Chapter 1

The Lost Story of The Last Guard [An EXO Fanfic]

Onew, Minho, Jonghyun and Key stood to the left of the queen, ready to pass on the title of the queen's guard to the next group. They knew they would be sent to go and try and kill Taemin, since he did betray the kingdom, but they had to be here to appoint the new guard.

Onew stepped up to Chanyeol and dropped the pocketwatch in his hand, offering a smile before stepping back. Everyone else did the same thing before the queen dismissed them. Chanyeol and the others bowed, before standing upright. "Welcome to the guard, Chanyeol, Luhan, Kyungsoo, Yixing, and Jongin," said the queen. "Thank you, your highness," said Chanyeol, Luhan, Kyungsoo, Yixing, and Jongin.

Onew left with his teammates, knowing they had to pack and get ready to try and kill Taemin. It would still take them a while, but they were determined to make it successful. "Good luck," Chanyeol said to them as they left.

Not much was happening in the Capitol that warranted need for the guard right now but hopefully things would turn out okay in the end. Chanyeol returned to his apartment near the market and prepared to write a letter to his nephew Ren, who along with Aron, would be coming to the Capitol in the next year or so to continue school and start training to become guards themselves.

Chanyeol wrote home talking about how he had finally made it into the queen's guard, and said he'd go and get Ren within the next year or so. Aron would be travelling to the capitol the next time Ren's parents went so he could continue school at the capitol.

Once he was done with the letter he went to the post office to check on the mail and drop off the letter. He looked up when his orb appeared beside him, and he knew something was up. Luhan appeared at the post office, looking for Chanyeol. "What's up? Asked Chanyeol. "We've been summoned," said Luhan. "Well, you have," he said. "The queen wants you to help with the electricity problem," he said. Chanyeol tilted his head to the side. "Alright then," he said. "I can see what I can do, but I'm not an electrician," he said. Luhan nodded.

"I hope they can kill Taemin," mumbled Chanyeol as he walked with Luhan back to the palace. "It took 3 of us to weaken him, maybe they have a chance," said Luhan. "Mm," said Chanyeol. Kyungsoo met them at the entrance to the palace, smiling some in greeting. "Jongin would help but he's needed elsewhere, so I'm helping with the electricity problem," he said. Chanyeol nodded and Kyungsoo led him to the main power plant.