Chapter 21

The Lost Story of The Last Guard [An EXO Fanfic]

As promised, Yixing trained Ren in the medical field, and though it helped his depression a little, he couldn't help the way his state of mind had fallen into insanity. He kept it mostly hidden, even if it was causing his depression to hit dangerous points.

Yixing was done training Ren for the day, with the younger slumping to the floor. "You're getting better," he said. Ren managed a smile. "Thanks, Yixing," he said. "You have a bit more to learn, the magic part of healing is a lot different," said Yixing. "I don't know if I can draw out the healing magic," mumbled Ren. "I couldn't even draw out lightning," he said. "Doesn't hurt to try," said Yixing, before he walked away.

Ren looked on, before shaking his head and walking in the opposite direction, looking for the others.

Yixing turned back to look at Ren, a sad smile on his face as he watched the younger walk away. He sighed, before turning and walking back to the dorms. Luckily he had his own dorm room so he wouldn't be disturbed.

Guys,

I'm sorry it came to this. Please don't let Ren blame himself for what I'm going to do. This was my decision. I just want to be with Jongin again... The pain is too much... I want it all to end. This is my choice. I'm sorry I couldn't keep the promise to be there for the next guard. If things were different, then maybe. Maybe I would've been there to watch the ceremony, but it is my time to go...

-Yixing

Yixing folded the note and clutched it in his hand. "I'm sorry," he whispered, as he stood on the chair, the noose going around his neck. He made sure it was tight, before kicking the chair out from under him.

~

Ren was worried, worried for Yixing. Luhan had assured him that everything was fine, but it didn't lessen his worries for Yixing. Aron knew how much Jongin's death had affected his best friend. "Come on Ren, we'll go see how Yixing is doing okay?" He asked. Ren nodded, as his orb summoned itself. Ren blinked in confusion. Go to the dorms. NOW! said Kris's voice in his head. Ren looked panicked, before rushing out of the training grounds and towards the dorms. Aron ran after him, shouting for the others to follow them.

Luhan and Kyungsoo were close behind Ren, since Luhan's orb had also summoned by itself, Xiumin telling Luhan to hurry to the dorms. "Where's his room?" Asked Ren as he looked back at Luhan. "Up ahead, at the end of the hall," said Luhan. Ren pushed to run towards the room, skidding passed the door, but managing to grab the doorknob before he could run into the wall.

"Can I-I open it?" Asked Ren as he looked at Luhan. Luhan shook his head. "Stand back," he said. Ren nodded, moving back to let Luhan open the door first as Aron and the others came running down the hall towards them. Baekhyun tackled Ren, whining and his face, trying to reassure Ren.

It was then that they heard Luhan crying. Ren, fearing the worse, went into the room, only to fall to his knees. "Not again!" Ren said as he sobbed, Aron running to his side and pulling Ren out of the room. Kyungsoo was in a stunned silence, before he moved to let their now dead friend down from the noose.

JR, Minhyun, and Baekho were the only ones to not show any emotion, they just stayed quiet as Kyungsoo read the letter that had been in Yixing's hand. Ren's sobbing got louder, as Aron tried to comfort him. "Shhh... He never blamed you... It's alright, don't blame yourself..." He whispered, as Luhan punched a wall in anger. "Damn it Yixing!" Yelled Luhan. "You promised! You were the only person I had left and you did this to me!" He yelled, punching the wall again.

The other residents of the dorm were gathered in the hallway, wondering what was going on. When they saw what had happened to Yixing they called someone to come take the body away to prepare for the funeral. "Minhyun, come on," said Aron as he picked up the still crying Ren. Minhyun nodded and Baekho offered to help carry Yixing's body out as people came in to take him away.

"He looks so peaceful," mumbled Luhan as Kyungsoo hugged him. "I can't believe that he fooled us all this time," he mumbled. Kyungsoo sighed. "It's alright, we'll be alright," he said. "Just a few more years," he mumbled. "I know... I know..." Mumbled Luhan. "But, I don't want any more people to die," he said. "We'll make sure no more people die, trust me," said Kyungsoo as they walked out of the dorms.

Aron, Ren, Minhyun, JR, and Baekho had gone back to Chanyeol's old apartment with Baekhyun in tow. Kyungsoo sighed. "Come on, let's go back to my place," he said, taking Luhan back to his apartment.