Chapter 20

The Lost Story of The Last Guard [An EXO Fanfic]

Yixing fell deeper into his depression as time passed, though he kept his promise to teach Ren the art of the medical field, he never went further than the basics, which frustrated the younger trainee.

Ren finally snapped at him one day. "I'm sorry okay?!" He said, looking at Yixing. Ren and the other trainees were now in their mid to late teens, Aron being 18 now and graduated from high school. "I know you still have some sort of damn grudge against me but I've had enough," he said, shoving Yixing back.

The years that passed had , even with the peace that had settled over the kingdom. Yixing shoved Ren back, making the younger fall to the floor. "You don't know grief!" He said. "You don't know what it's like to lose a loved one!" He yelled. Ren looked up with Yixing, surprised. "You don't think I know grief?" He asked quietly. "I live everyday regretting what I did to Jongin," he said. "I live everyday not forgetting my own uncle, swearing to him that I'd make it to the guard," he said, standing. "And you say I don't know grief?" He asked.

The others had gathered around, but JR kept them from trying anything. Luhan and Kyungsoo were ready to stop this if it got too out of hand, but right now it was Ren's fight.

"You're stupid for thinking that I don't know what grief is," Ren said after a few minutes. "I may not have been in your situation, escaping a war torn kingdom, but I very well know grief, I know very well what it's like to lose a loved one," he said. "You fail to realize how close Chanyeol and I really were," he said, before turning and walking away.

Yixing ran and punched Ren in the face, causing Ren to fall to the floor, wiping at his mouth. Ren turned to Yixing with a glare. "I wanted to avoid a confrontation," he said. "Prove to me, prove to me how strong you are," said Yixing. "A spar, right now," he said. "Hand to hand combat," he said.

Ren stood, looking serious. "You really want this right now?" He asked. "A long range fighter has to know some close range techniques," said Yixing as he deadpanned. Ren sighed. "Fine," he said. "If I win?" He asked. "I'll teach you more, but the magic part I can't do much to you for," said Yixing. "You would have to learn to draw it out yourself," he said. Ren nodded. "If I lose?" He asked. "You stop asking me to teach you, because I taught you the basics, like everyone else," said Yixing. "Fair trade I guess," said Ren.

JR ended up becoming the judge of this match, and shouted "go!" When Ren and Yixing were ready. Yixing went first, landing punches and kicks here and there to try and catch Ren off guard. Ren was quick to go on the defensive, trying to block every move Yixing made, even though some of it slipped through. "You're weak," Yixing said as he finally managed to push through Ren's defenses. That caused Ren to push through on the offense, slowly pushing Yixing back.

"Weak?" Asked Ren. "I'm stronger than you think," he said, managing a punch to Yixing's face before shoving him back. "I'm not useless in close range," he said, panting. "It looks like I win," he said. Yixing nodded. "As I promised, I will train you more," he said. "Take a rest for now, be prepared for more training tomorrow," he said. Ren nodded.

Kyungsoo turned to Ren, Aron, and JR and smiled some. "Good job guys," he said, nodding to Baekho and Minhyun, who scratch the back of their heads sheepishly. "You got rent covered this summer?" He asked Ren and Aron. They both nod. "Good," said Kyungsoo. Luhan helped Yixing stand before they head back to the dorms.

Kyungsoo and JR head home, with Minhyun heading home with Ren and Aron. Baekho headed to his own apartment with Baekhyun, since Aron thought it was a good idea to let them both bond.