Chapter 5

The Lost Story of The Last Guard [An EXO Fanfic]

A couple hours later Chanyeol took Aron and Baekhyun to the training grounds to meet the trainees. Aron was apprehensive, but he wanted to know who he would be working with.

Luhan was already there with Yixing and Jongin, working with Baekho. Baekhyun stayed by Aron's side, sniffing the air. Aron put a hand on Baekhyun's head, keeping him still and calm. "Luhan," Chanyeol called out, waving. Luhan turned to Chanyeol and smiled, waving back. He walked over with Yixing, since Jongin was still working with Baekho.

"So Aron's here?" Asked Luhan as he tilted his head at Aron. Aron smiled some. "Yeah, Ren won't be here until next year," he said. Luhan nodded. They heard wood clashing against wood as Minhyun was practicing his sword fighting with Kyungsoo. Aron turned to watch, his head tilting to the side. "That's Minhyun," Chanyeol said, smiling a bit. "Kyungsoo isn't a master swordsman, but he's pretty good," he said. Aron nodded. "JR spars with him too sometimes," said Yixing. "JR's getting pretty good at being a swordsman," he said. "Isn't he trying to be a jack of all trades with weapons?" Asked Aron. "I guess I'll work with him," he said.

"Don't let your competitive nature get ahead of ya Aron," said JR as he walked over to them. "Hey JR," said Aron as he smiled some. "Gonna guess that this is Baekhyun," JR said, looking down at Baekhyun. "Yeah," Aron said petting Baekhyun's head. "What's his reaction to Baekho?" Asked JR. "Calm, for now," said Aron. "He isn't hostile, from what I can see," he said. "He'll get used to Baekho," said JR. "I know," said Aron.

"Wanna work with archery?" He asked JR. "Sure, I do need target practice," said JR. They went to the archery range with Baekhyun at Aron's side. Chanyeol watched them go a small smile on his face. "They grow up too fast," he said, chuckling some. Luhan smiled some. "Is that what you're gonna say when he gets into the guard?" He asked. Chanyeol laughs. "Yeah," he said.

"I guess we'll work with Ren, when he gets here," he said. Luhan nodded. "Don't feel too useless now," Jongin said as he walked over, shrugging on a button down shirt. Baekho had gone to meet Aron. "You have other skills, even Yixing pitched in to teach everyone basic fist aid," said Jongin. "There's nothing we really bring to the table though," said Chanyeol, as he scratched the back of his head. "Even JR said he didn't want to mess with magic," said Luhan. "Said it wasn't his thing, and that he'd leave it up to those who end up training under us," he said. "Mm," mumbled Jongin.

Kyungsoo walked over to them after he was done practicing with Minhyun. Minhyun followed after Kyungsoo, putting his hands in his pockets. "Chanyeol, this is Minhyun," Kyungsoo said, introducing the two. "Nice to meet you," said Chanyeol, holding out his hand for a shake. "Likewise," said Minhyun, shaking his hand.

Chanyeol tilted his head as he studied Minhyun, before his orb appeared. He looked at it, then noticed that Luhan's orb had also appeared. "We gotta go," he said to Minhyun. "Aron can go back to the dorms with you guys, or he can take you back to my apartment, Baekhyun is smart, he'll lead you back there," he said. Minhyun nodded, before heading over to the archery range.

Yixing ran into the training grounds, slightly out of breath. "Onew is back," was all he said, before running back to the palace. "Let's go," Chanyeol said, before he and the others headed back to the palace.