Love Yourself

Me and My Muses

Inspiration: ChanSoo duet - Love Yourself

 

Aeri spends her Saturday nite with Sehun, Chanyeol, and Kyungsoo in a cafe. The atmosphere in the cafe is so cozy. The foods are great and the band who is performing play easy listening musics.

"Is there anyone of you who wants to sing?" One of cafe band member speaks up.

Aeri suddenly gets an idea. "Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, please sing."

"Huh? What? No." Kyungsoo refuses right away.

"Why? You know I love your voices and your duets. Kyungsoo please, Chanyeol please." Aeri pleads and tries giving her puppy eyes.

"Aish...this girl is seriously the death of me." Chanyeol stands up. He forces Kyungsoo to stand up as well. "Kyungsoo, come on. Let's just sing the song we've practiced last week."

Aeri clasps. "I know that you guys keep practicing."

Kyungsoo finally gives up. He and Chanyeol then walks to the band area. Usually the band will play the music when a visitor wants to sing, but because Chanyeol himself can play many music instruments, he takes the guitar and checks it for a while. Kyungsoo is sitting beside him. There are two mics for them.

Aeri is so excited. She stands up while bringing her phone. She's standing in front of the small stage where Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are ready to sing. Aeri gives thumb up for her friends and ready to record their performance with her phone.

The melody of guitar from Chanyeol is starting then followed with Kyungsoo's voice.

"For the times that you rain on my parade........."

Aeri smiles widely. First because of Kyungsoo's voice, second because they sing her favorite song of Justin Bieber's song.

"And I didn't wanna write a song coz I didn't want anyone thinking I still care I don't but  you still hit my phone up..." Chanyeol sings too.

Their harmonization when singing together is no joke. The smile never leaves Aeri's face. Aeri can feel the cafe becomes more quiet, she's sure all the visitors are also enjoying her friends' duet.

When they're finished, the applause from whole cafe is heard. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo high fives together. Chanyeol even bows to the crowd, meanwhile Kyungsoo looks shy. Aeri welcomes their friends when they get off the stage.

"You guys did a good job." She throws herself to them and hug them as well. Three of them are hugging like children just got a pocket of candies.

 

***

 

Sehun's car stops in front of Aeri's apartment. But Aeri is still sitting, without even unfastening the seatbelt and preparing to get out of his car. Her eyes stays on Sehun's side profile.

Sehun feels weird seeing Aeri who's still in his car. He looks at her and sees a lot of questions are written on her beautiful face.

"Don't you want to tell me something?" Aeri speaks up, eyes still on Sehun.

"Hmm? What do you mean?" Sehun tilts his head a bit.

"You haven't spoken any single word to me, since we left the cafe."

"Oh. I'm just tired. Sorry." He smiles, but forcefully.

"Sehun, what's wrong?" Aeri sounds so worried. "I'll stay here if you don't want to tell me."

Sehun looks away and rests his head on the seat. He sighs. "I'm mad at myself because I never make you proud."

"What?"

He sighs again and closes his eyes. "The way you enjoyed Chanyeol and Kyungsoo's voices really bothers me. The way you adored them was so special. It's the same way when you listen to Baekhyun and Jongdae's voices. Especially Baekhyun's, you never stop bragging how you are number one fan of his voice. You also looked so proud everytime Jongin dance. And I've never done something good that made you proud of me like that."

Aeri feels her heart breaks hearing Sehun's words. She leans closer and forces Sehun to look at her. Aeri sees sadness in his eyes and she doesn't like it. She touches his cheek and caresses it softly.

"Don't you ever think low about yourself. Who cares if you can't sing as good as Baekhyun or dance as good as Jongin? I don't need you to impress me with such of things. Have you ever thought of how special you are? Have you ever thought just how your love can do what no one else can? Do you know just how your presence can make my world becomes more beautiful?"

They lock gaze, as if they speak to their eyes. Sehun becomes soften than earlier. Aeri moves closer until their faces almost touch.

"Please love yourself, Sehun. You are very special and extraordinary for me."

She cups Sehun's face and kiss his lips softly. Her kiss is so tender and sweet. Sehun feels like his heart is melting with Aeri's kiss. Slowly, he kisses her back. Their kiss is warm not a passionate one but addicting.

Aeri pulls away a little from their kiss. "You have to know that I never want to kiss them like this because I'm pretty sure no one as good as you when it comes to kissing."

Sehun chuckles and pulls Aeri again for another kiss. This time, he kisses her harder than before.

They don't know how long they kissed. They're currently panting with forehead touch each other.

"Do you want to stay in my apartment tonight? So that we can kiss again and maybe...something more." Aeri says while still trying to catch more oxygen.

Sehun smiles mischievously. "Invitation accepted."

They giggle and hurriedly get out of the car.