18

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Restricted to sweets… [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

"Why is he cool with it? He just lost the bet!" Taehyung exclaimed.



 

"What? It's obvious he likes her already." Jimin reasoned.



 

"What a jerk. He's just gonna hurt her so much when he finally admits it." Namjoon clucked his tongue.



 

"Especially since she obviously likes him back." Yoongi points out.



 

"He should not have agreed on the bet in the first place." Hoseok said as he shook his head.



 

Seokjin nods then, "They're all so stupid, I just want to punch the hell out of all of them."



 

"His friends are the jerks here." Eunjoo popped a handful of popcorn into . "They better feel guilty that they caused this much heartbreak."



 

It was well past ten in the evening and they were still watching some movies. Eunjoo decided to go home but her mother insisted she stayed over at Jungkook's house (she told her she locked up the house and that she wasn't going to let Eunjoo in even if the latter begged. too bad Eunjoo didn’t bring her keys with her), and seeing that the rest of the gang plus Sejin was staying over she saw no harm in it.



 

After the credits rolled on the previous action packed movie, Sejin had the privilege of picking the next movie. The boys expected that a sweet flick was her choice, but the girls never expected the boys to be so engrossed with the 'cheesy romantic' movie.

 

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes, his arm still wound by the backrest almost looking like it was around Eunjoo's shoulder. "It's a movie guys. Don't take it too seriously."

 

 

"These things happen in real life; you know?" Sejin turned around to give Jungkook a pointed glance. "It happened to me once upon a time."

 

 

"He's a jerk." Seokjin mutters, his eyebrows furrowed in the middle.

 

 

"It was you, Jin babe." Sejin rolled her eyes but cuddled closer to her boyfriend. "But you've been forgiven a long time ago."

 

 

Eunjoo gasped, "Your relationship started with a bet?!" How can a perfect couple have emerged from petty boys' play? She thought.

 

 

"Unbelievable, right?" Seokjin muttered, kissing the top of Sejin's forehead but keeping his gaze on the television.

 

 

Taehyung suddenly stood up and made a loud shushing sound, "HUSH! The jerk's about to confess. I will not miss this out."



 

Eunjoo distractedly gazed back at movie, which showed a scene where the boy and the girl were in some kind of romantic place and the boy was panting hard. She still couldn't get the idea that these things do happen.



 

"Look, I'm sorry! I was dared to make you fall in love with me! I won," the boy said and the girl showed an annoyed expression but the boy kept her still and continued, "but I lost too because I fell along with you."

 

 

Eunjoo wanted to scoff, but the person beside her (very close beside her) beat her to it. She showed a faint smile when she took note that Jungkook is also not a fan of overly greasy lines.

 

 

Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok then started wailing. The three hugged each other, biting their lips and holding their squeals in. When the female and male characters kissed, the three just lost it while Namjoon and Yoongi watched with satisfied but poker faces. Meanwhile, Seokjin and Sejin curled closer to each other and this amazed Eunjoo at how there really wasn't any space between the 'Jin' couple.

 

 

However, Eunjoo was completely flustered, especially when the camera zoomed in to focus on how the actors fiercely locked lips in the screen. It made her remember things that just made her blush harder and she was thankful that the lights were completely dimmed.

 

 

When she felt Jungkook shift beside her, Eunjoo froze, suddenly remembering how he had placed butterfly kisses on her bare shoulder just a while ago. As if on instinct, the skin which met with Jungkook's lips heated up, intensifying the reddening of her cheeks.

 

 

Eunjoo was beyond relieved when she was certain Jungkook wasn't going to do anything else. This time she slouched her shoulders, but she carefully adjusted her shirt so no skin would show.

 

 

As the cheesy theme sung rung as the credits rolled up, Hoseok cut in and clapped his hands. "I pick the next movie!"



 

"Aren't you guys tired yet?" Yoongi grumbled, slouching down on the couch, almost laying atop Jimin's shoulders.



 

Taehyung jumped and shook his body before sitting back down, "Nope hyung! Play away, Hobi hyung!"



 

"That sounded weird." Namjoon raised a brow but settled in his position as Hoseok played the next movie.



 

"Is this a musical?" Eunjoo gasped, her eyes sparkling. Once again, she felt the boy beside her shift position, but she did not take notice of Jungkook's hand now hovering so close beside her thigh.



 

"I love The Sound of Music!" Sejin exclaimed, and nobody in the room argued as the well-known theme song played.



 

Eunjoo nodded, because the movie was really a very nice musical. She'd watched it before, of course, with her mother and the other time with Baekhyun. She remembered how much her best friend loved musicals and how he dreamed of staring in a legit one.



 

But she could not remember the last he spoke to her. Baekhyun seemed to be busy recently, but Eunjoo doubts it was because of EXO's promotion of their new performance for gigs.



 

Eunjoo frowned, taking out her phone from the pocket of her black sweatpants only to find that her best friend had not texted her. She was used to having her inbox spammed with Baekhyun's text. But, lately, his texts slowly disappeared until they completely did not show up anymore.



 

With annoyed furrowed brows, Eunjoo gripped her phone as she contemplated whether she should send Baekhyun a text first or not. She chose the latter as she irritated-ly shoved her phone back her pockets.



 

She refocused back in the movie, not noticing Jungkook's hand atop her thigh and tapping it two times as if reassuring before retracting it back to himself.

 

 

+++

 

 

Eunjoo woke up with panic as the first emotion she felt. Seeing that she was in a different environment, how could she not feel such?

 

 

When a few moments passed, her sleepy daze disappeared. She then finally recollected that she had slept over at Jungkook's.

 

 

Eunjoo hissed, feeling her gums sore and her teeth painful with her sudden movement as she turned to the other way. As she was her metal braces, she abruptly froze when she was met with Jungkook's mop of raven-blue hair as soon as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter