Chapter 19

The Lost Story of The Last Guard [An EXO Fanfic]

Luhan and Kyungsoo continued to train Ren and the others, with Yixing pitching in to teach everyone the basics in the medical field. Ren had been outright ignored by Yixing after being taught the basics, but he had been too busy with Luhan to really pay attention.

Luhan stopped Yixing as they were walking to the training grounds. "You alright Yixing?" He asked, concerned for his friend. No. Yixing thought to himself but instead he nodded. "I'm fine," he said. "Train with Ren today," said Luhan. "He needs a break from Kyungsoo and I," he said. Yixing seemed to hesitate, but nodded. "I will," he said. Luhan smiled some. "He's the only other magic user, cut him some slack," he said.

"It wasn't his fault, stop blaming him," he said, the smile fading as he turned serious. "How can I not blame him when it was him that dealt the final blow?" Yixing snapped. "Look, I still blame myself to this day about having him use that move," said Luhan. "I want him to at least know more than his own element and ice," he said. "It'd be better for the guard, considering how screwed up we became," he said.

"I'll do what I want," Yixing said, walking off. "I'll still train him, but nothing more than the basics," he said. Luhan sighed and headed off to find Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo was currently in the market district looking for what he could make for dinner. The trainees had a day off today, so Kyungsoo took the time to get groceries for the week. Luhan found him in a vegetable stand, looking at different vegetables. "Need help?" Asked Luhan. Kyungsoo turned, smiling some when he saw Luhan. "Nah, I'm fine," he said. "What's up? You're usually not out here looking for me," he said. Luhan cracked a smile. "What? I can't visit a friend?" He asked, chuckling some.

"But on a serious note, Yixing is refusing to train Ren," he said. Kyungsoo blinked in confusion. "Really now?" He asked. "Ren had actually asked me if I could teach him anything, I didn't think Yixing still blamed him," he said. "They were close, I can't really blame him," said Luhan. Kyungsoo sent a glare in his direction. "You realize that it was you that started this mess right?" He asked. "I know, and I'm trying to fix it," said Luhan. "Hopefully before it becomes too late," he said. Kyungsoo sighed. "It's all we can hope for," he said, paying for the vegetables.

Luhan continued to walk with Kyungsoo as he left the market stall. "I'm worried for him," he said. "I am too," said Kyungsoo. "There isn't much we can do until he opens up," he said. "He won't open up to us about something like that," said Luhan. "I grew up with the guy," he said. "We also grew up in an area where opening up about things like this is shown as weakness," he said. "I'm sure we'll figure out something," said Kyungsoo. Luhan nodded.

~

"Damn Luhan butting into my business," grumbled Yixing as he punched and kicked practice dummies. "I am not going to train the kid anymore, I've done my job," he said as he continued to punch the dummy. "He doesn't understand the pain," he said, as he slumped down to the ground. He was alone today, which he was glad for, but that didn't help his state of his mind whatsoever.

He eventually got up and went to bandage his knuckles, which were bleeding. He didn't feel the need to heal himself anymore. He let out a deep breath before heading back to the dorms, where he was sure Luhan was waiting.