New friend

I Met Him when He Almost Killed Me

It was the day after you had found out about your leg.

You had to be kept in the hospital for 2 more months because of physical therapy and for the doctors to make sure the impact didn't effect your nerve system. Tests were still in progress.

You were still a little numb because of the shock but you were alright.

You always reminded yourself to stay positive and to never lose hope.

You tried your best to always smile.

Hyuna had informed you that she would be taking over the paint shop until you were ready to be discharged from the hospital.

She was the assistant manager after all. You were so grateful to her.

You were now just sitting on your bed, watching TV and chewing on some jell-o.

A nurse walked in and greeted you. "Hi Nurse Jung." You smiled.

She smiled back, "You have a visitor today ~~~~~~."

"Is is father or Hyuna?" You asked. "Nope. Someone else." She winked and walked away.

A boy stepped in your hospital room. You softly gasped.

*I've seen him somewhere before! That's the boy I always dream about!* You stared at him.

"Hello ~~~~~~." He greeted and bowed. You hesitantly bowed back.

"Not to sound rude but who are you?" You asked. He smiled a little.

"I'm Kim Kibum. You can call me Key if you like." He introduced himself.

You nodded slowly, "But... how do you know me?" You asked.

He gulped, "I was in the car accident. I was in the car that landed on yours." He spoke very slowly and gently.

Your eyes widened. He stepped back a little.

"Don't worry! It wasn't any of our faults! A truck hit me first!" He said quickly.

"Oh..." You nodded in understanding. It wasn't his fault. He didn't cause the accident right?

"I came to make friends with you!" He smiled brightly. You looked at him weirdly.

He blushed, "I actually came to apologize too. But you seem nice and all..." He trailed off.

You giggled. "Choi ~~~~~. Nice to meet you." You held out your hand.

His eyes widened in suprise. *How can she be so happy? She knows about her paralyzed leg right? Talk about positivity...*

He slowly shook your hand. "Please. Sit down." You pointed to a chair.

He pulled the chair over to the edge of the hospital bed. He smiled at you.

"So what do you do? Do you have a job? Or are you still a student?" He  asked.

"I have a job. I own a paint shop." You beamed. "What about you?" You asked.

"I'm in the music business. It's not official but I'm sort of in a band. It's not official yet though." He answered.

You nodded. "Can you... sing... for me?" You asked and blushed. "I'mean you don't have to! Only if you want!"

He chuckled, "It's okay. What song? Shall I sing you my new song?" He asked. You eagerly nodded.

He started singing his group, SHINee's, new song called 'Hello'.

The lyrics were so sweet. The song was so catchy. You melted hearing his voice.

When he stopped, he opened his eyes and looked at you.

Your eyes were closed and you were rocking yourself side to side.

He stared at you, amused. You opened one eye and peeked at him.

He smiled at you. You blushed but started clapping.

"You're such a good singer Oppa!" You cheered. You flamed red again, "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to call you Oppa."

He laughed, "It's okay. I sort of liked it." He admitted. You were kind of... pleased, for some reason.

You two continued to talk about regular things. Work, your painting skills, his musical talents, food, TV, fashion, and hair.

You giggled at his jokes, *Key Oppa is such a diva! But it's cute. Wait, cute?! He's just a friend ~~~~~~!*

Nurse Jung walked in. "Visiting hours are over now Kibum." She said. He nodded and stood up.

"See you again ~~~~~. I'll be coming a lot more often." He winked and left.

You bit your lip and smiled.

"Someone has a crush~" Nurse Jung sung.

"No! It's not like that!" You frantically shook your head.

She chuckled, "Arasso. Get some rest ~~~~~." She left.

You laid back on your bed, *I made a new friend today. He's so nice and funny. He's a gentleman too.* You smiled.