6

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Flower boys arcade day…[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

ping!

twelve4evsjin to injoory:
- hey eunjoo-ssi! it's me seokjin! the boys and I, and my gf, had been talking about inviting u over w/ us one weekend. And, well, it's weekend, and we're wondering if u'd want to hang out w/ us at an arcade? it'd be nice if u could come, if ur not busy...

 

ping!

sugaryoongi to injoory:
- swag~ it's me yoongi. i didn't introduce myself before, but i'm the one w/ the most handsome face among them lol. yeah, we wanted u to join the arcade with us this afternoon. swag out!

 

ping!

rapmanjoon to injoory:
-namjoon here! you got jams, so i'm more than okay with the kids asking to invite u over to the arcade. u up for it, jams?

 

ping!

hopeseok to injoory:
-i was the one with blonde hair, by the way, and i'm jung hoseok. i sure hope tae and chim talked about me to u or else they're dead met jk xD i won't take no for an answer to us inviting u over to the arcade! jk, again. hope u'll be able to come! ur only hope, jung hoseok <3

 

ping!

chimchimin to injoory:
-hey eunjoo! it's me, the most amazing person u've ever met! i hope u don't mind me giving the others ur number. we really wanted u to join us this afternoon in the arcade! see u later ;)

 

ping!

taelien52 to injoory:
-i like ur username. have u watched the conjuring??? ur username sounds a lot like that movie's title. it's so cool! jin hyung likes pink and i like pink too. please come to the arcade later (╥╯θ╰╥) i like strawberries ⊙▃⊙

 

Eunjoo scrunched her brows at that, though Taehyung's randomness shouldn't really surprise her that much what with him being her seatmate for a week she should be used to him already.

 

ping!

gingerkookies to injoory:
-the hyungs like u a lot more than i expected. i guess u've received six messages before this about the arcade. yeah, pretend i invited u bc the hyungs are just forcing me. bye

 

Though Eunjoo would have usually been offended by how someone was juts forced to talk to her, surprise overcame her. Because, Jeon Jungkook texting her, even because of a measly maknae filial duty, was so unlikely

 

injoory to twelve4evsjin:
-yeah, i'll be there, sunbaenim  ^^

 

+++

 

It was about 1 in the afternoon when Eunjoo decided to meet her new friends. She was glad that at that time Baekhyun naturally fell asleep with his burning fever or else she wouldn't be able to escape his interrogations.

 

After saying a quick goodbye to Dr. Byun, Eunjoo made her way to the arcade they were all going to meet in.

 

By 3 pm, Eunjoo was standing outside the arcade, sporting a comfortable bright red plain shirt tucked inside a faded denim jean jumper shorts as she wore the trending white sneakers and a black beanie atop her cascading hair.

 

She wasn't sure if she wanted to enter the place, thinking if of some sort of club requiring that she had to be a gamer to enter. But if that wasn't the case, she wasn't sure whether her company was already inside. And wandering around the maze if game machines didn't sound that appealing.

 

Just as she was about to text Seokjin, because he seemed the most normal and most decent person to talk to (knowing that he has a girlfriend and wasn't going to try be flirty with her), Eunjoo heard footsteps approaching her. It was weird how she had this urge to look up. Anyone could have been passing by.

 

But this time, Eunjoo met eyes with Jeon Jungkook.

 

Eunjoo had always found it weird seeing a schoolmate out of school uniform. Baekhyun and the rest of EXO were a different case because they see each other often anywhere. It was just on her senior year did Jungkook and his friends appear in her life. Weird.

 

"Jin hyung was wondering where you might have been," he simply greeted, or rather said, before he crouched down on his phone, his fingers tapping away on the screen. Eunjoo couldn't help but notice the numerous rings on his fingers but the one on his right thumb was the most prominent though it was of a fading silver color.

 

She darted out her tongue, wetting her lips as a habit, what with her having braces and all. At the contact of metal on her tongue, she is reminded that her next adjustment was just three weeks away. To this, Eunjoo groaned secretly.

 

Jungkook looked up, and Eunjoo found it awkward and peculiar that none of them attempted to even go inside the arcade. The boy pocketed his phone. She took time to admire his fashion sense that was somewhere between vintage trend and hip hop style what with him wearing a black graphic short-sleeved button-up shirt and a pair of light blue men's shorts. He seemed to look younger especially with his cap worn backwards and his basketball shoes.

 

"They've been inside all along. Didn't you try and text them?" He asked, taking a step towards the entrance. Eunjoo followed afterwards.

 

"I didn't think I'd belong in a gaming shop. Knowing me, I might get lost amidst the gamers. I might even pass out with trying to understand what's the difference with rpg and mmorpg." (actually, i don't really know what's the difference between them. i don't even know what mmorpg stands for or if i wrote it right lol i only know that rpg means 'role-playing games' yay for me ahaha) She attempted to joke, though she regretted it as soon as it came out if . "I'm sorry, that sounded funnier in my head."

 

They were walking side-by-side as they entered the dimly-lit arcade. As expected, game nerds swarmed the place, every machine being controlled by a player or two. The place looked like a club, but less scandalizing and more mechanical. Eunjoo was glad she saw a few dozen of girls in the mix of boys, and although they might have also been gamers, at least she wasn't the only female in the house.

 

The girl looked up at Jungkook, seeing a very tiny little hint of a smile tugging the corner of his lips by Eunjoo's side. He quickly made certain steps toward a certain direction and Eunjoo simply followed, her tongue rolling over the metal brackets on her front teeth.

 

In the distance, she could already see a group of six huddled over an old-fashioned gaming machine. And when one particular pink-haired guy started waving exaggeratedly, Eunjoo knew she was in the right place with the guidance of the Jeon boy.

 

She stood behind when Jungkook approached his friends. They greeted with the typical bro punches, their chests bumping with each other as their hands were holding. Some just patted, rather harshly, Jungkook on the back. But Eunjoo was perplexed the most at seeing Jungkook smile.

 

She couldn't remember an encounter when the boy was ever smiling. It was then that Eunjoo realized that Jungkook just smiled at her lame joke. And for some weirder reason, it warmed her heart having someone find her funny because her good-for-nothing bestfriend laughed at her failed attempt in joking.

 

'How is Baekhyun, anyways? Has his fever gone down?'

 

+++

 

injoory to bbaekon:
-i'll be out for a while. hope you can take of yourself while i'm gone. don't do anything stupid, baek.

 

Of course Baekhyun wouldn't reply, why was she even expecting? He was sick, for goodness sake.

 

"Hey Eunjoo," the called girl looked up from her phone, taking a while for her eyes to readjust to the shift in brightness. Seokjin, his girlfriend named Sejin (weird coincidence, explains the jin in seokjin's email username. or, not really since jin can also refer to his own nickname) and Taehyung were looking at her while the others were sticking their noses on some game machine.

 

"Yes?"

 

Sejin rolled her eyes, standing up from her seat in Seokjin's thigh before approaching Eunjoo. For a moment there, the latter thought she was offending the former for agreeing to hanging out with BTS and with her boyfriend. But Sejin did the complete opposite.

 

"You're not exactly getting the point of hanging out with new friends, are you?" She asked, tugging Eunjoo up the seat a bit farther away from the rest of them.

 

"Wh-what...?" She couldn't even utter a proper sentence as Sejin dragged her through a suffocating crowd.

 

"Hey, do you dance, Eunjoo-ssi?" Sejin faced in nowhere particular, but Eunjoi wasn't sure if she should answer. Compared to Jongdae and Chanyeol, she was definitely the worst among them.

 

Sejin didn't even ask for an answer as they suddenly stopped. When Eunjoo looked over the girl's shoulder, she saw two familiar people, one with raven blue hair and one with a bright orange dye.

 

"Chimchim, Kookie." Sejin called out, but the two were pressing furiously on the buttons in front of them. Eunjoo peeked from beside her to see Seokjin's girlfriend roll her eyes and then in one swift motion she had pressed the same button on both of the consoles Jungkook and Jimin occupied that seemed to have ended their game unaccomplished.

 

Eunjoo heard the two whine and looked up at the intruder with pouts.

 

"Noo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter