Chapter 13

The Lost Story of The Last Guard [An EXO Fanfic]

Ren had his basic necessities packed by the end of the week, and was ready to go. Chanyeol had enjoyed his time in his hometown, but he knew if he didn't get back soon they'd send someone for him in case he decided to go rogue. Baekhyun was ready to head back, missing Aron.

"Let's go Ren," said Chanyeol as Jongdae and Krystal gave their son a hug. "I'll write to you okay?" Asked Ren as he walked over to Chanyeol. "You better kiddo, just be safe," said Jongdae. Ren nodded and he left with Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo was waiting for them at the gates to the capitol with Aron, JR, Minhyun, and Baekho. Baekhyun ran and tackled Aron to the ground, his face. "Oof! Hey there!" Aron said, laughing. Kyungsoo managed a smile, sighing a bit. "How are they?" Asked Chanyeol. "Surviving," said Kyungsoo. "I've managed to keep them together, but I don't know about Yixing," he said. Chanyeol nodded.

"Let's get you registered," said Chanyeol, turning to Ren. Ren nodded and went to register for classes and get registered into training.

Kyungsoo sighed, and turned to Aron and company. "Be careful with Ren, he's still shell shocked," he said to them. Aron nodded. "It seemed like he was," he said. "We'll be careful with him," said Minhyun. "I hope so," said Aron. "I don't want my best friend to end up like Taemin," he said.

"We'll work hard to not have him end up like Taemin," said Kyungsoo. Aron nodded. "Hopefully nothing else big happens while Ren is here," he said. "This kingdom is full of surprises, I wouldn't be surprised if something did happen," said Kyungsoo. "Just gotta look out for things like that then I guess," said Aron.

"Come on," said Kyungsoo. "We need to go train today," he said, leading everyone back to the training grounds.

Ren and Chanyeol met everyone at the training grounds a little later, when Kyungsoo was practicing with Minhyun and Aron was with JR at the Archery range. Baekho was off to the side practicing with his knives. Luhan and Yixing weren't there, they took a break from it all, needing time for themselves.

Chanyeol shook his head. "Come on, let's go get dinner," he said to everyone. Baekho was the first to head over, after telling Aron and JR. Kyungsoo and Minhyun headed over after their spar finished.

They decided to eat outside today at one of the outdoor restaurants, since Baekhyun didn't want to leave Ren's side. "Ren, you wanna go hunting with JR and I tomorrow?" Asked Aron as he was eating dinner. "Sure," came Ren's quiet reply. Aron offered a soft smile. "You don't need to come if you don't want to," he said. "It's okay," said Ren, as he looked up from eating. "I need to practice anyway," he said, managing half a smile. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol exchange glances, before nodding.

"Can I come too?" Asked Baekho. "Sure, we need to test your tracking," said Aron. "I guess I can tag along too," said Minhyun. "Team exercises are good," said Kyungsoo. "JR can lead, and you go from there," he said. Chanyeol nodded. "When we weren't training we worked together," he said. "It was kind of hard because Luhan and I would fight a lot, but we managed," he said, chuckling some.

"Alright, I don't know when our next mission is, but if we do get one soon, we'll continue training you after we get back," said Chanyeol as he stood. He went to pay for dinner before coming back. Aron and Ren stood, ready to head back. Baekhyun went to stand by Aron, his tail wagging some. "I'll see you guys tomorrow," said Chanyeol before he left with Ren, Aron, and Baekhyun.

JR and Kyungsoo left next, wanting to rest for tomorrow. Baekho and Minhyun exchanged glances before getting up and heading back to the dorms.