Your Passion and His Joy

I Met Him when He Almost Killed Me

Key walked, more like skipped, in to your hospital room, forgetting to knock.

He smiled softly when he saw you asleep.

He was about to lightly shake you awake when he stole a glance at your face. His heart pounded in his chest.

He stared at your peaceful, sleeping face. You looked like an angel to him.

Heck, you looked like an angel even awake to him.

His eyes searched your pale face. Your long, dark eyelashes that curled inwards right at the tip, your thin pink lips, your shoulder length wavy hair that rested on your shoulders and chest.

 It all made you look like a goddess.

*So... beautiful.* He didn't deny anything that he thought.

Something caught his eye though. His eyes traveled to the painting beside your bed.

He smiled widely, *She used my gift to her!* He cheered in his head and did a little dance.

He stared at the painting. *It's gorgeous... just like her.* He sighed in content.

*I really like the roses. So eye catching and pretty.* He continued to admire your artwork.

He didn't notice your eyes slowly opening.

Half awake, you sat up in bed and yawned. He put down the painting.

"Hi ~~~~~~." He waved. "Hi Key Oppa." You lightly waved back.

"Are you tired? I can leave and let you rest if you want to." He offered. You shook your head.

"No no. You can stay. I actually have something to give you in return for your gift." You said.

He blinked and tilted his head. You got the painting and placed it in his hands.

"Here. You can just rip this page from the sketch book but be careful when you do that." You smiled.

He smiled back, "I'll frame it up at my apartment." He beamed.

You blushed, "But it's not anything special or pretty. It looks like a middle school art student made it." You joked and made a face.

He frowned and shook his head. "No! It's the most beautiful painting in the world! It's even better than the Mona Lisa!" He declared.

You laughed and shook your head.

"Thank you." He whispered. "Your welcome." You replied with a soft smile.

"I really do admire your passion for painting. It... brings me joy." He admitted and looked away, embarrassed.

To his suprise, you just suddenly pulled him in for a tight hug. "Thank you so much. That's the sweetest thing anybody has ever told me." You shyly tucked your hair behind your ear as you let him go.

Something made him want to pull you in for a bone crushing hug and never let you go.

The moment was sort of... romantic in a way.

Your face was just a couple inches away from his and your eyes never left his.

He leaned in slowly. Your eyes widened but you didn't want to move for some reason.

You shut your eyes and waited.

Just when your lips were about to touch...

"Visiting hours are over Key!" Nurse Jung called from outside.

Both you and him separated from each other and he cleared his throat. Your face was cherry red.

"I g-guess I'll go now. B-bye." He stuttered and walked out quickly, not forgetting the painting of course.

Once he left, you buried yourself under your thin, blue covers. *Aigoo. What was that?! Was he going to... kiss me?*

You blushed deeply at the thought and shut your eyes tight.