Once Upon A Time - Final

Once Upon A Time

There was a sound of metals clashing when his sword was intercepted by another blade.  His eyes widened in surprise when the figure on the bed threw back the covers and slashed him with his sword.  He immediately stepped back, away from the bed and looked at the figure.  His eyes narrowed when he saw who it was.

"You?  Where is he?" he demanded.

The figure smiled.  "Safe."

"Did the boss figure it out already?" he asked.

"He knew there was a traitor in the group but he could not be sure," replied the figure.  "He was waiting for the traitor to act and here you are."

"Why did he suspect me and not you?"

The figure's face beamed with a proud smile.  "Because I would never betray him, the one who saved my life.  You on the other hand, there were times when your whereabouts were unknown.  Did you think I was that ignorant not to notice?"

He laughed.  There was no need to keep up with this act any further.  "Do you think a brat like you can defeat me?"

Their swords clashed repeatedly as the two engaged in battle.  His opponent was quick and fluid with the sword and it seemed that he had underestimated him.  He was unable to keep up with the rapid pace and eventually lost the grip on his sword.  His opponent showed no mercy as the sword plunged into him.  Blood gushed out as he fell to the ground.  Now he understood why Sunggyu would leave a brat to guard his most important person.

He took out his phone and dialled a number.  "Boss, the traitor's been taken care of," he informed.  "Woohyun is safe."


Sunggyu ended the call with a smile on his face as he turned to look at Hoya.  "I would never let anyone take what is important from me," he declared.  "It looks like your informer won't be coming.  It's over."

Judging from Sunggyu's words, Hoya's face fell.  His plan had failed.  He had lost.


Woohyun rushed through the hospital with Sungjong close behind.  They entered the room and found Sunggyu lying unconscious on the bed.  Despite wearing a shirt, it was left ed, allowing Woohyun to see the bandages wrapped around Sunggyu's body.  Woohyun immediately broke down in tears beside Sunggyu.

"I'm so sorry," Woohyun cried.  "It's all my fault."

Sunggyu opened his eyes and gently patted Woohyun's head.  "Please don't cry."

Woohyun raised his head in surprised.  "Sunggyu!" he exclaimed as he hugged the older man with joy.

"I'm alright," Sunggyu assured him.  "Just lost a bit of blood but it's fine.  I'm glad you're okay."

"I'm sorry," Woohyun apologised again.  "If I hadn't given you those pills-"

Sunggyu placed a finger on Woohyun's lips to silence the younger man.  "I know you were worried about me so you took those prescriptions from the doctor when we left the hospital.  You were only trying to do what was best for me, I know, so there's no need to apologise.  Understand?"

Woohyun pursed his lips and slowly nodded his head.

Sunggyu smiled and pulled Woohyun closer until their lips met in a passionate kiss.

Sungyeol turned away and quietly walked out the door.  Sungjong followed suite and closed the door behind him.  He noticed Sungyeol walking down the corridor.  Curious, he followed him.

Sungyeol walked towards the ICU and entered a room.  He approached the bed where a figure lay as if in a deep sleep, though he was hooked up to a life support machine.  He stood there in silence with his eyes fixated on the sleeping figure, even when he felt a presence beside him.

"Does the boss know?" Sungjong asked as he looked at the boy on the bed.

Sungyeol remained silent.


He stepped into the darkened basement and looked at the bloodied and beaten figure chained to the wall.

"Boss, he still refuses to speak," informed one of the men.

He frowned.  "Why do you have to torture yourself like this?" he asked the barely conscious figure.  "It will all end if you tell me where your boss is hiding."

The figure glared at him and spat out a mouthful of blood.  "Go to hell!"

He smiled.  "Continue until he decides to speak!" he ordered as he began to walk away.

"Yes boss."

"Kill me!" the figure shouted out.

He stopped and turned around.  "I won't kill you," he said with a smile.  "I'm not that nice."


"Do you remember?" Sunggyu asked.  "This was the place we first met.  You thought I was going to jump off this bridge, that's why you came to stop me."  Though because of that, I let my target escape.

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu before glancing over the bridge. 

He stood on the bridge, staring aimlessly into the distance.  The bright moon, shining stars and the gentle night breeze, it was a night like this so many years ago that he lost his family.  Family.  He hated that word. Family are people who you can trust.  Parents are people who are supposed to protect you.

And yet, they betrayed him to save themselves.  What kind of parents were they?  They deserved it.

He had tried so hard to forget about that night.  But now he was reminded once again of the terrible thing he did.

He turned to look at the man standing beside him. 

Would you still love me if you knew?

 

 

 

 

The End.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Thanks for reading.  That's a happy ending, right?

Who needs a spoiler page?