Chapter 2

The Lost Story of The Last Guard [An EXO Fanfic]

In the days that followed saw Chanyeol hard at work to provide sufficient power to the capitol, but Kyungsoo was frustrated with it. He didn't think they'd be stuck working on the power, but he didn't want to quit the guard so he just grin and bared it.

Chanyeol sighed as he worked on the electricity, sending lightning through the currents and hoping that it would work. He shook his head and looked at Kyungsoo, who looked frustrated with the outcome. "There's only so much Chen can do," he said. "I know," said Kyungsoo. "I'm more pissed at the fact that we're stuck doing this," he said.

Chanyeol sighed as he worked with some of the wires, being careful not to get shocked. He concentrated on coaxing Chen into providing some electricity. There's only so much I can do, Chen said with a growl in Chanyeol's head. "Sorry Chen," mumbled Chanyeol as he moved his hand away. He shook his head again. "That's all I can do," he said. Kyungsoo nodded, and helped Chanyeol close the panel. "Well, let's go and see if it worked," he said. Chanyeol nodded and walked out of the main power plant with Kyungsoo.

"When's Aron coming?" Asked Kyungsoo as they went to get lunch after making sure the electricity was working. "In the next month or so," said Chanyeol. "At least, that's what his letter said," he said. "Ren won't be coming until next year," he said. Kyungsoo nodded. "He's like you right? An orb user," he said. Chanyeol nodded. "We're not sure what element he'll end up choosing but I want to start training him when we have the time to," he said. "Luhan's hoping he'd go ice, but I want him to go lightning," he said, chuckling. "He might choose fire, it'd be good for him," said Kyungsoo. Chanyeol nodded. "Taemin needs to have his ego punched down a good bit," he said.

"What's Aron like?" Asked Kyungsoo as they stopped at a restaurant to get lunch. They got a table and ordered their food before Chanyeol decided to speak. "He's prideful," said Chanyeol, who shrugged. "He's also proven to be very skillful with a bow, he hunts for food with his companion Baekhyun a lot," he said. "An archer? He must be very good," said Kyungsoo. Chanyeol smiled. "Yeah," he said, looking proud.

They got their lunch and started eating it, their conversation branching elsewhere. "Do you think you belong in the guard?" Asked Kyungsoo. Chanyeol tilted his head to the side. "Why do you ask?" He asked. "Just out of curiosity," said Kyungsoo. "I mean, we all worked hard to get here, but there's two orb users, you and Luhan," he said. "I think the queen wanted to make sure we didn't end up like Taemin," said Chanyeol. "But I don't mind being here," he said. "My parents were ecstatic about me going to the capitol to start training to be in the guard," he said. "My brother on the other hand, hates the capitol with a passion, I'll never understand why," he said. "That's Ren's father right?" Asked Kyungsoo. Chanyeol nodded. "He's trying to keep Ren from learning anymore about using orbs," he said. "I passed down my first one to him, and Ren's excited to get his own," he said.

"I'd hate to break up your conversation, but mind if we join you?" Asked Luhan as he approached them with Yixing and Jongin. "Sure have a seat," said Kyungsoo as he motioned for Luhan and company to sit. Luhan sat down beside Chanyeol and Yixing sat beisde Luhan while Jongin sat beside Yixing.

"So what's up?" Asked Luhan as the waiter came by with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo's food. Luhan ordered a salad while Jongin and Yixing just got drinks. "We're just talking about Aron and Ren," said Chanyeol. "Do you think you belong in the guard?" He asked. Luhan shrugged. "Yeah," he said. "I know the queen doesn't want us becoming like Taemin, but we've done pretty well on our own so far," he said. Chanyeol nodded. "Isn't your god a polar bear?" He asked. Luhan nodded. "I met Xiumin when I was 10, right after I came to the capitol as a refugee from a neighboring kingdom who was at war with itself," he said.

"What kingdom was it?" Asked Chanyeol. "EXO," said Luhan. "The kingdom was corrupt, I was glad to be able to cross borders when I could," he said. The waiter came back with Luhan's salad and Jongin and Yixing's drinks. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were already eating, so Luhan starts eating his salad. "Do you have any family left?" Chanyeol asked Luhan. Luhan shook his head no. "I crossed over with Yixing and Jongin," he said. "I don't know how we managed to get across without getting shot at but as soon as we made it the people pursuing us left us alone," he said. "We knew that Onew and Minho were waiting on us, because I saw them as soon as we reached the first town," he said.

"They took us, and about 5 other people back to the capitol," said Yixing. "And the rest is history," he said. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo stood, already finished with their food. "We'll see you three later?" Asked Kyungsoo. Luhan nodded. "Yeah, see ya," he said. Kyungsoo went and paid for lunch before he and Chanyeol walked out, back to the power plant to work on the electricity some more.