Once Upon A Time - Chapter 23

Once Upon A Time

Upon hearing his name, the rider took off his helmet.  "How did you know?" Myungsoo asked.

Sunggyu wiped the blood from his mouth and smirked.  "It seemed strange to me that a killer who never slipped up before would let a boy live, especially if that boy was his target's son.  A meticulous killer like that would never leave behind a witness.  I'm just surprised that you could kill your own father."

Myungsoo's eyes narrowed in an angry frown.  "He's not my father!"

Sunggyu smiled.

"He's just like the rest of you!" Myungsoo stated angrily.  "You all deserve to die!"

With those words, Myungsoo raised his sword and rushed towards them.  Sungyeol immediately ran towards the car, while Sunggyu remained standing there with no intention of running.

Myungsoo smirked.  "Even your chauffeur has ditched you."

Sunggyu smiled.  "I very much doubt that."

Seeing the smile on Sunggyu's face and hearing those words, Myungsoo knew that something was not right.  He immediately turned around, just in time to see a blade heading straight for him.  Quick as a flash, Myungsoo raised his sword to block it. 

Without allowing Myungsoo a chance to regain his composure, Sungyeol raised the sword in his hand and struck again.  His actions were swift and deadly.  Their swords clashed again and again.  It took Myungsoo everything he had to keep up with Sungyeol's attacks.  Myungsoo never regarded anyone as a worthy opponent, until now.

"You're not really his chauffeur, are you?" Myungsoo asked.

Sungyeol did not reply and continued with his attacks.

With a mighty swing of his sword, Sungyeol knocked Myungsoo's sword out of his hand and plunged his sword through Myungsoo's chest.  Sungyeol pushed it in deeper until the blade protruded out from Myungsoo's back.  The boy let out an agonising scream as blood strolled down from his mouth.  Sungyeol then pulled the blade out in one swift motion. 

Myungsoo collapsed to the ground as blood gushed out from his chest.  He had lost.  To be taken down by such a strong opponent, even he had to admit defeat.  He lay on the ground and looked up at the man standing over him with the sword in his hand.

Myungsoo smirked.  "Kill me!" he urged and close his eyes, ready for the end.

Sungyeol looked at the boy on the ground and slowly lowered his sword.

After several seconds of silence, Myungsoo opened his eyes to see Sungyeol walking over to Sunggyu.

"Why won't you kill me?" Myungsoo shouted out.

Sunggyu approached him with Sungyeol by his side.  "I want to know who ordered you to do this," Sunggyu demanded.  "Tell me and I might think about sparing your life."

Myungsoo looked at Sunggyu and laughed before coughing out more blood.  He could not believe that Sunggyu was able to remain standing as if nothing had happened.  It was as if the wound he had inflicted on the older man, had no effect, though he could see that Sunggyu was bleeding as much.

"You really are a terrifying monster," Myungsoo mocked.

Sunggyu smirked.  "I've suffered worse.  All these years, you could say that I've become immune to the pain."

"Does he know about you?" Myungsoo asked in a scornful manner.  "About who you really are?"

Myungsoo didn't have to mention any names but Sunggyu knew who he was referring to.

"You don't deserve him!" Myungsoo added angrily.

Sunggyu sighed.  "I know, but I won't let him go because he's mine."

Myungsoo glared at him.  "You-"

"Let me tell you something," Sunggyu interjected.  "The man that you say is not your father, was in fact, your father."

Myungsoo's eyes widened in surprise.  "What do you know?" he scoffed.

"You'll be surprised at how easy it is to obtain information as long as you have the right price," Sunggyu informed.  "I don't know what this person has told you to make you believe otherwise, but to kill your own father, that's harsh."

Myungsoo laughed.  "Why should I believe you?  I saw the DNA results."

"Was it given to you by the very same person who made you his puppet?" Sunggyu asked.  "Don't you know documents can be falsified?"

Myungsoo was silent as if contemplating Sunggyu's words.

Sunggyu narrowed his eyes.  "But I guess if this person was someone of a trustworthy status then I can hardly blame you for believing this manipulative bastard," said Sunggyu as he glanced up ahead.  "Am I right, Detective Lee?"

Hoya smirked as he stood, dressed in black with a sword in hand and a group of men at his command.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Surprise, surprise.