8

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] How it will work out… [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

She hated the attention.

 

But, Eunjoo found herself wondering why people weren't gossiping about her. Yeah, she earned a few stares and whispers here and there, but they were kept to a minimum.

 

"Why are you being so uneasy, Joo?"

 

Eunjoo turned to face the person who asked her.

 

Byun Baekhyun, wearing another face mask but this time it had a plain black design. But his face and his eyes showed how cured he was from a few days ago.

 

To say that she's overwhelmed with the turn of events was an understatement.

 

That morning, she was already expecting her best friend to start avoiding her for some unknown reason, but she wakes up with a good morning text from Baekhyun. As lively and as normal as before.

 

Eunjoo sighed, "It's nothing, Baek."

 

Baekhyun shrugged, but his lingering concerned gaze told Eunjoo that he knows that something's bothering her.

 

Of course there was, aside from the surprisingly - but thankfully - minimum gossips arising and Baekhyun's suddenly change in moods. It was simply just two words. Or two names:

 

Jeon Jungkook.

 

"Hey Baekhy- Oh!..." Chanyeol's booming voice faltered at the end as Eunjoo and Baekhyun heard the giant approach.

 

"Hi, Yeol!" Baekhyun greeted Chanyeol, who was shifting his gaze from Eunjoo and the Byun boy. The giant's steps were uncertain as soon as he reached the two.

 

"Uhh... Morning!" Chanyeol greeted.

 

Eunjoo greeted with a wide smile and a nod. Before she took a step further, she felt a hand rest on her shoulder. Turning around, she saw Baekhyun's hands extended. "We'll talk later."

 

She found it hard not to agree to it especially with Baekhyun questioning brow flicked up. She responded with a groan.

 

Baekhyun was bound to know sometime in school intervals. Eunjoo simply had to explain.

 

But, how would she even explain how an un-date-able girl (because she don't do dates) would suddenly begin dating with a guy she barely knew?

 

+++

 

Eunjoo thought people would start bothering her.

 

The girls, shipper and ship-haters alike, kept away. The boys sulked in the corner farthest Eunjoo.

 

The silent treatment was something she cherished in.

 

But having the stares of a dozen dozens was not.

 

Taehyung and Jimin kept smiling weirdly at her throughout all their classes. She swore she heard one of them - or both of them - whisper-sing "Eunjoo and Jungkook sitting on a tree. K-i-s-s-i-n-g."

 

During snack breaks, her EXO member friends seemed to look uneasy, but Baekhyun had this teasing eye-grin directed at her.

 

In the middle of the last class, Eunjoo heard her phone "ping!". She was glad for that they were having a noisy group activity that time. And practically everybody were on their phones, even the uncaring substitute teacher.

 

gingerkookies to injoory:
- stay behind. i have to pick you up.

 

Eunjoo stared at it for a while, wondering why he was texting her. Or, more importantly, why was he picking her up? But, she took notice of the 'have' in his message almost as if he was doing this for mere obligation.

 

Worst case scenario was being embarrassed to the gossiping student body because he wanted to break up already.

 

Before she even got to reply to Jungkook (what was she going to reply to him anyway? 'Okay'? 'Why?' ‘What?’), the last bell rung at the same time a certain pink haired boy appeared with his chin on her shoulders.

 

"Ooh~ a text from boyfie~"

 

That seemed to have gained some plenty attention to her the first time that day, but they all went to their own businesses soon, except the other boys.

 

"We completely entrust you to his care, Eunjoo-ssi! If he ever hurts you, he'll be getting a taste from all of us."

 

Eunjoo wasn't sure with how to react.

 

She was definitely perplexed with why some of the boys were crying. The other half were holding back sad tears.

 

As usual she was left alone, but she simply sat on her seat, waiting as she was told to.

 

injoory to bbaekon:
- hey baek, you can go home first. see you later

 

ping!

bbaekon to injoory:
- why? ⊙︿⊙

 

injoory to bbaekon:
- just coz. bye

 

For a moment there, Eunjoo could imagine Jungkook's nonchalant face as soon as she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter