Chapter 10

The Lost Story of The Last Guard [An EXO Fanfic]

Aron's birthday had come and go, with Chanyeol having a small party with his nephew, JR, Minhyun, and Baekho. Aron got a new bow as a present and was eager to test it out. Ren stayed until Friday, and then had to go home.

Luhan had taken over Ren's training, and felt that he was ready to start having Ren target people. "I don't suggest you do that," said Chanyeol when Luhan brought up the idea. "It won't end well, especially when he hasn't chosen his god yet," he said. "It won't be just anyone, Jongin can handle it," said Luhan. "Are you crazy or stupid or both?" Asked Chanyeol. "Remember when Taemin used to target Jongin during his practices? Yeah, that never ended well," he said. "Ice is easier to work with than fire," argued Luhan. "Ice is deadlier than fire," said Chanyeol. "He can't even use lightning! Stop getting it in your head that Ren will end up using lightning in the end," said Luhan.

That set Chanyeol off. His orb appeared, and Luhan backed off, putting his hands up. "You want a battle of the elements? Let's go," said Chanyeol as he prepared to fire lightning bolts at Luhan. "I know I struck a nerve, I'm sorry!" Said Luhan as he continued to back up. "I don't give a damn about what element Ren ends up choosing," said Chanyeol as he walked forward, getting up in Luhan's face. "I'm not letting you target someone because you think it's time to get to that point," he said.

"Hey hey, back off!" Kyungsoo said, running over and pulling Chanyeol away from Luhan. Chanyeol yanked his arm from Kyungsoo's grip, but was stopped by Jongin, who stood in front of Luhan. "Back off," said Jongin, glaring at Chanyeol. "You think a mutt is going to stop me?" Asked Chanyeol as he was grounded by one of Kyungsoo's spells. "He can't, but I can," said Kyungsoo. "Calm down Chanyeol, Luhan won't have Ren target anyone, right?" He asked, turning to Luhan. Luhan nodded. "I won't," he said, looking shaken up.

Chanyeol scoffs, but nods, and Kyungsoo let him go. "Come on, they need us at the power plant again," said Kyungsoo. Chanyeol walked with Kyungsoo to the power plant.

"You really are stupid you know?" Asked Jongin as he turned and punched Luhan in the face. "Do you know how Taemin's target practice went with me? I was left with burn scars, I'm lucky I can even heal fast," he said. "Maybe you should consult Xiumin or whatever his name was and get his opinion," he said, before walking off.

Luhan slumped against the wall, sighing. "Well, what do you think Xiumin?" He asked as his orb appeared, going to float in front of him. No, he's not ready, came Xiumin's reply in his head. Whatever idea you have for him, don't bother with it, he said. I'm not going to stop you however, he said, sighing. I can leave, but I wouldn't have anyone to go to, he said. Luhan nodded, getting up.

Yixing walked over to Luhan, his hands in his pockets. "You're gonna have him target someone aren't you?" He asked. Luhan shrugged. "I may," he said. "Practice makes perfect," he said, walking off. Yixing sighed, and went to find Jongin.