Chapter 6

The Lost Story of The Last Guard [An EXO Fanfic]

Chanyeol and the others made it to the throne room, quickly going to stand at their places to the right of the queen. Onew was seen kneeling down in front of the queen, shaking slightly.

"Did you fail your mission?" Asked the queen. "Yes your highness, but I managed to make it out of there alive," said Onew. "I tried my hardest to stay back, Minho was the first one down," he said. "Key sacrificed himself, and Jonghyun told me to run while he distracted Taemin," he said.

"Do you know what happens when you fail a mission?" Asked the queen as she stood. Onew looked down in shame. "I'm sorry your highness," he said, accepting his fate. "Kyungsoo, execute him," said the queen.

Kyungsoo stepped forward, standing in front of Onew. Chanyeol and the others looked on sadly, but did nothing to stop Kyungsoo. Another guard stepped forward and handed Kyungsoo a sword and Kyungsoo took it, weighing it in his hands. "I'm sorry," said Kyungsoo as he raised his sword. Onew closed his eyes as Kyungsoo swung his sword, cutting Onew's head off.

Chanyeol turned his head, biting back a sigh. Kyungsoo moved back to stand beside Chanyeol, the expression on his face blank. The queen ordered a clean up and someone took the sword from Kyungsoo. "I'm sorry it had to come to that," said the queen as she turned to Chanyeol and company. "It's a safety precaution, in case Taemin turned him into a traitor," she said, before going to sit down. "Dismissed," she said.

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were the first to leave, going back to Chanyeol's apartment to pick up JR if Baekhyun did take the Aron and company back to Chanyeol's apartment. Luhan, Yixing, and Jongin left after they did, quickly going home.

Chanyeol arrived at his apartment with Kyungsoo in tow, seeing Aron and Baekhyun asleep on the couch. Baekho, JR, and Minhyun were spread out around the living room, fast asleep. "Wanna just stay here for the night?" Chanyeol asked Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo shrugged. "Sure," he said. "The kids don't have school tomorrow anyway," he said. "It'll get them to bond some outside of school," he said.

Chanyeol nodded and let Kyungsoo take a shower first, handing him a change of clothes. He set up a cot in his room and covered Aron with a blanket. Chanyeol went to take a shower after Kyungsoo came out of the bathroom and went to bed afterwards.