11

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Keeping oreo milk teas… [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

"Did you two get into a fight, or something?"

 

"Or something." Eunjoo replied curtly, wanting to get out of this topic as soon as possible.

 

Baekhyun clucked his tongue as he laid Eunjoo's Oreo milk tea in front of her. He took a sip at his Wintermelom flavored tea before speaking, "What did you and Jungkook fight about?"

 

In all honesty, they did not fight. Not technically. In Eunjoo's defense, it was all Jungkook's fault for still keeping her as his girlfriend when her simple solution to the problem of meeting each other's families to break up was declined. That was why she started ignoring him the next day. He didn't bother trying to gain her attention either, like any sweet boyfriend would.

 

Baekhyun sighed at the lack of response, "If this is about me hanging around you a lot, I can always bail-"

 

"Just drop it Baek. This is not about you, okay?" Eunjoo sighed, slumping on the table of the dainty milk tea shop she and Baekhyun decided to go to after classes.

 

Baekhyun obeyed, staring at the mop of Eunjoo's hair splayed around the table. He reached out, took the end of a strand and played with it. "You seem pretty upset though. Just tell me when you feel like it. I'll always be your best friend. If you want me to punch him I'll do so. Cheer up, Joo-joo."

 

Eunjoo groaned, partly because he used that nickname again but then again she was used to him - and a few selected others - calling her that, but she didn't raise her head although her hand did creep to hold onto her milk tea cup.

 

She didn't even know she was upset until someone put a light to that option. Why?

 

+++

 

As soon as she plopped on her designated seat in the classroom the next day, Eunjoo expected to be spared of anyone's presence.

 

But her hopes were crushed when two specific boys came to her. She was hoping that they, especially, would stay away because she and their friend were on cold terms.

 

"Jungkook has always been a jerk. Show him who's boss, Joo." Taehyung laughed sinisterly, pulling on a dramatic evil face.

 

Eunjoo turned to face Jimin on instinct because he always had a comment on whatever Taehyung says, "Don't mind Tae, Joo. But, yeah, don't try to approach and apologize to Kook. He seriously needs to step down from his high stool."

 

She sighed, appreciating that his friend sided with her instead. But guilt crept up on her. It was neither's fault, but it was mostly hers. Acting brash was a very childish sin.

 

"But then again," Jimin started, his gaze towards the ceiling in thought. "He's on the bad end of your fight, quiet but seeming not like himself. It won't take long until Jungkookie comes around."

 

Eunjoo doubts she's the cause of Jungkook's peculiar behavior. She doubts him confronting her just to say sorry even more. If he does come around, maybe he'll realize that her plan was very reasonable and that they should break up as suggested.

 

+++

 

ping!

gingerkookies to injoory:
- stay. i'll come pick you up.

 

This was the first communication they had since their two-day coldness. Eunjoo doesn't deny how surprised she was. But she's not willing to accept what Jimin said about Jungkook trying to make-up with her.

 

"We fight, we break up; we kiss, we make-up~" Taehyung whispers in Eunjoo's ears causing the latter to shiver.

 

"No, Tae." Jimin pulls Taehyung away, "Stop flirting with our maknae's girl! It's in the bro code."

 

"But, Jungkook just texted Eunjoo saying he's picking her up!" Taehyung whined, but his smile widened. Eunjoo could almost see the mischief glinting in his eyes.

 

"So? No, Tae. They are not making out." Eunjoo blushed at that. "They've just started dating for a few weeks."

 

'Well said, Jimin.', Eunjoo thought in relief.

 

"I'm giving them a few more weeks before they finally kiss." Eunjoo choked on what Jimin said. And she thought he was on her side on keeping her lips untouched.

 

"What? No way! I give them tonight." Taehyung fanboys, his eyes sparkling brighter than before. "Just think, Ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter