35

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]I like you...[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

"...Mr. Jeon Jungkook?"

 

A yellow Lamborghini passes by; some immature kids were maneuvering the vehicle as they were zooming by the streets. Jungkook honestly thinks a brand new pick-up truck is better; specifically, a red truck. He wonders what color would replace her crimson red bands.

 

"Jeon Jungkook-ssi...?"

 

Jungkook honestly isn't in denial. He knew ever since he's opened up what he was feeling. But he swore he won't admit it verbally until he's ready. For some reason, as he waits in a familiar bubble tea shop for a certain milk tea to be given to him as a take-out (and a taro bubble tea for him), Jungkook finds himself mindlessly staring at the outside with his thoughts up above his Eunjoo-invaded clouds.

 

I like her.

 

Jungkook likes Eunjoo.

 

He didn't care when and where he began to have feelings for her. Maybe it was half-way through their relationship before he had sacrificing-ly ended it. All that matters to him was that he's being honest with himself.

 

He was brought out of his reverie when the waitress approached his table. She was batting her (fake) eyelashes at him, but he doesn't faze at the abused act of flirting as he raises a questioning brow coldly.

 

If it were before, he'd have asked this girl to be his girlfriend. She was cute and stuff; definitely his type. As a boy with developing hormones and mental maturity, he tends to act impulsively and just live his life to the fullest.

 

Of course, he didn't date too much girls to be entitled as the International Playboy (that was Jiminie hyung until he was reunited with his elementary girl SPACE-AS-FOUND-IN-THE-KEYBOARD friend). He'd usually start to date a girl when they show the slightest clue that they like him. He rarely dates the girls who confesses to him, but when they do, he keeps the relationship brief and short.

 

The waitress bows down her head when she could no longer handle Jungkook's gaze on hers, her toes outpointed to the ground and drawing shapes on the floor with the point of her shoes.

 

"What is it?" Jungkook asks impatiently, causing the girl to flinch in surprise. (Not in fear, but because she thought his raspy voice was very attractive)

 

"U-uhm," she brings out a plastic bag, with two bubble tea cups and two straws inside, with her trembling hands. Who wouldn't tremble upon the presence of a very attractive guy, one who is staring at her nonetheless? "H-here's your order, J-Jungkook-ssi..."

 

He waits until the girl puts down his order onto the table before he stood up and bows out-of-respect as he goes out the milk tea shop then heads towards Byun Dentistry without even sparing a glance at the googly-eyed girl.

 

Baekhyun personally opens the door for Jungkook as the Byun boy was by the receptionist area by the entrance door while flirting with his girlfriend. "I see you've become a fan of Milk Teas too. It's a shame there isn't any in that bag for me or for noona."

 

Hana and Baekhyun giggled, the tone teasing and causing the teased person to blush as Jungkook (the teased) plops onto the waiting sofa. He looks ahead and sees through the closed glass door of Dr. Byun's operation (in a sense that is not surgery) room. A man with a white coat - Baekhyun's father - was apparently beside a dental chair (with the equipment and stuff (a/n: lol idk what the chair is called but if you've been to a dentist, it's the huge chair the doctor lets you sit on haha)) which contains a patient with a familiar pair of ugg boots as the only thing that Jungkook could see.

 

Jungkook smiles softly upon seeing her feet wiggle or move unconsciously whenever Dr. Byun moves away from the chair. He chuckles when she sees Eunjoo's fingers fiddle with the edge of her long knitted sweater, her clean nails coming in contact with her trusty black leggings.

 

He sees Dr. Byun smile then continue to talk with Eunjoo and at that he imagines Eunjoo cutely and awkwardly trying to keep open but not too much. (It didn't even occur to him how ual it must have sounded, but what can he do when he's hopelessly attracted to Eunjoo in a boy-in-love(luv) kind of way?) (a/n: lol this awkward-mouth-opening-during-adjustments is a personal experience, though I’ve never really tried to chat up with my dentist whenever i was there for my adjustments)

 

Seeing that Dr. Byun had fled again from his spot beside Eunjoo on the chair, Jungkook diverts his gaze towards Baekhyun and his girlfriend.

 

If the counter didn't open up wherein Jungkook could see what's happening inside the cubicle, he wouldn't have witnessed the couple crouching side-by-side while seated on two plastic chairs and giggling to themselves as they had Baekhyun's phone in between them. Hana pointed and instructed while Baekhyun followed eventually with him earning a kiss from his girlfriend and the college noona also getting a complimentary kiss.

 

Jungkook looks back at the plastic bags he held. From inside, the moisture droplets from the cups were making a flood at the bottom of the plastic bag, but it didn't penetrate to outside of the bag. Though, the cold did penetrate from the bag to Jungkook's thigh despite him wearing thick denim jeans. The cups were secured inside with the rims kissing each other as Jungkook moves the plastic container.

 

Jungkook looks back at the operating room and now sees Eunjoo's feet rotating in different excited directions.

 

"Hey hyung,"

 

+++

 

Eunjoo presents her empty cup towards Jungkook as the boy asked for it while he threw his empty cup on a trash can.

 

Jungkook takes a moment to gulp as he sees Eunjoo dart out her tongue and wet her lips with a whimper just because her elastic bands were red, but of a different shade (Desire Red (a/n: i actually searched that up on Wikipedia haha)), again.

 

"So, where'd you wanna go?" He asks coolly as he rubs his hands together just to get some warmth going on. Jungkook should have known better to ask Eunjoo because when he looks at her she was incredulously staring back at him. "My house then. You wouldn't mind, right?"

 

Eunjoo shook her head and soon they began to walk towards Jungkook's house. As usual, they walked closer beside each other, trying to keep as warm as possible amidst their freezing environment. They didn't even mind if their coated shoulders brushed along each other. Actually, the many layers they've worn rendered them of feeling the way they had the slight contact.

 

"I see all of the brackets are connected with the band now, instead of just random connecting. Does it hurt more now?" Jungkook asks after he releases an awkward cough. His gloved hands had accidentally brushed along Eunjoo's which were buried within the long sleeves of her sweater and coat, but the next times they made contact, Jungkook did it on purpose.

 

Eunjoo's mere answer was a nod and a pout. She moved closer then continued to walk in silence with their sides almost glued to each other with their sudden close proximity.

 

As soon as they've arrived, however, an empty house welcomed them. They should have known when they noticed the absence of the Jeon's two cars.

 

While Eunjoo had taken her time with unwrapping her scarf and taking off her coat, Jungkook had gone in the kitchen to scavenge for snacks. He found a hard and refrigerated unopened chocolate bar and a note from his parents saying they won't be home till late at night and that they were sorry they left without him. At the back of the note was a small message from his younger sister asking him if he had a fun day with her unnie (Eunjoo). He crumpled the note and stuffed it angrily in his pockets.

 

As h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter