Once Upon A Time - Chapter 14

Once Upon A Time

The large iron gates automatically opened as the car pulled up in front of it.  Woohyun could not help but feel out of place as they drove down the long wide path, passing by a large fountain until they stopped in front of some marble steps leading up to the main entrance.

Woohyun stood at the entrance, hesitant to enter the palatial mansion until he felt Sunggyu's hand holding his.  He looked at the older man who smiled at him.

"Come on, lets go inside," Sunggyu urged as he pulled Woohyun along.

The double doors opened as if on cue and they were greeted by a man dressed in a white shirt and tie.

"Good evening, Sir," he greeted.

Sunggyu nodded at the man.  "Dongwoo, this is Woohyun.  He'll be staying with us from now on," Sunggyu explained before turning to Woohyun.  "This is Dongwoo.  He looks after us and everything in this house.  If you need anything, just ask him."

"Master Woohyun," said Dongwoo as he nodded to greet Woohyun.

"I'm no master," Woohyun interjected.  "Please don't call me that.  Just Woohyun is fine."

Dongwoo nodded understandingly.  "Very well," he said.  "I've prepared a room for you.  Please follow me."

As they walked through the hallway towards a winding staircase, they heard the sound of pots and pans clattering and then the sound of something smashing on the floor. 

Dongwoo let out a sigh before turning to face Sunggyu and Woohyun.  "Sorry about that."

"What's he up to now?" Sunggyu asked.

"He heard you were bringing a guest back so he said he wanted to cook a feast to welcome your guest," Dongwoo informed.  "He's been at it for hours.  I'm afraid to go in there, in case I might die of shock at the state of that kitchen which, no doubt,  I'll have to clean up later."

"Sunggyuuuuuuu...!" a voice shouted out from afar.

Seconds later, a figure came dashing towards them.  Woohyun looked at the teenage boy in a white apron with patches of flour on his face.

"Sunggyu!' the boy exclaimed excitedly.  "Dinner's ready!"

Sunggyu smiled upon seeing the proud smile on the boy's face.  "Sungjong, I want you to meet, Woohyun."

The boy looked at Woohyun and smiled brightly.  "Woohyun, I made dinner.  Come!" he said as he dragged Woohyun down the hall.


Woohyun found himself seated at a large dining table laid out with numerous dishes and cutlery.  There were ten seats however only two of them were occupied by him and Sunggyu while Sungjong and Dongwoo stood waiting.  Woohyun seemed uncomfortable with having people stand and watch while he ate.

Sungjong pouted when he noticed Woohyun's hesitation.  "Don't you like these dishes?" he asked sadly.  "They taste good, I promise."

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun.  "You can't leave this table until all the food is finished," he teased.

Woohyun's eyes widened.  There was no way the two of them could finish everything on the table.


Woohyun stood on the balcony of his second floor room while gazing at the stars above.  So lost in thought that he did not hear the knock at his door.

"What are you thinking about?" a voice asked.

Woohyun jumped at the sudden presence beside him.

"I'm sorry," Sunggyu apologised as he quickly grabbed Woohyun's arms to steady him. "I didn't mean to startle you."

"No, it's okay," said Woohyun.

Despite Woohyun's faint smile, Sunggyu could see the troubled look on the younger man's face.  "Is something wrong?"

Woohyun shook his head.  "Nothing," he replied.  There was a pause of hesitation.  "Why...why are you so nice to me?  I mean...aren't you afraid that I'm a bad person?"

Sunggyu smiled.  "I know you're not," he stated with confidence.  "The boy who once tried to save me is a person with a pure heart, even if he does not remember me now."

Woohyun began to shake his head.  "I'm not..."

Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun's shoulders and locked his eyes upon the younger man.  "The one I met seven years ago, the one who said he would marry me, the one who said he wanted me to be his wife..."  Sunggyu paused to smile as he remembered thinking how absurd that was, hearing a boy wanting to be his husband.  "The one who promised to love me, was you, Woohyun."

Unable to control himself any longer, Sunggyu leaned in and claimed Woohyun's lips in a passionate kiss.  Woohyun was startled, his eyes widened in surprise yet he did not resist.  Instead, Woohyun found himself holding onto the older man as if he never wanted to let go.  Sensing that Woohyun was not resisting, Sunggyu pulled away momentarily to look at the younger man.

"I love you," Sunggyu whispered before he reclaimed those lips once again.

Sunggyu trailed his lips down Woohyun's throat.  Woohyun gasped when he felt soft lips pressing against his skin.  The gasp from Woohyun drove Sunggyu over the edge.  He quickly picked Woohyun up and carried him over to the king size bed where he laid him down before climbing on top of him. 

Woohyun looked up at the older man on top of him.  Truth be told, he was a little scared.  He had never done this before and yet he was eager for the older man's touch.  He wanted to feel those lips once again.

Sunggyu began to Woohyun's shirt before he trailed kisses down his throat, his neck and further down below.

"Woohyun!  Do you want some hot chocolate?" a voice called out as the bedroom door burst open.

Sunggyu's kiss came to a halt at the sudden intrusion.

Sungjong stood frozen at the door when he caught sight of the two figures on the bed.  "My bad."