34

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Here's to being bad...[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

ping!

 

taelien52 to injoory:
-greetings! ヾ(*ΦωΦ)ノ

 

injoory to taelien52:
-hi tae! what is it?

 

ping!

 

taelien52 to injoory:
-have you and kookie fled?

 

injoory to taelien52:
-yeah. he said we're going to his house.

 

ping!

 

taelien52 to injoory:
-w@+ 4?

(a/n: that message was intentional, not a typographical error haha) (“what for?”)

 

injoory to taelien52:
-jungkook says to help him bake some cake for his mother. i doubt i'd be some great help since i'm horrible at cooking
-maybe i'm just going to drop by and greet his mom a happy birthday when she gets back home.

 

ping!

 

taelien52 to injoory:
-oh! yeah, kook actually invited us over this weekend for the late celebration. you can't be that bad, right?

 

injoory to taelien52:
-it's the sad truth. cool. his mom's cool.

 

ping!

 

taelien52 to injoory:
-i would want to teach you to cook like Jamie Olivah (er) or Remy in Ratatouille or the Demon chef Ramsey Gordon, but i might be worse than you are

 

injoory to taelien52:
-aw that's okay ahaha maybe i'll just stick to not cooking at all.
-let's talk later, we're already here haha bye!

 

ping!

 

taelien52 to injoory:
-take care when you go home.

 

Eunjoo opens up her inbox and sees that she received three messages more that were not from Taehyung.

 

ping!

 

bbaekon#hana to injoory:
-whatever you do, don't reply to whatever noona sent to you. she's kind of in a bad mood rn :( dunworry i'm gonna fix it! *bring out imaginary Fix-it-Felix-from-Wreck-it-Ralph hammer*

 

ping!

 

hotmama to injoory:
-i heard it's mrs. jeon's birthday! jungkook texted me hihi. how about you staying over as a birthday present? ;)

 

injoory to hotmama:
-no mom. and, no, you can't lock me out the house because I brought my keys with me. ha!

 

ping!

 

chemhana#byun to injoory:
-hi. haha. i was just messing with baek. i still love him and i ain't ever giving him to you ;) i told him i was going to cuss at you if he doesn't give me some space for studying chem. he even took my precious book :(

 

"You're pretty busy socially." Jungkook says as he removed his blazer and proceeded to guide Eunjoo towards the kitchen.

 

"Baek warned me about Hana unnie's text. Unnie told me she was blackmailing Baekhyun. Mom was sacrificing me as Mrs. Jeon's birthday gift though I don't understand why. Taehyung-"

 

"Okay! Let's get started!"

 

The counter was readied with bowls of measured ingredients. And, Jungkook had an emerald-green apron around his body (he just learned that an apron can actually prevent stains/evidence that he was baking/cooking after he was teased by his hyungs) while he handed a red apron towards Eunjoo. And so the baking began.

 

He didn't even let her touch or do anything nor was the girl complaining. Eunjoo was giddy with watching a boy cook while Jungkook was gay for Eunjoo wearing the red apron and her red-banded braces.

 

+++

 

"I'm sorry I can't go." Eunjoo was just walking along the hallways. She was supposed to bringing back her books from emptying her locker, but Taehyung was carrying her book-filled eco bag.

 

"Where can you not go?" Eunjoo turns around to where the voice came from and was met with Jungkook sprinting towards her and Taehyung. He too was carrying an eco-bag, but it didn't have as much books as hers. Eunjoo then recalled how most of Jungkook's books were instead collecting dust on the desk in his room.

 

Once Jungkook had reached them, he goes in between the small space between Taehyung and Eunjoo. The Jeon boy snobs his hyung and turns to face Eunjoo. "What were you two talking about?"

 

Jungkook stares briefly at the bag Taehyung was holding and scowls that it wasn't him carrying Eunjoo's things. "Oh, Taehyung said he saw a new cafe opening up in the town plaza. Apparently it's a library cafe that also serves milk teas! I find that so exciting."

 

"But..." Jungkook urges as he puts his barely-filled eco bag in his backpack and steals Eunjoo's things away from Taehyung.

 

"But," Eunjoo sighs, "I have an adjustment appointment this weekend. But the week after that Taehyung said he'll go on a vacation with his family for a week. And on the week he goes back I want to start visiting my mom at her work and help her with filling, so it's just gonna be so busy I can't go with Taehyung on the opening."

 

Jungkook wonders if this upsets Eunjoo too much, but thinking about it makes him feel greener than ever; and he doesn't mean it in a nutritional sense.

 

"I did tell you you can actually change your appointment schedule. Being a few weeks late from adjustments can't be too much of a difference than when you are on time." Taehyung speaks out, with Jungkook eventually turning to glare at him.

 

"Eunjoo just said she's busy." Jungkook grits, but Taehyung doesn't faze from his stoic expression.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter