Jongin, the dancing king

Me and My Muses

Inspiration: Jongin danced again!!!

 

 

Aeri walks alone in the campus corridor. She's about to get out of the building, when she hears music in dance club. She stops and smiles unknowingly. She doesn't need to see who is inside the dance club, at this hour it will only that one person who will be there.

She turns around, forget about going home, towards the vending machine to get a can of apple juice. When the beverage is in her hand, Aeri heads to the dance club. After taking a peak from the window, she's right. He's inside, dancing to a song named Lucky One.

Aeri opens the door, making Jongin stops dancing and looks at her.

"Aeri?"

"Go. Keep on dancing."

Aeri sits on the floor with her back leans on the wall. Despite Aeri has asked him to continue to dance, Jongin is still standing and paying attention to her. He smiles unknowingly, remember of Aeri's habit when she accompanied him dancing. He's happy, she hasn't changed.

Jongin turns his body facing the mirror wall. Once again, he takes a glance at Aeri from the mirror and starts moving his upper body. Jongin's left ankle still hurts, so he tries to not move it too much.

Aeri stares at Jongin's every move carefully. She notices he doesn't want to move his ankles, but the way his hands dance is still captivating. For Aeri, Jongin looks best when he's dancing with all his passion.

Aeri realizes, the way she looks at dancing Jongin never changed. If it's in anime, there will be hearts in Aeri's eyes everytime Jongin moves. Her smile which is full of proud is also still there. For Aeri, Jongin is still the king of stage in every campus festival.

When the music stop, Jongin does too. He looks at Aeri in the mirror and the girl smiles at him from ear to ear, making Jongin's heart wants to explode because of the happiness. He turns around and walks to where Aeri is sitting.

Aeri suddenly holds her breath, because here it is, her another favorite moment. Everytime Jongin finishes, he will be sweating quite a lot. Weird or not, for her Jongin looks dazzling with the sweat on his forehead. Then....just like what he's doing now while walking towards her, Jongin flips his fringe up gracefully. Damn, he's always look cool in her eyes everytime he does that. Aeri has to look on the floor, she doesn't want Jongin to see her red cheeks.

Jongin sits beside her. And out of habit, Aeri offers a can of juice to him. The thing she always did before. Jongin looks taken a back, seems like he doesn't expect Aeri to do this. Aeri has to look up at him when she realizes Jongin hasn't taken the beverage yet from her hand. Their eyes meet. Jongin looks like he wonders why Aeri brought it for him.

They stare at each other for a while, both of them don't know what to say. But then Jongin coughs and takes the can from Aeri. He opens it then drinks all of it in one go.

"Thanks for this." He smiles awkwardly.

Aeri just nods. The sweat on Jongin's forehead reminds Aeri at her habit. Back then, she would wipe off Jongin's sweat with tissue or not, didn't care about hygienic. Like devil whisperer, Aeri leans closer and her hand is like moving on its own. She wipes the sweat off on Jongin's cheek. Jongin startles and looks at Aeri with curiosity all over his face.

Jongin and Aeri are so close right now, with Aeri's hand on Jongin's cheek and eyes on each other. Jongin takes Aeri's hand and interwines their fingers. He leans forward and just an inch away from Aeri. Aeri is nervous all of sudden when he feels Jongin's breath. But just like another devil whisperer, she slowly closes her eyes. Then she feels Jongin's lips on hers. Warm and sweet.

They kiss again. Their lips move on their owns at the reunion. That kiss is not the passionate one, but a sweet one that's making they stop thinking about everything for a moment. This is like exactly like the old times. Jongin practised the dance, Aeri watched and cheered up on him, then they talked, joked, and kissed in the dance club.

They pull away from each other but still close and Jongin caresses her cheek.

"I miss you," Jongin says weakly with a sad tone.

Aeri doesn't know how to respond, so she only looks at his beautiful dark orbs. Jongin is still sweet and captivating like before. He kisses her forehead sweetly. He still knows to make hear weak.

"It's getting dark now. Let's go home. I'll take you home." Jongin stands up with half a heart not ready to be parted with Aeri, then offers his hand to her.

Aeri only nods then takes Jongin's hand.

Along the way to Aeri's apartment, they chat a lot, although a bit awkward.