Chapter 14

The Lost Story of The Last Guard [An EXO Fanfic]

Over the next couple months saw the trainees working together as a team, to cover each other's weaknesses. Ren was getting better with a bow, and with Aron's careful guidance, Ren and JR were quickly becoming good archers. Minhyun and Baekho were training together since they both were close range combat people. JR also worked with them in case he was needed. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were the ones overseeing things, and even Luhan finally came around to help out. They knew it would be a while before Yixing decided to come around, but they continued to work with the young trainees anyway.

Yixing rushed to the training grounds, out of breath as he found Chanyeol and the others. "The queen has a mission for us," he said, before running back to the palace. Chanyeol was at first caught off guard by Yixing suddenly appearing but he went to get Kyungsoo and Luhan. "We have a mission," explained Chanyeol when they gave him a questioning look. "JR!" called Chanyeol. JR ran over, wondering what was up. "We have a mission, I trust you can keep Ren and the others in check?" Asked Chanyeol. "Yes I can," said JR before he went back to the others.

"Let's see what the mission is," said Chanyeol as he walked with Luhan and Kyungsoo towards the palace.

"As you know, the neighboring kingdom of EXO has been in a civil war for the passed decade," said the queen as Chanyeol, Luhan, and Kyungsoo entered the throne room to stand beside Yixing. "We have offered safe passage for refugees, and now the new king wants them back," she said. Luhan and Yixing paused, a look of shock on their faces. "You can't possibly send us back there, we're in your personal guard!" Said Luhan. "You aren't the only refugees remember," grumbled Chanyeol as he shook his head.

"This is a mission of negotiation," said the queen. "I don't want any of you to die, especially so soon after Jongin's death," she said. "It may get to that point," she said. "Be careful on who you choose," she said. "You are dismissed," she said.

Chanyeol and the others walked out of the throne room. The burden of this mission could either cause a war with their southern neighbors, or they could walk out of this without losing someone. "I'm going to go pack," said Chanyeol as he headed towards his apartment. Kyungsoo headed towards his apartment to pack, while Luhan and Yixing went to the dorms.

They weren't due to leave until tomorrow, but Chanyeol was anxious. When Aron came home with Ren and Baekhyun Chanyeol told them about the mission. "You can stay in my apartment if you want, but it's strictly under my name," said Chanyeol. "If I die... You two have the burden of trying to pay for the place, if you don't go to the dorms," he said. "I know we can't hunt every day, once a week was stretching it some," mumbled Aron. "Talk to the landlord, he'll find a way for you to not pay for the rent," said Chanyeol. "I know him very well," he said. "When I moved to the capitol, what I did was do odd jobs around the building during the summer, and I was set on rent for the rest of the year until next summer," he said. Aron and Ren nodded.

"Get some rest," said Chanyeol. "Don't you guys have a hunt tomorrow?" He asked before going into his room. Aron and Ren decided to eat a light dinner before calling it a night.