Chapter 12

The Lost Story of The Last Guard [An EXO Fanfic]

A week later came Jongin's funeral, which Ren was allowed to attend. Aron, being his best friend was left to console him since none of the other trainees were allowed to this funeral. Kyungsoo was still trying to keep the guard together, while Yixing had become super depressed. Luhan was ashamed to even look at his childhood friend anymore, and outright refused to go up to the casket to see Jongin's body.

After the funeral Aron had to return to the dorms, since Chanyeol would be leaving with Ren and Kyungsoo to go and convince Ren's father to let Ren come to the capitol early. Baekhyun would be going with them, to provide some comfort for the still shell shocked Ren.

"You think your brother is gonna let him go?" Asked Kyungsoo. "I've always been the one to bring logic into things," said Chanyeol. "Jongdae will have to agree, or his wife will make him," he said. "Who's his wife?" Asked Kyungsoo. "Her name is Krystal," said Chanyeol. "The three of us grew up together but it was Jongdae that made the move after I went to the capitol to begin training," he said.

"Uncle?" Came Ren's quiet voice from behind them. Chanyeol turned to look at Ren. "What is it Ren?" Asked Chanyeol. "Do you think I can make it into the next guard?" He asked. "Of course," said Chanyeol, going over to hug Ren. Baekhyun whined and nudged Ren's arm. "You'll get stronger once you get your own orb and your god chooses you," said Chanyeol. "You won't have any trouble with your element after that, which ever element you end up choosing anyway," he said. Ren nodded. "Frost will probably end up secondary, unless you do end up with Xiumin," said Chanyeol. "I don't want to work with frost anymore," mumbled Ren. "Okay," said Chanyeol. He let Ren go and they continued walking.

Jongdae was waiting for them, when Chanyeol arrived with Kyungsoo, Ren and Baekhyun. Jongdae went over and hugged Ren before walking back to his house with Ren and Baekhyun. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo followed after him.

"I'm not letting you take Ren to the capitol," Jongdae said, turning to Chanyeol as Ren ran up to his room with Baekhyun at his heels. Chanyeol shrugged. "If I don't take him, he'll end up like Taemin," he said. "Do you want that on your hands? Do you want him to bring more shame to our family since Joshua died?" He asked. "I told you not to let Ren learn your magic!" Said Jongdae. "You saw what happened to Joshua, it'll happen to you, then it'll happen to Ren," he said.

"I'm not gonna let it happen to me, or Ren," said Chanyeol as he got quiet. "It wasn't Joshua's fault," he said, looking up at Jongdae. "I want to continue teaching Ren, it won't be long until his god chooses him, and you won't know what to do when it happens," he said.

"Fine," said Jongdae. "It ultimately comes down to Ren's decision anyway," he said. Krystal walked into the room, smiling at Chanyeol before nodding at Kyungsoo. "I see you managed to convince him Krystal," said Chanyeol, who chuckled. "Jongdae usually fights more to get what he wants," he said. Krystal laughs. "Well, it took a bit," she said.

"I better head back to the capitol," said Kyungsoo. "I need to see to it that Luhan and Yixing haven't gone on a killing spree yet," he said. Chanyeol nodded. "We'll be back by the end of the week," he said. Kyungsoo nodded and left.

Ren came into the livingroom with Baekhyun beside him. "I want to go," he said. "It's okay," he said. "Dad, I won't end up like uncle Joshua, I promise," he said. Jongdae offered a sad smile. "Alright kiddo," he said. Ren went to get his stuff together, though he wouldn't pack until later.