33

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Graduates in-the-making...[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

A few days after the last day of finals, the Seniors had gotten their grades finalized and printed onto their report cards. Their clearances were almost all signed. And for the past few days, they had been busy with practicing for the graduation ceremony.

 

They were required to stay in school for the whole day, although they had no more classes to attend to, which gives them a whole day of free time.

 

When graduation rehearsals weren't starting, friends gathered around each other in their own group circles.

 

"It's been days but I still can't over the fact that Yoongi hyung's accepted into Military academy!" Jimin re-opens the discussion.

 

"I'm buff and swag. They can't not accept me in the military." Yoongi shrugs.

 

"It's cool having two Navy friends!" Hoseok exclaims, pointing at Yoongi and Jungkook.

 

"I don't know hyung," Jungkook lies down on the bench he had completely taken for his own while his other friends squeezed themselves on other benches. "I don't think I want to join the Marine anymore. Maybe I'll just go join the Armed Forces or be a City Police Man."

 

"You won't be taking your majors until the second year. You'll have plenty of time to make up your desired major while you take up your basic education courses." Namjoon says as a matter of fact. "It's great that we've all passed the entrance exams."

 

"Seriously, I wouldn't have done it without Eunjoo." Taehyung beams, proudly re-announcing how Eunjoo had helped them with useful tips and that they passed all thanks to her. Jungkook particularly didn't like the arm slung over Eunjoo's shoulder or the eyes that stared menacingly at him.

 

"Come on! Let's give my Seokjin the spot light! He made it to pre-med school! I heard only three-hundred out of a thousand international and local applicants made it to the school. And Jin is the 91st out of the 300 passers! This makes me want to enroll to the Army instead so that our love story's gonna be like a gender-bent version of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo love team!"

 

"Omg! I like that drama too!" Eunjoo giggles and acknowledges what Sejin meant. "But, I so want to watch more about Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won! Short hair suits her better, right?"

 

As the girls had gone gaga over the k-drama they watched, Jungkook had flared up when a certain boy went to whisper at his ears. "Which is better: living in the same neighborhood or studying in the same university campus?"

 

+++

 

Jungkook wished he wasn't a great singer.

 

With their graduation day fast approaching, the only thing they have to rehearse is the originally made graduation song. Most of the graduating composer-forte kingkas and queenkas joined forces to make one whole song, but a few ordinary Seniors volunteered to help.

 

Being the salutatorian of the batch, Jungkook was chosen to lead the graduation song singing instead of having him perform a speech. In his honest opinion, he'd prefer the speech, but then again he didn't particularly like speaking in front of a big auditorium full of people.

 

With the song only left to practice, Jungkook had been assigned to teach his batchm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter