Sleeping angel Jongin

Me and My Muses

Inspiration: this pic of my baby bear sleeping *_*

 

The rain is heavy outside. Aeri is occasionally touching her heart everytime a lightning comes with its marvelous sound. She turns off her bedside lamp, when she's hearing a soft knock. At first, she thought it's just some rainwater on the window brought by the wind. But that knock hasn't stopped, even it becomes clearer.

Aeri takes a glance at her clock on the wall. 11.30 PM. Who's the hell coming into her apartment at this hour if it's not Sehun? But coming here in this heavy rain? That guy is definitely something! She stands up and walks to the door while preparing sarcastic words that she will throw at that handsome naughty boy.

But when Aeri opens the door, she's completely speechless. All the words and thoughts she had earlier are vanished. She is motionless until she can't even blink to make sure what she's really seeing right now is real or not.

It's not Sehun, it's another man. It's Jongin. Jongin who's soaking from head to toe. Wet Jongin who's suddenly making her worried.

"Jongin." Aeri finally knows how to speak after being silent for a moment.

Jongin is trembling but he still tries to give her a smile. "Can I come in?"

Aeri is now totally back to her sense. "Yes. Please come on in!"

Jongin walks inside after giving a away by the apartment's owner. Aeri hurriedly locks the door and her face full of confusion seeing Jongin like this.

"Sit comfortably here. I'll take something dry for you."

"No, you don't need to...." Jongin refuses but is cut by Aeri.

"Don't protest, you're trembling right now." She scolds him like a mom scolding her son.

Aeri goes to her room and straight to her wardrobe. She takes clean towel. Then she literally stops and thinks for a moment before taking Sehun's t-shirt and jogging pants that he's purposely left here, just in case he will stay overnight. Without further ado, she runs back to the living room just to see Jongin sits on the couch.

"Jongin, dry yourself first." She offers the towel and the clothes for him.

Jongin takes them and a bit confused with men's clothes that Aeri gives to him. His first thought says it's Sehun's but to cheer him up he preferes to think that the clothes probably belongs to Heechul, since he lived here before.

"Just get in to my room to use the bathroom. Hurry up, Jongin, you must be so cold right now."

Jongin sees concern in her eyes. He nods then stands up to go to the bathroom, because he doesn't want to make Aeri more worried about him.

While Jongin in the bathroom, Aeri is busy in the kitchen. She warms the chicken soup she made for dinner and makes hot chocolate for Jongin. She just puts the soup and the hot chocolate on the table in the living room when Jongin gets out from her room. Aeri is a bit flustered seeing Sehun's t-shirt on Jongin's body.

"Come here Jongin and make yourself warmer. I've made this for you."

Jongin sits back on the couch next to her, but there's a mere distance between them. Jongin dislikes this, they used cuddling together on this couch, this is making his head aches even more. But that thought has to be stopped when a mug of hot chocolate is in front of him. He takes it from Aeri and sips it. He's unknowingly smile with the familiar taste.

"Why do you come here?" Aeri finally speaks up the things that made her curios.

Jongin takes the spoon to eat her soup before giving an answer. "I missed you."

He doesn't dare to look at her so he tries to focus with the soup instead. Jongin senses the uncomfortable air after he said that, but he said the truth.

"Jongin...stop joking." Aeri chuckles awkwardly.

Jongin stops eating and brace himself to face Aeri. "I was tired at home. So I decided to stroll around without knowing the destination. Suddenly it's late and raining then I wanted to see you so badly. That's why I come here."

Aeri breaks their gaze and looks at her fidgeting fingers. Aeri doesn't know how to respond with all the confusion she feels and her pounding heart. But she knows that Jongin is still gazing at her.

Aeri lets out a breath of relief when she hears a sound of spoon meeting with a bowl. She's glad he's eating the soup again instead of keep staring at her.

"Your soup is tasty." Jongin says and continue eating.

"Thanks. Uhm...I'll dry your clothes. Please enjoy this."

Aeri just wants to avoid all the uncomfortable awkwardness. She goes to the bathroom to take Jongin's clothes and then goes to dry it at the dryer machine. She leans on the wall while waiting his clothes to be dry. She decides to stay there a bit longer becauss she really doesn't know how to face Jongin right now. She keeps thinking too much until she doesn't aware that the dryer has stopped since minutes ago. But even after taking out the clothes from the dryer, Aeri is still there. She's still confused with everything. When she thinks she's ready, she takes a deep breath and goes back to living room.

Aeri's heart never stops beating but the sight she's seeing in her living room gives her relief. Jongin is asleep on her couch. He's sleeping peacefully.

"Jongin." Aeri tries to call him softly to make sure that he's really sleeping.

After making sure that Jongin is sleeping, Aeri takes the pillow and blanket from her room for him. She puts pillow under his head carefully. She covers him with her thick blanket.

When Aeri pulls the blanket to cover Jongin from his chest to toe, she's mesmerized. Jongin is sleeping like an angel making Aeri can't help but smiling at the sight. Her hands automatically caresses Jongin's fluffy hair lovingly, as if with that action she will erase all Jongin's burden.

Aeri doesn't know how long he stares at sleeping Jongin and decides to go sleeping. She turns off the lamp and closes her room's door.

 

***

 

Aeri wakes up earlier than Jongin who is still sleeping peacefully. So she decides to make breakfast for him as well.

When Aeri almost finishes with all the ingredients to make sandwhich, she hears a cough behind him. She turns around and meets with adorable morning face Jongin. She tries to not fangirling over it.

"Hey. Good morning, Jongin."

"I'm sorry I fell asleep."

"It's no problem at all. Oh, why don't you wash your face or take shower while I'm making breakfast for us? Your dry clothes on my bed."

Jongin only nods giddily, without another words he goes to Aeri's door.

Aeri finishes her sandwhiches. After that she make milk banana as their morning beverage. Right after serving the sandwhich and the milk on the dining table, Jongin is back looking so much fresh in his own clothes.

"Let's have breakfast. Sorry if I just made this."

Jongin sits across Aeri. "It's already good though."

Aeri smiles. "Then let's eat!"

They almost eat in silence. Sometimes Jongin asks about their classes for the day just to kill the awkwardness between them.

"Thanks for these, Aeri. As always it's good. Let me wash the dishes before going home."

"No, Jongin. You're the guest. You're not allowed to do that."

But Jongin is fast. He stands up taking the dirty plates and glasses. "Take a relax, girl. I won't break anything."

Aeri chuckles. "Alright then. I'll be in living room."

Fifteen minutes later, Jongin has finished with the dish. "I'll go home, thanks for letting me stay and taking care of me."

"Ah it's nothing, really."

"But still thanks."

Aeri only nods then they walk together to the front door. Aeri is about to open the door, when she feels hands surround her shoulder. She is pulled and her back meets with Jongin's chest. All of this only makes Aeri surprised.

"Aeri, I still love you. I still want you. I'm sorry for making everything like this. I'm sorry for being selfish"

Aeri gulps. She feels her hand becomes sweaty at the doorknob.

Jongin continues his words. "I know I shouldn't be like this after breaking your heart, but at least, can I just come here to see you and your smile? I won't do anything more than that, I just really can't live without your smile."

Jongin puts his chin on her left shoulder. Aeri's tears are threatens to fall. She doesn't know how to answer at his request.

"Jongin....I....I...I love Sehun." She finally says that. She just needs to say it, because she doesn't want them to hurt Sehun in all these mess.

Jongin knows it already. Jongin knew from the moment Sehun turned sad Aeri into lively Aeri. Jongin knows from the way she looks at Sehun, because it's the same with the way Aeri looked at himself before. He knows he shall be happy, but what to do when his heart has just broken into pieces.

Jongin tightens his embrace. "I know."

Jongin's voice cracks and the tears run down from his eyes. Aeri's heart clenches hearing that. She knows that he's crying.

Aeri turns around and her heart is breaking seeing his tears. Aeri can't hold her tears anymore.

"Jongin, don't cry!"

She buries her face on Jongin's chest and sobs hard. They both are crying while hugging each other.

Aeri knows that she's the one who's selfish here. She's in love with Sehun but she cares a lot for Jongin. She's so screwed with all these feelings.