Epilogue

The Lost Story of The Last Guard [An EXO Fanfic]

Aron, Baekhyun, and Baekho were out doing their weekly hunts when they got the news. Minhyun had disappeared, but they needed to look for their friend before going to look for the queen.

Aron was with Baekhyun as they tracked down Minhyun. Baekho had gone to hunt for the three of them, bringing a deer over to their little cave that they were staying in. Aron went to start a fire, skinning and getting deer steaks. He quickly cooked a couple steaks, giving Baekhyun the left overs. Baekho came over in human form and washed himself before getting dressed. "We're so close to finding Minhyun," he said as Aron flipped the steaks over. "I know, this is a dangerous part of the kingdom, we have to be careful," said Aron.

"Do you think we'll be able to get to the queen before JR decides to send Ren?" Asked Baekho. Aron shrugged. "I hope so, Ren needs to be sent as a last resort, that's how Minhyun saw it," he said. "But our team exorcises should help out in the end," he said. "Out of all of us, we work the best together," he said. "Well, besides Ren and I's teamwork," he said. Baekho nodded.

They were eating when they were suddenly attacked at their camp. A pack of wolves surrounded them, snarling. Baekhyun growled, baring his teeth as Aron and Baekho backed up, looking for a way to escape. "I'm going to distract them," said Aron, grabbing his bow and setting the tip of the arrow on fire. He launched the arrow at the wolves, creating a diversion. Baekho didn't have time to grab his pack as he ran out of the cave. "Go Baekhyun!" Said Aron. Baekhyun ran after Baekho, and they could hear Aron's screams in pain as the wolves attacked, tearing into him. Baekho scowled as he ran back, changing and jumping on one of the wolves attacking Aron.

Baekhyun howled, trying to distract the wolves from his master. "Get out of here!" Yelled Aron. "You are stupid for coming back!" He yelled. Baekho snarled, slashing at the wolves and trying to save his friend. Baekhyun launched himself at another wolf, trying to get to his master. "Just go! I'll be fine!" Aron yelled out. Baekho snarled in protest, but was slashed at pretty deeply in the stomach causing him to return to human form as he clutched at his stomach. "We'll come back for you Aron!" Said Baekho. "Baekhyun! Come boy!" He said, as said wolf ran over. He was lucky he healed fast but he held onto Baekhyun's collar for support as they both ran, heading out of the forest, Aron's screams in pain following them until it suddenly went quiet.

Baekho sobbed as he fell to the floor, unable to go forward. He passed out, Baekhyun gently grabbing him by the arm and dragging him to a spot semi protected from the elements. Baekhyun then snuck back to the cave to grab what was left of Baekho's pack, looking for clothes. Blood covered the floor of the cave as Baekhyun whimpered some but worked quickly to get the clothes. He then quickly ran back to Baekho.

Baekho was awake again, but barely. "Thanks Baekhyun," he grunted as he slowly put the clothes on trying to be quick. He stood with some difficulty, and stumbled down the path with Baekhyun. He made it to an abandoned house and managed to block the door before collapsing again, passing out. Baekhyun dragged him into a room away from the door, whimpering and staying by his side.

~

Minhyun didn't even bother trying to fight anymore as he was beat nearly unconscious by Yongguk. He knew better than to cross a wolf pack's territory but this was ridiculous. He hoped someone would save him, or put him out of his misery soon. He heard various people laughing above him as Yongguk spit on him. He wished he could reach his sword right now, though he doubted he was strong enough to fight them.

"Let's see if your friends can save you now capitol brat," spat Yongguk as they tied him up. They would keep him alive for now, Taemin would pay them for Aron and Minhyun's bodies. Though he doubted his pack even left the other boy alive from the way he looked when they brought over Aron's body.

~

Ren stood at the gates of the capitol, looking ahead of him. He was the last to be sent out, seeing that Minhyun had disappeared and Aron was still out looking for her. JR had opted to stay behind and keep an eye on things at the capitol. Baekho was, from what Ren knew already, lost in one of the most dangerous forests in the kingdom. He could feel the magic he had in his control tingling at his fingertips as he checked his bag to make sure he truly got everything before finally starting his adventure.

He was promptly stopped by a familiar voice. "Wait!" called out JR. He ran up to Ren, panting slightly with a small package in his hand. "Some food for you, are you sure you can handle doing this on your own?" He asked. "Don't worry," said Ren. "My magic can protect me," he said, taking the package. "Don't be afraid to ask for help Ren," said JR, as he put his hands in his pockets. "Don't worry about it," said Ren. "I'll find Minhyun and Aron along the way, doubt Baekho will survive, but I'm going to look for him too," he said. JR nodded. "Be safe, may the queen watch over you," he said. Ren nodded and turned towards the gates again. He took a deep breath and walked out of the capitol, the gates closing behind him...