a satisfied smile.

"Woohyun," a voice called out, startling him.  "What are you doing?"

Woohyun turned his head and saw Sungjong standing beside him with the most curious look on his face.

"Making tea?" Sungjong asked.  "You should have told me you wanted to drink tea.  I would have made it for you."

"No, it's for Sunggyu," Woohyun quickly replied.

Sungjong frowned.  "Sunggyu doesn't drink tea.  He likes cognac, the expensive kind."

"He's just been discharged from hospital, the doctor said he's not allowed to drink that," said Woohyun.  "Tea is better for him."


Woohyun stood outside Sunggyu's bedroom, contemplating a brief moment before he knocked on the door.  When the door opened, Woohyun's eyes widened in surprise.  There, standing at the door was Sunggyu with only a towel wrapped around his waist and a hand running through his wet hair.  What made Woohyun stare in shock was the tattoo of a dragon with it's head on Sunggyu's chest and it's body wrapped around his entire right arm.

Seeing the stunned look on Woohyun's face, Sunggyu immediately grabbed the bathrobe on his bed and wore it on.  He cursed himself for letting Woohyun see what he shouldn't have.  He did not want Woohyun to know, though he figured that the younger man would have guessed by now that he was not just a businessman.

"Sorry about that," Sunggyu apologised.  "Is something wrong?"

Woohyun shook his head.  "No, nothing," he replied.  "I know you like to drink cognac but I made you some tea instead."

Sunggyu took the cup from Woohyun's hand and smiled.  "Thank you."

Woohyun watched as Sunggyu drank the tea til the last drop.  Woohyun smiled, pleased with himself.

Sunggyu placed the cup down before turning his attention back to Woohyun.  They stood there, staring at each other for a moment in silence.

"You haven't asked me anything about that night," said Sunggyu finally.

Woohyun pursed his lips and lowered his head.  "You haven't either."

Sunggyu did not respond.  He did not have to ask what he already knew.

"I...I was worried that you would come," Woohyun continued, recalling that night.  He paused a moment.  "But I was also afraid that you would not come."

Hearing those words, Sunggyu pulled Woohyun into his embrace and held him tight.  "Of course I would come for you.  Please don't ever doubt that."

Woohyun raised his head to look up at Sunggyu.

"I love you," Sunggyu declared.

Without waiting for a response, Sunggyu leaned down to claim Woohyun's lips in a soft and passionate kiss.  Once again, Woohyun was swept off his feet in the heated moment.  He found himself lying on the large bed with Sunggyu on top of him.  Woohyun closed his eyes.

Sunggyu leaned down but halted when their lips were merely inches apart.  "Are you alright with this?"

Woohyun opened his eyes and nodded.

Sunggyu smiled and claimed those awaiting lips once again.  Barely seconds into the kiss, Sunggyu's phone rang but he chose to ignore it, hoping that whoever was calling would quickly hang up.  He trailed kisses down Woohyun's neck as his phone continued to ring. 

Woohyun opened his eyes.  "Sunggyu, your phone.  It might be important."

Sunggyu finally stopped and let out a frustrated sigh before he reached for his phone.  He glanced at the name of the caller before answering it.

"Sunggyu, listen to me," said Hoya, sounding as if he were in a panic.  "I've just found out that the higher ups have decided to step in on the case.  They've come to a conclusion that all the victims have one thing in common.  You.  They want you in for questioning."

Before Sunggyu could speak a word, there was a knock at his bedroom door.  Woohyun quickly got up from the bed and adjusted himself.  Still with the phone against his ear, Sunggyu went to open the door.

"Boss, some detectives are downstairs requesting to speak to you." Dongwoo informed.  "They said it's important."

Sunggyu scoffed.  "They're quick."

"Sunggyu, I'm on my way to headquarters now," said Hoya.  "I'll talk to them."

Sunggyu ended the call.  "I'll be down in a minute," he said to Dongwoo.

Dongwoo nodded and returned downstairs.

Woohyun's face was a mask of concern when he saw Sunggyu getting dress.  "Sunggyu, where are you going?"

"Unfortunately we'll have to continue this later," said Sunggyu.  "It seems my presence is required by the police."

"No, you can't go," said Woohyun almost panicking.

Sunggyu looked at him and smiled.  "It's fine.  I'll be back soon."

"But-"

Before Woohyun could object any further, Sunggyu placed a tender kiss on his lips to silence him.


Sunggyu sat in the back seat of the police car while the two officers sat in the front.  As the car stopped at a red light, they heard the sound of an engine approaching them from behind.  They paid no attention to it as the rider pulled up beside the driver's side.  It was only when Sunggyu noticed the long object on the rider's back, that he thought something was amiss but before he could warn the officers, it was too late.

Two shots were fired into the front, killing the two officers instantly.  The rider then aimed at Sunggyu and fired.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Okay guys, last chance to place your bets if you want to play, guess the killer.