Festival Canceled: You Taught Me Another Lesson?

Akatsuki Love: This Can't Be Happening

(Poor Deidara)

~Nicaara's POV~

"What? What do you mean the festival will be canceled?" Micaara asked. I shrugged. "A huge storm is coming our way soon. It would be idiotic if we didn't cancel." He sat down on the couch holding his head. "This has never happened before." My gaze shifted over the fireplace. The portrait of our mother and father hung in all its glory. "If only mom and dad were here?" I whispered to myself. Micaara scoffed and crossed his legs. "Don’t be a fool," My eyes darted back to him in a glare. "It was their fault being trapped in the lake. What morons." For years after the death of our parents, Micaara has never been the same. He's so cold, withdrawn, and alone. I think he was affected more than I was.

//Flashback//

I was sitting in my room with Micaara, playing with our toys like any child would. We were about 7 years old then. "Young masters." Our butler, Sebastian, stepped in holding a folder to his chest. His gaze peered to the floor. Micaara and I swapped glances. "What's wrong Sebastian?" Micaara asked. "I'm afraid we have some terrible news." He sat on the rocking chair by us. "I'm afraid...your parent's have passed away." He said it as simple as that. It felt like my whole world was frozen. "H-how could that have happened!?" I hollered at him. Tears starting to brim over my eyes. Sebastian stared at me for a moment, but didn't say a word. Emotions swirled though my mind. Anger, confusion, sadness, but for Micaara... he felt nothing. Slowly, he sat up and walked over to the window. Placing one hand on the cool glass. Staring into the dark, cold night.

//Now//

My eyes peered down sadly. "I suppose we have no choice." He stated standing up and moving over to the stairs. "Alert the town that the festival will be tonight." With that he walked up the steps slowly. The clicking of his shoes on the marble floor echoed until it was silent again. 'Micaara,' I looked up to my parents once more. 'What happened to you?'

~Your POV~

I was sitting in my room skimming over a book I found. There was a small knock at my door. Placing the book down, I swung open the door. Coming face to face with Micaara. "Hey." He smiled at me stepping inside. He took a seat on my bed as I closed the door behind him. "Hey." I mumbled folding my arms behind my back. "It seems there has been some complication with the festival this year." He stated with a heavy sigh. My brow arched in confusion. "Instead if it being at the end of the month, it's going to be tonight." His voice was calm and steady. My throat was clawing for a single breath. Trying to keep my eyes to the prince, but a blond male in the window keep distracting me. Micaara furrowed his bro. "What?" He turned around just as Deidara ducked under. "Just a bird. So the festival is tonight?" He took a long stare out the window then turned back to me. "Yes, at 9:00 sharp. You can pick a kimono out of the bathroom. Just fetch me if you need anything." He stated walking over to the door. Just as he was about to close it, he turned back to me. "Can't wait." He smirked. "Yeah, can't wait." With that I shut and locked the door behind him. My head resting on the white painted wood. The squeak of the window opening made my ears twitch. Along with a gust of air sending goose bumps over the skin of my arms and legs. "So...the festival is tonight, hm." He stated. I slowly nodded my head. The knot in my stomach twisted and tightened more and more. His presence moving closer and closer. "I'll make the assassination tonight. Does Aka know, hm?" I moved past him and laid on my bed. Back towards him. "How would I know? No one has seen her since yesterday." My eyes moisined. "I haven’t seen Sasori Dana either, hm." It was silent between us. I was so desperately hoping that he would just leave already. Just leave me alone again, but he didn't. Instead, he crawled into the bed on the other side of me. His eyes burning holes into the back of my neck. "Buru..." He started. I gripped the sheets. "You taught me a lesson, to trust you. And I still do." I let a single tear roll down my cheek. "Now, you need to trust me." He fell silent for a moment. I felt his body crawling closer to mine. His breath could be felt on my neck. "I do...I trust you." My body rolled to my other side into his chest. His heat was so warm even with the widow open, letting the icy breeze flow inside. He lifted my chin with his thumb and pointer finger. His eyes were lost and fuzzy. "I just don't want anyone to take you away from me, hm." I rested my head on his chest. His arms coiled around my body, pulling me in closer. "I'm sorry." He whispered. Small tears leaked over my eyes. Dripping onto the fabric of his jacket. This was all I wanted. So be held in his arms again. For him to never let go. Not again.

~Deidara's POV~

She was silent after that. Her breath turned from quick and raspy to slow and steady. I leaned back to look at her peaceful form. Her nose was a cherry red with swelled, pink circles around her eyes. "You. You did this. This is your fault." My inner self blamed me. He was right, or I was right? 'This is all my fault. Me and my hot temper and my stubborn ego.' A heavy sigh breathed through my lips. Her face was as pure as a raindrop as she slept. My thumb brushed over her cheek. Smooth like polished marble. "I'm sorry." I whispered. With all my courage I leaned in and inched my way closer and closer. Till our lips were hovering over each other. I paused to check if she was still sleeping. Her breath still nice and even. The closer I got, the more anxious I became. Finally, I pressed her pink, plump lips to mine in a kiss of passion. Eyes fluttering to a close. Sparks erupted throughout every nerve in my body as I pushed in more. I didn't care if she was asleep or not. Just to be with her. Holding her. Kissing her ....Loving her. My body stayed perfectly still so she didn't wake up as I enjoyed the sweet sensation of . Soon, my lungs forced me to pull away. My eyes drooping open half way. Her face still pure as the new drawn snow. She churned in her sleep, making me freeze, but all she did was cuddle up to me some more. Goose bumps dotted her skin as I realized I let the window open. I didn't want to leave. Not just yet, but I had to. What if that so-called-prince walks in. Slowly, I replaced my presence with a pillow as I slipped out of the bed. She rolled to her opposite side with the pillow cuddled in her arms. On foot was out of the window as a memory flashed through my mind.

//Flashback//

I cut her off by spinning her around and puling he into my chest. My arms wrapped around her shoulders. her hands gripped clumps of my cloak. Few tears dripping onto my skin and clothes. "I wouldn't do anything that would make you cry, hm." I whispered squeezing tighter. It felt like I was crushing he, but I didn't care anymore. "Y-you're d-doing it n-now" She squeaked out. "I'm only doing this to teach you a lesson, hm." I purred in her ear. 'I can't hurt her. The pain she fells is no comparison to what I feel.' I pressed her against the wall; burrowing my face into the crook of her neck. So warm. 'She's mine. No one else can have her. Ever.'

//Now//

A lump sat cold in my throat. 'I taught you too many lessons already, Buru-chan.' I thought closing the window behind me as I leaped into the sun-setting light. A weird taste lingered over my lips. My toung wiped over them as I tasted the flavor. It tasted like...mixed berries?

(Me: Ta da! ch. 23!

Naruto: When am I going to be in the story? *pouts*

Me: Not for a veeeeeery long time my friend.*Pats shoulder*

Naruto: *Sighs*Fiiiine)