5

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Error in prescription... [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

"You shouldn't have gone to school yet, Baek." Eunjoo sternly said as she walked beside the Byun boy who was sporting a black face mask.

 

Baekhyun shrugged, naturally getting closer to Eunjoo as he says, "I'm fine, Joo. I'm not that sick."

 

Eunjoo bit her lip and simply nodded. She was hoping to get one more day to herself, but she was glad Baekhyun was this persistent to going to school whereas any typical high school student would kill to persuade their parents to allow them to skip school.

 

However, it wasn't practical for a person who just came down from a fever to start exhausting themselves with work (or in their case, school) and this made Eunjoo worry slightly.

 

One part of her reassures herself that Baekhyun is an independent and strong (in an abstract sense and a tiny bit of physical sense) male, and that a measly fever won't bring him down.

 

Eunjoo was the center of attention again. And she even thought the spotlight wouldn't be hers that day, but it turns out that day was worse than yesterday. She heard murmurs about her entering the school with Baekhyun, as if it doesn't happen everyday for the last high school years.

 

"I'll meet you later?" Eunjoo could hear the relief in Baekhyun's voice behind his mask probably because his fangirls decided to tone down their activities and give him a bit of rest. She nodded with a tight smile and went away with a final wave.

 

Even as she went to her locker, people gossiped about her. For some selfish twisted reason, Eunjoo wished they just gossiped about somebody else because this was very uncomfortable than when she feels people admiring her from afar.

 

She took out her books from her neat locker. As she was shutting the metal door closed, Eunjoo turned when she heard her name being called. "Eunjoo-ssi!"

 

For a moment there, she thought she was going to receive a shy indirect confession (as it was suddenly a rule amongst her fanboys that they cannot directly tell Eunjoo their feelings). Instead, she was met with seven flower boys, and three of them she was familiar with.

 

The one in the middle gaped openly at Eunjoo as soon as they stopped in front of her. Taehyung reached around to sling his arm over the gaping-mouth boy's broad shoulders. Jimin skipped over to go in between Eunjoo and the boy with the gaping mouth while Eunjoo sees from the corner of her eyes Jungkook standing quietly with a very microscopic but mischievous smile directed at the gaping boy.

 

"Hi Eunjoo!" Taehyung chirped, his body leaning forward, bringing the gaping boy forward as well.

 

Eunjoo greeted with a tight smile and a small nod.

 

"D*mn, she's cute." The gaping boy finally spoke. But as soon as the words left his mouth, he clasped his hands together and covered his lips. "I-I'm sorry, th-that came out wr-wrong!"

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes from the sideline as he exited wordlessly, but still noticed by his gang and by Eunjoo.

 

Jimin and the others, meanwhile, were howling with laughter at the embarrassed gaping boy. "Hyung~ You really are bad at this!", a blue haired boy said from behind as he was crouching down with laughter.

 

Eunjoo just wanted to exit as Jungkook did because she received twice of the attention she was getting before these howling boys appeared in front of her and caused a scene. But, she didn't want to seem rude. Being rude was only reserved for Byun Baekhyun. Instead, she waited awkwardly as the boys calmed down.

 

Taehyung resumed to slinging his arm over the embarrassed boy's shoulder while Jimin and a blonde-haired boy leaned weak from too much laughter against a lethargic looking black-haired boy.

 

Judging by the way the rest of the boys called the once-gaping boy 'hyung', it didn't take long for Eunjoo to realize that this was the 'Jin hyung' Jungkook told her about.

 

"I'm sorry about that, Eunjoo." Taehyung coughed in between his faltering chuckles. "This is Seokjin hyung ('I knew it!' Eunjoo thought in triumph). He kind of with picking up girls."

 

Eunjoo responded with an awkward smile and a very muted awkward chuckle. Should she comment on Jin's way of 'flirting' with her?

 

"Uhm, Jungkook told me about you, Seokjin sunbaenim. He said you wanted my number...?" Eunjoo asked with uncertainty.

 

Seokjin rubbed the back of his neck, throwing Taehyung's arm away in the process. "Yeah, well, Tae and Chimchim talked about you often. And, uh, a friend of any of the members is a friend of ours too. I kind of, uh, wanted to maybe welcome you to the group?"

 

Eunjoo had her eyebrows furrowed. Hadn't she made it clear that she didn't want to join any kingka-queenka group? Though she hated her popularity, she thought that maybe people would have gotten word of how she repeatedly rejects group invitations.

 

"Oh!" Seokjin suddenly exclaims with wide eyes and plump lips shaped into an 'o' it almost looked like he was puckering for her. "That's not what I meant!"

 

His friends were laughing in the background while some girls, probably their fan girls, joined them shortly as the females passed by. Some even wondered where 'Jungkook oppa' was, but some shrugged the Jeon's absence as they say, 'Jungkook oppa's cool that way with his occasional solitude'.

 

"It's just I'm kind of the mother of Bangtan, and it really warms my heart seeing the boys make friends outside of our group. And, Tae and Jimin tells tons of stories about you. They can be really stalker-ish sometimes, but their intentions are good and goofy. And. Ah! I'm just gonna stop myself now. Just... Whatever Jungkook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter