Jongin's ring

Me and My Muses

(Inspiration: Jongin's ring that he's wearing in the airport on the way to Bangkok for EXO'rDIUM)

 

 

Aeri and Sehun are currently in the cafeteria waiting for their next class. They sit in the corner and they are like in their own world. Sehun keeps poking Aeri's cheek, arm, and waist while teasing her about something. Aeri tries to stop by holding Sehun's hand but her laugh never stops and she keeps trying to not scream out loud.

The lovebirds stops whatever they're doing when Kyungsoo and Jongdae walk towards their table. Kyungsoo sits across Aeri and Jongdae sits next to Sehun.

"Where are the others?" Sehun asks.

"They'll come in ten seconds," Jongdae smiles until his eyes disappear.

A minute later unlike ten seconds like Jongdae said, Baekhyun walks into cafeteria along with Jongin and Chanyeol behind him. Aeri suddenly takes a deep breath and talks to her heart to be calm. Chanyeol takes sit next to Jongdae, Jongin is beside Kyungsoo and Baekhyun is willingly sitting next to Jongin.

Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongdae talk about how lazy they are for the next class. Jongin and Kyungsoo sometimes in into the beagles conversation. Kyungsoo keeps reminding about how important the next class for them. Aeri only smiles hearing her friends' conversation especially with Jongdae's whining. Sehun looks calm, he smiles a bit when someone says something funny, but his left hand is busy holding Aeri's hand under the table. Sometimes Sehun's thumb caresses Aeri's hand softly.

The topic of their conversation suddenly changes drastically when Jongdae notices something different. "Kim Jongin, I know you keep trying to hide it, but you can fool this Kim Jongdae. I know you're wearing a ring in your left ring finger," Jongdae says while rising his eyebrows.

All of their attentions move into Jongin's hand. The said guy suddenly looks pale. Baekhyun is automatically taking Jongin's hand and rising it so that everyone can see the ring that the latter is wearing. Jongdae's right, there's a silver ring circling in Jongin's left ring finger.

"Wow, Kim Jongin! Is it your engagement ring with Jung Soojung?" Baekhyun squealed.

Chanyeol points his finger to Jongin's. "How dare you not invited us to your engagement party?"

When Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Jongdae being excited and ask Jongin for explanation; the others have different reactions. Aeri is totally being silent, her face goes pale, her heart is like just got hit by a wrecking ball, and she feels like she gets breathing problem all of sudden. Jongin asks their excited friends to stop and keeps taking a glance at Aeri who doesn't want to look at him. Sehun with his pokerface is eyeing Jongin in front of him, he knows how Jongin is afraid of making Aeri hurts. Meanwhile Kyungsoo keeps taking a look at expressions of Aeri, Sehun, and Jongin.

"Guys, please stop. This is not engagement ring or whatsoever, I'm not engaged to her." Jongin tries to assure his friends.

"You mean, she's not your fiancee yet?" Chanyeol teases.

"Whatever, it's not what you're thinking of," Jongin explains desperately.

Aeri only looks at her hands on her laps. She doesn't want to see that ring or knowing the facts about that. But Jongdae, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol keep demanding the truth even though Jongin keeps saying no.

Sehun let go of Aeri's hand then he suddenly hits the table and stand up making his friends startle and look at him.

"If Jongin says no, then it's a no. Stop making an unimportant fuss." Sehun says while taking his bag. "I'm going first. I need to take something in my locker." He walks away and not even turns to take a glance at his friends or Aeri.

Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Jongdae then stop completely. They still quite shocked with what Sehun just said. Jongin is now having a bravery to look at Aeri even though the girl still doesn't want to look at his direction.

"Guys, let's go to the class." Kyungsoo stands up and pats Jongin's shoulder.

The beagles groan but stand up as well because they have no other choice. Kyungsoo walks first, followed by Baekhyun and Chanyeol then Aeri. Jongdae then runs faster to catch up his friends and Jongin being the last one.

Jongin sighs in relief seeing Aeri is walking alone. He walks faster to catch Aeri who is looking something in her phone.

"Aeri." Jongin calls her softly when he finally walks beside her.

Aeri startles a bit and shock seeing Jongin in her side. Jongin gives her a sweet smile making Aeri's heart beats faster.

"I wanna give you explanation...."

"Stop, Jongin. If you wanna talk about...that ring, I don't want to know."

They both stop walking and stare at each other. Jongin wants to speak up but Aeri's eyes keep saying don't. After being silent for a while, Aeri continues to walk, so does Jongin. The two are walking to their class without any words.

When they arrive at their class, Jongin pulls Aeri's hand to stop her for entering. "Even though you don't want to know, I still have to say it. This ring is a couple ring. The thing I bought for us, but I didn't have a time to give it to you." Jongin let go of Aeri's arm. "That's all you need to know." He walks into the class alone.

Aeri doesn't know what to feel. She feels relief with Jongin's explanation but at the same time she knows everything's still wrong. She feels like crying. She feels like screaming out loud to cry her heart out.

The professor for the next lecture is coming and he stops seeing Aeri is still standing in front of the class. "What are you doing here? Are you not coming in?"

"Ah yes." Aeri bows to the professor and quickly runs into the class only to find out the left seat for her is in the first row right in front of the professor's desk. She sighs while walking helplessly to the chair.

She takes a glance around the class and find that her friends, including Jongin and Sehun, are sitting at the back. She mentally curses when Chanyeol gives a salut for her with his goofy smile. She sees Jongin is looking at his book and Sehun is talking with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

Before the class officially starts, Aeri's phone vibrates. She carefully takes her phone and reads a message she just got.

From Sehun: 'Go home with me later.'

Another message comes, still from Sehun: 'And no, I'm not mad at you if you have the thought. Let's just forget everything that happened earlier.'

And another one comes: 'Don't reply it or else you have a problem with the professor. Enjoy your seat there, sweetheart :p'

Aeri holds herself to not laugh. She sends her phone back into her bag and opens her book on the table. Her heart was heavy but Sehun just lifted some tons of her pains from it.