4

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Define flirting... [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Eunjoo hated this

 

She hated being the center of attraction.

 

She hated being the center of attraction this early in the morning.

 

It wasn't even that big of a deal.

 

Coming to school alone, wasn't that big of a deal.

 

Yeah, Eunjoo and Baekhyun always comes to school together. But, they're not always together, which actually confuses Eunjoo as to why people gossiped about her solitary entrance. Where was the boy that stuck around her?

 

Well, she was woken up by the reaso; a series of vibrations stirred her from her morning sleep.

 

"Hmm?" She hummed, barely even awake.

 

"Hey Joo. I'm sick." Baekhyun said from the other line.

 

"So?" Eunjoo replied, either because she was still sleepy or just doesn't care or both.

 

She heard Baekhyun chuckle, his voice raspier than before, "So, I won't be able to come to school with you today."

 

"You don't have to ask permission from me, Baek." Eunjoo was now sitting up  rubbing the sleep out if her eyes. Her legs were dangling from the edge of her bed, hair surprisingly flat and tangle-free.

 

She heard silence from the other line, making her think that it was good call to end the conversation. As she was about to pull her phone away, Baekhyun spoke.

 

"Hey, can you ask Yeol to take notes for me?"

 

"You study?"

 

Eunjoo could practically hear Baekhyun rolling his eyes at her statement and at that she was awake already, trudging towards the bathroom to rinse .

 

"Joo. I'm serious. Yeah, of course I study!"

 

Eunjoo put down her phone on a dry spot beside the sink before rinsing her face. As she dried her face with a towel, she picked to phone up again, now making her way to the kitchen. "Alright, I'll tell Chanyeol. Goodbye Baek, I have to eat."

 

"Goodbye."

 

Eunjoo nodded, as if Baekhyun could see her. But as she started to pull her phone away again, she stopped midway when she heard Baekhyun slip in a quiet "Take care, Joo."

 

"I will."

 

+++

 

"Where's Baekhyun?" Eunjoo was glad she wasn't the first to approach. She doesn't work that way. Being a shy person, she preferred people approaching her.

 

"Good morning Yeol!" She greeted. "Baek's sick right now. He asked me to ask you to take notes for him."

 

Chanyeol didn't respond immediately, blinking for a full minute before he nodded in acceptance. "Yeah, sure. I'll do that."

 

"Baekhyun actually studies?" Eunjoo asked in surprise probably because she was expecting Chanyeol to burst out in laughter, disbelieving what Baekhyun had requested of him.

 

"Yeah," Chanyeol shrugged. "He actually aces all our subject with ease... Uhm, you of all people should know that... Right? Ahaha...."

 

Eunjoo furrowed her brows. Honestly, she doesn't even see Baekhyun review anything. But then, she'd heard from here and there how much of an achiever Baekhyun is.

 

"Welp, I got to go, Joo! Catch you later!" Chanyeol waved as he went farther away. Eunjoo responded with a sigle wave and went to the direction of her classroom.

 

As expected, people threw her looks.

 

"Baekhyun's not at school today. Maybe it's our time to confess, boys!" Eunjoo sighed. How come her male classmates made her best friend sound like a scary overprotective brother? Baekhyun was far from overprotective or intimidating.

 

"I heard Baek oppa's sick. Maybe we should go wish him well after school. But, we don't know where he lives." Eunjoo heard quiet whispers, this time complaining about how come they don't know where their beloved idol lives.

 

And of course, the shippers were just as loud as with the other gossips. "Do you think Eunjoo would go visit Baekhyun later? What if one of them confesses?! That during their one day separation from each other, they'll realize how much they miss each other! I need to write that up in my fanfiction!"

 

Honestly, of course Eunjoo would miss Baekhyun. They were best friends after all. Since childhood they were practically glued to the hip. Having the naughty Baekhyun away from her for too long was weird for Eunjoo.

 

"Where's your boyfriend?" Eunjoo shifted her head to side, hearing tue seat beside her scrape on the floor. There sat Taehyung, his jellybean-like grin projected for her. Another scrape was heard from beside her, and there she saw Park Jimin, straddling the chair while he rested his chin on the backrest facing her.

 

"Boyfriend?" Eunjoo asked. She should have probably asked first why they sat in a seat not assigned to them, but the question caught her off guard. As far as she knew, she was totally single. Well, single in the real sense. She'd been taken a long time ago in the imagination of her fanboys and the shippers.

 

"Yeah, we've been hearing a lot about you and Baek hyung since this morning." Jimin spoke, his voice soundig so feminine and smooth, Eunjoo almost envied it.

 

"Baekhyun is not my boyfriend." Eunjoo laughed as if her best friend being her boyfriend was the silliest thing ever.

 

But her chuckle was nothing compared to how the two boys beside her burst out in laughter, slapping their thighs just to emphasize their joy. "Baek hyung, not her boyfriend?! Hilarious!"

 

Taehyung and Jimin earned a lot of attention, and being in between them, Eunjoo caught some people staring more at her too.

 

"Was there something funny with what I said?" Eunjoo asked, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion and head cocked adorably to one side.

 

Jimin and Taehyung started to calm down by then, and even before Eunjoo started to ask again, the teacher suddenly arrived.

 

Her usual seatmates didn't even dare try to ask the two boys to go back to their seat, probably because they were Jimin's and Taehyung's admirers. Eunjoo scoffed at the mentality of high school seniors making kingkas and queenkas superior over them.

 

Eunjoo tried to catch a brief eye contact with either boys, still wondering why they were laughing. She turned to the side and was thankful to have caught Taehyung's glossy gaze.

 

Her eyes says her question but the boy merely showed her his famous (pained-looking-but-not-really) smile before shaking his head and focusing back to the front. She heard Jimin wheezing the last of his laughter out quietly, but the boy never turned to face her.

 

All throughout the lecture, Eunjoo kept wondering: What was funny about Baekhyun NOT being my boyfriend?

 

+++

 

Eunjoo absolutely loved it!

 

She enjoyed the whole day alone. Yeah, she missed Baekhyun sometimes, but having

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter