22

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Vague concern for the fallen…[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

taelien52 to gingerkookies:
- DUE!! OMG YIJ JABE GOT TO COME BERE RIBNT NKE! IT:D ANT RUNJIP!!!

 

 

gingerkookies to taelien52:
-wtf dude, i don't speak alien

 

 

Jungkook pocketed his phone then bowed one last time to the teacher of his last subject.

 

 

He trudged calmly along the hallway, stopping by the vending machine to get a cold bottle of mineral water, on the way to the gym. And then, his phone pinged again.

 

 

chimchimin to gingerkookies:
-tae's stupid, and exaggerating. srsly, he shouldn't be panicking too much. anyway, eunjoo injured herself during gym today. i ought you have to know that.

 

 

Jungkook sprinted, confusion running down his mind as he made a detour from the gym to the clinic.

 

 

Why was he running? Why was he even asking that? Shouldn't caring for his girlfriend be this normal? He should be worried, right? How come the attentive Eunjoo even managed to injure herself at gym?

 

 

He knew she isn't a sporty person. She's far from that. Jungkook pegged her as a food buddy - a food maniac - but it wasn't typical for her to hurt herself with physical activities.

 

 

Were people hurting her?

 

 

Jungkook turned to a corner and saw the sign of the clinic. He stopped just in time for him to face the door. He had composed his breathing (again, why was he running anyways?) before he reached out for the door handle.

 

 

"OH MY GOSH! IT'S BLEEDING! MAKE IT STOP! JIMIN! I CAN'T!"

 

 

"Shut up Taehyung! Just, calm down."

 

 

"HOW CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN EUNJOO IS BLEEDING AND NO NURSE IS AROUND?"

 

 

"Oh, Jungkook!" Jimin greeted, bringing Jungkook's slow approach into light.

 

 

Jungkook approached them huddled around Eunjoo who was seated at the small bench by the waiting area. Taehyung and Jimin began to fumble around the cabinets of medicine. He then put the bottle of water on the table and fixed his bag on his shoulder, "What happened?"

 

 

His gaze remained on Eunjoo who was mindlessly staring at the floor tiles of the clinic. Occasionally, she flinches probably because her swollen ankle did hurt that much and her open small knees wound (yes, Taehyung is a dramatic idiot exaggerating things) stings.

 

 

Her shorts were hiked up probably to show that there were no other injuries on her legs. Her hands were turning red, but were thankfully not swollen or painful.

 

 

"They were playing volleyball-"

 

 

"AND SUDDENLY SHE LOST HER BALANCE! EUNJOO IS ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD IN THAT SPORT BUT SOMEHOW SHE FORGOT WHERE TO LAND. AND THEN SHE JUST SUDDENLY FELL PAINFULLY! I RUSHED TO HER IMMEDIATELY! I SWEAR IT WAS THE SCARIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN!"

 

 

Jimin had smacked Taehyung in the head, "You're over-reacting. I was pretty shaken up with what happened with Eunjoo, but I'm not freaking out like you are."

 

 

"I AM NOT FREAKING OUT!"

 

 

"You are."

 

 

"Am not!

 

 

"You so are."

 

 

"I TOLD YOU I'M NOT!"

 

 

"You-"

 

 

"Were you distracted?" Jungkook asked. Suddenly he didn't hear Jimin and Taehyung arguing. He didn't even notice how they stopped when he spoke. He simply stared at Eunjoo.

 

 

He heard the two other boys clear their throat until they quickly bid their farewells to Jungkook and Eunjoo. And soon, only the couple was left inside.

 

 

Jungkook sighed, wondering why the school nurse wasn't around. But, when he heard Eunjoo whimper, he knew he had to at least do something.

 

 

His brother had once been in the army and somehow injured himself when he was dismissed from training camp. Jungkook was then asked to attend to his brother's wounds and because of that he was fairly skilled with first-aid.

 

 

Jungkook put his bag down beside Eunjoo's bag by the floor. Without warning, he pulled Eunjoo up by her underarms and gently let her sit down on the counter below the cabinets Jimin and Taehyung fumbled around. "Stay still," he ordered.

 

 

Jungkook reached out to a certain cabinet, causing his body to slightly press against Eunjoo's which surprised the latter, and brought out an antiseptic spray and a pack of band aids. Then, he leaned away and walked to the refrigerator. He took a pack of ice and wrapped it around the nearest clean cloth he got: his large white handkerchief.

 

 

Jungkook went back in front of Eunjoo, who now seemed to back in her own world, and then placed the ice bag beside Eunjoo over the counter. He took the antiseptic and started treating that one wound by her knee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter