Chapter 8

The Lost Story of The Last Guard [An EXO Fanfic]

Chanyeol started his training with Ren during the summer, with Luhan helping out when Chanyeol was working with the electricity. Ren was coming along fine with his training, and Luhan thought it was time to start him on an element.

"Luhan, Can you go train Ren today?" Asked Chanyeol as they were headed to the palace to see if they were needed for anything. "Yeah, if we have nothing to do, I know you want to train him, but the electricity is being a pain," said Luhan. "Yeah," said Chanyeol. Kyungsoo was already at the palace waiting for Chanyeol. "Well, I'm working with you today," he explained to Chanyeol. "Let me guess, electricity," said Chanyeol. "Yep, Luhan and Yixing and Jongin are free today," said Kyungsoo. Chanyeol sighed, but nodded.

Luhan smiled, and waved bye when Chanyeol left with Kyungsoo, heading to the power plant. He then turned to Jongin and Yixing, who were waiting for him. "Well, I guess it's time," he said to them. "You want him to target anyone?" Asked Yixing. "Nah, I think we should make sure he can properly draw out the element first," said Luhan. "Alright," said Yixing. They headed to Ren's home town.

Ren rushed over to meet them when Luhan showed up about an hour later. "Hey Ren," Luhan said, smiling. "Hiya Luhan, what am I learning today?" Asked Ren, as he saw Yixing and Jongin. "Well, it's time to work with elements, namely frost," said Luhan. "What no lightning?" Asked Ren. "Nah, Chanyeol can help you there," said Luhan. Ren nodded. "Frost is easy to draw out, but hard to keep a grip on, so we need to work on the concentration a bit," said Luhan as he headed to the outskirts of town to their area that Luhan dubbed the training grounds with Ren and Jongin and Yixing.

"Okay, summon your orb," said Luhan as he summoned his. Ren held out his hand in front of him and his orb appeared. "I haven't seen anyone do that to summon their orb before," Luhan said, tilting his head. "Maybe that means I'm stronger than you," Ren said with a grin. Luhan laughs. "We'll see, kid we'll see," he said.

"Alright, I want you to concentrate, until you feel your fingers get cold," said Luhan as he held up his hand. "You'll see the ice start to form and then move your arm back like you're about to throw a spear, then launch your arm at the tree like this," he said, doing exactly what he was telling Ren to do, an ice spear appearing and going into the nearest tree before dissolving into water. "It's even harder when you don't have your god yet, but try it," he said.

Ren nodded and concentrated, feeling the coldness at his fingertips. He did as Luhan told and launched an ice spear at the tree, letting it melt into water upon impact. "Good job," Luhan said, clapping. "I think that's all for today," he said. "I want you to keep practicing with it when you can okay? When Chanyeol comes over he may start you on lightning," he said. Ren nodded.

"I have to get back to the capitol, anything you want me to tell Chanyeol or Aron?" Asked Luhan. "Dad's letting me go to the capitol next week, it's Aron's birthday," said Ren. "Tell them I'll be there," he said. Luhan smiled, and nodded. "I'll see you then," he said, before leaving with Yixing and Jongin. They headed back to the capitol.

Chanyeol was at the training grounds with Kyungsoo, once again training the trainees to counter his magic. Kyungsoo was instructing Aron and Baekhyun on a strategy, as Chanyeol launched lightning bolts at them. JR and Minhyun were off to the side, practicing with sword fighting. "Good, you're getting better at dodging," said Chanyeol as he stopped. Aron slumped to the ground, out of breath. "It's even harder to dodge when Chen likes to target you," he grumbled. Chanyeol chuckled. "Take a break, I don't like working you into the ground, but that's how we were trained, look where it got us," he said. Aron nodded, wiping his forehead.

Luhan entered the training grounds, Yixing going over to check Aron over for any big injuries. "How was training?" Asked Chanyeol as he turned to Luhan. "I started him on the basics of ice, with the ice spear," Luhan said, gauging his reaction. "Mm," said Chanyeol. "I thought he'd be ready by now, I was going to start on it when I head over tomorrow," he said. "If I'm not working at the power plant anyway," he said.

"Ren said he'd be coming over next week, it's Aron's birthday," Luhan said, smiling a bit. Chanyeol's face lit up. "I think Aron would like that, plus Ren gets to meet the others," he said. "Alright, Aron let's head home for the day," he said, turning to Aron. Aron nodded, standing. "I'll see you guys tomorrow," said Chanyeol as he left the palace training grounds with Aron.