Chapter 7

The Lost Story of The Last Guard [An EXO Fanfic]

Over the course of the next couple months Chanyeol spent training Aron and company, teaching them ways to counter his magic attacks. It was close to the summer time, and Chanyeol wanted to spend it training Ren.

Aron was out in the forest surrounding the capitol, with a bow and arrow. Baekhyun was sticking close by his side as JR stayed nearby. Aron motioned for JR to move forward, as Baekhyun caught onto a scent. "Go," he said, pointing forward. JR nodded and moved forward, quickly but quietly. JR found himself near a herd of deer so he quickly drew back the string on his bow. He aimed, firing at the deer. Baekhyun jumped forward, snarling and landing on the deer that was shot. Aron made sure to shoot the deer again to get it to collapse.

"Good job," said Aron, smiling some. JR nodded. Baekhyun dragged the deer carcass over to them, and JR and Aron put it on a makeshift wagon. They both drag the deer back into town, going to the butcher. "Your archery is getting better, I always said that the best way to work with archery is real world target practice," said Aron.

Baekhyun stayed by Aron's side as they brought the deer back to the butcher. "Here's your payment," said the butcher as he took the deer from the wagon. "Thank you," said Aron as he split the money between himself and JR. They head out to the market district to get lunch before heading over to the training grounds for their daily training.

Minhyun and Baekho were waiting for them at the market district, since they planned on going out to lunch together.

~

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo had a meeting with Yixing, Jongin, and Luhan. "I know my nephew is coming within the next year," said Chanyeol as he sat at a table at their usual restaurant. "I want to start training him over the summer, and I think I need your help," he said to Luhan. Luhan nodded. "Yeah, I can help out," he said.

"I'm serious here," said Chanyeol as he took a sip of his drink. "I don't want him working with any elements until he gets his god, it's too dangerous now to do anything," he said. Luhan nodded. "Don't worry, I will help him with the basics," he said. "Good," said Chanyeol. He got up and left the restaurant with Kyungsoo following close behind.

Luhan sighed, and shook his head. "You going against his ruling?" Asked Yixing as they were served lunch. "No," said Luhan. "Well, not exactly, I want to help train him, but I'll slowly work to get him used to using ice, if it's not his main element," he said. "Lightning is hard to master, even Chanyeol has trouble," he said. "It's good that we get him used to one element in case he can't use the other," he said. "As much as I trust Chanyeol, I think frost is the better element for him to learn," he said. Yixing nodded. They ate in silence, not much being said between the three of them.

Chanyeol was walking down the streets of the market district, Kyungsoo beside him. "You think Luhan's going to keep to teaching him the basics?" Asked Kyungsoo. "No, but frost is deadly," said Chanyeol. "So is lightning," mumbled Kyungsoo. "I know, but lightning is harder to use," said Chanyeol. "I'd rather he'd go with fire, so Taemin can get his ego punched down a few times," he said, chuckling some. Kyungsoo cracked a smile, shaking his head. "He does need his ego toned down a bit," he said.

"Who do you think is going to die first?" Kyungsoo asked suddenly. Chanyeol gave him a shocked, but questioning look. "I mean, our job gets pretty dangerous," Kyungsoo explained, shrugging. "One of us, or all of us could die at one point or another," he said. "I don't want any of us to die, especially considering the promise we made to the last guard," said Chanyeol. "We'd make it until the next guard got appointed, we have to," he said. "Mm," mumbled Kyungsoo.