Chapter 3

The Lost Story of The Last Guard [An EXO Fanfic]

Luhan, Yixing, and Jongin still felt like they were the outcasts, even though it's been years since they escaped their home kingdom. Being in the queen's guard kept their worries at a minimum, but they still felt like they didn't belong.

"So, what now?" Asked Luhan as he turned to Yixing and Jongin. They shrug. "Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are still working on the power," said Yixing. "Chanyeol's happy that there's another orb user," said Jongin. "You can stop worrying now, especially considering his nephew is gonna need yours and his help since Taemin can't because he was exiled," he said. "I know," Luhan said softly. "I guess I'm just homesick," he said. "We are too," said Yixing, as he put a hand on Luhan's shoulder. "Thanks Yixing," said Luhan, as he managed a smile.

They head off to the palace training grounds, where Jongin was supposed to meet with a young shapeshifter named Baekho. Baekho was still having some trouble shifting between his animal form and his human form so Jongin took to it to help him out, since Jonghyun helped him out when Jongin was in training to be the next guard. Baekho was determined to not let his weakness fail him since he was also training with knives. "It's all about time," Jongin said as he got Baekho to relax. "The pain never goes away, but it gets easier," he said. Baekho nodded. "Okay, take deep breaths and change," Jongin said. Baekho struggled to find his footing when he started to change, his body contorting and changing to his animal form. Jongin watched what was happening then nodded his approval when Baekho was in his animal form.

Baekho shook out his fur, and looked at Jongin, who tilted his head. Jongin offered a soft smile, before telling Baekho to change back. Baekho stretched, changing back into his human form. Jongin threw a change of clothes at Baekho and turned around so Baekho could put the clothes on. "Good, it's actually good to change once a day, it helps your body get used to it," said Jongin. Baekho nodded. "You're getting better at least," said Jongin as he turned around to look at Baekho. "Quiet kid," he said, his head tilting to the side. "Sorry," mumbled Baekho. Jongin smiled. "It's alright," he said.

"You heading home now?" He asked. Baekho nodded. "Yeah, back to the dorms, JR and Minhyun are expecting me," he said. "Alright, be safe," said Jongin. Baekho left the training grounds.

Jongin turned to Luhan and Yixing, who were working with another trainee. "Ready to head out to dinner?" He asked them. "Yeah," said Luhan. "Take a break for now," he said. The other trainee left, going home.

Jongin, Luhan, and Yixing went out to dinner after making sure no one else needed their help.