3

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Cup noodles scandal... [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

"I want jjajjangmyeon!" Eunjoo wailed one afternoon while hanging out in the Byun's living room. She had laid down on her stomach, using Baekhyun's legs as her tummy's cushion.

 

"Then order some," Baekhyun simply suggested, flipping the page of a sports magazine loudly.

 

Eunjoo tilted her head to face Baekhyun and raised her brows, "It'TS not that eaTSy, Baek."

 

"How come...? I know you're a lazy girl, but not this lazy. It's just one call away." Baekhyun paused and looked up, his eyes glinting brightly as he opened his mouth.

 

"Don't go TSinging Charlie Puth on me, Byun Baekhyun. Jjajjangmyeon iTSn't even cloTSe to being my TSuperman." Eunjoo groaned.

 

"Hey, I am not the one quoting Puth now, am I?" Baekhyun smirked at Eunjoo and turned back to his magazine when the girl glared at him. "And, your lisp is just too adorably hilarious."

 

"Shut up," Eunjoo sat up and then glared at her best friend. But her anger turmoiled down into distress as she held onto her stomach, "I'm hungry~"

 

ping!

 

Eunjoo and Baekhyun eyed the two identical phones on the table. One had a Iron Man themed case while the other had a Girly Baby Pink Case. Eunjoo picked the latter and handed it to the owner.

 

chanyoda to bbaekon:
-dude, we're having chicken after basketball practice. wanna come? tell joo that we're eating at kyungsoo's and that he'd be happy to cook something for her. see you!

 

Baekhyun stared at the sinister looking sticker Chanyeol sent after the message. He sighed and stood up, disregarding his sports magazine on the sofa.

 

"Dad! I'll be out for lunch! See you later!" Baekhyun shouted and picked up his wallet and his and Eunjoo's phones.

 

"Hey!" Eunjoo followed Baekhyun and snatched her phone back, placing it on the back pocket of her knee-length fit denim shorts. She took her hat from the hat stand by the front door and wore her black sneakers that perfectly matched with her tucked-only-in-the-front black shirt. "What'TS going on?"

 

"Eat well, Son! Make sure Eunjoo eats too!" Mr. Byun shouts from afar just as Eunjoo and Baekhyun exit the house.

 

"Kyungsoo's cooking for you. Need I say more?" Baekhyun looked back and held out his hand.

 

Acting on impulse, Eunjoo reached out and took Baekhyun's offering hand before letting herself get tugged to walk beside him.

 

"Hey, your prayers actually came true." Baekhyun nudged the girl's shoulder lightly, swinging their intertwined hands up in the air.

 

Eunjoo frowned and grumbled, "Not until Soo cooks me some Jjangjjangmyeon."

 

+++

 

Four days have passed since her adjustment and Eunjoo was glad to have gotten rid of her temporary lisp. Though she could bite without inflicting too much pain on her front teeth, it didn't mean she can bite the crispiest food.

 

She sat giddily on her seat, satisfied with her filled stomach. Her male classmates shamelessly admired her cheeky smile while her female classmates envied Eunjoo's exploding moe.

 

The door opened up, and Eunjoo's eyes traveled up to meet the newcomer.

 

It was weird how one never actually knew the existence of the other until have been met once, or twice.

 

There stood Kim Taehyung, his hair now a blazing pink and his eyes wide but timid and shy. When his eyes met Eunjoo's it showed a glint of recognition, putting aside the fact that he wore shining silver contacts, but made no move to greet her.

 

An orange haired boy followed behind him, his lips curved into a cheeky smile. Everyone knew him, and everyone worshipped his name: Park Jimin.

 

"Oh my God! I never knew we have the same classes as Eunjoo!" Jimin exclaimed, not really caring about the glares he received.

 

"It's 'cause we rarely attend class, hyung." Taehyung rolled his eyes and briefly nodded his head towards Eunjoo as greeting.

 

Jimin shrugged his shoulders and occupied an empty spot probably reserved for the two of them.

 

"Huh..." Eunjoo tilted her head in amazement with the odds that the person she met just the other day suddenly became her classmate.

 

She unconsciously searches the room for an empty seat, wondering if the Jeon boy was actually one of her surprise classmates. However, there were none. As soon as Eunjoo looked back in front, the first period instructor hurried inside and zoomed for the desk, arms full with manila papers and some lesson materials.

 

"We have a lot of catching up to do, no more wasting time! Okay! Surprise quiz, everyone!"

 

Eunjoo swears the teacher was enjoying this too much.

 

+++

 

The following day was a Saturday and Eunjoo relished the fact that she could finally sleep in late as she did every weekend.

 

It was about 1 in the afternoon when Eunjoo finally woke up to the sound of her pinging phone.

 

ping!

bbaekon to injoory:
-hey joo! good morning! wanna eat some waffles for breakfast? hyung cooked some extra. just ping me when you want me to pick you up.
-yah! joo! it's 11 in the morning, aren't you awake yet? aren't you hungry yet? TT TT i haven't eaten.
-i didn't wait for you anymore. i was hungry. it's almost lunchtime. tacos?
-you should really learn to wake up a bit earlier than 1 pm every weekend. i don't have my eating buddy with me TT TT
-yah! it's 1:38! WAKE UP!

 

Eunjoo groaned, rubbing her eyes awake.

 

injoory to bbaekon:
-i'm hungry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter