23

Just Because
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Which way to go…[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

Eunjoo couldn't say she liked staying at home, but she didn't hate the thought at all.

 

She was given a prescription of 3 days’ rest from school for the recovery of her sprained foot. After 48 hours, she can go back to school and if her foot can't function yet, a crutch is highly recommended.

 

At her first day at home, Jungkook and his younger sister, Junghwa, visited her. Her mother was more than glad to have met someone from Jungkook's family. Her boyfriend had handed her a bunch of paper that were from Taehyung and Jimin (judging from the scrawny handwriting), and a jar of freshly baked fudge brownies which he claimed that his mother baked for her.

 

The next day, Jungkook, the whole BTS gang, Chanyeol, leader-Junmyeon and Kyungsoo visited her. The boys mingled fairly well with each other, but Eunjoo did notice how her EXO friends were a bit awkward with Jungkook. They left her some notes for that day, a bag of cookies from Kyungsoo, a cup of homemade blueberry smoothies from Seokjin, and a set of homemade red velvet crinkles from Jungkook. She couldn't understand why the BTS members snickered as the maknae handed her the neatly packed goodies or why Jungkook's cheeks were flushed pink.

 

On the third day, she was alone. Her friends sent her brief messages, telling her that they wished for her fast recovery. Her closest friends apologized for not being able to come and visit as something came up with school works, or dance routines, or whatever. Honestly, Eunjoo didn't mind if they can't come. She rather enjoys how she had no company over her house.

 

While her friends were at school, Eunjoo reveled in drama-binging. She rather enjoyed watching some Song Joong Ki and Lee Jong Suk dramas. Her mother sometimes watched with her, and she enjoyed those moments the most. Her movements were limited to reaching for the remote or the food or her phone. She did have difficulty whenever she goes to the bathroom and was even more troubled at the thought that she can't even take a shower.

 

It was her last day confined at home and she was already on the last episode of her third drama. Of course she sacrificed a bit of sleep just to finish one drama in one day because when would she even have this golden opportune to have a break in between school term?

 

Eunjoo had been praising the scriptwriter of a drama Song Joong Ki starred in (because it was already the last episode yet frustrating plot twists happen here and there) when her phone pinged.

 

As usual, during her three-day stay at home, Eunjoo felt paranoid of who might have texted her. A part of her wanted to hear from him. A part of her hoped somebody else texted her.

 

ping!

gingerkookies to injoory:
-chocolate or strawberry?

 

With a confused expression, Eunjoo replied.

 

injoory to gingerkookies:
-uhm, chocolate?

 

As she sent her reply, Eunjoo took the remote control and pressed rewind until she got to the part she missed. She had been clutching on a pillow beside her, completely anticipating the scene unfolding in front of her until her phone rang.

 

Not wanting to hit rewind again, Eunjoo paused the show and answered the phone. "Hello?"

 

"Mom forced me to finish my homework earlier." Eunjoo's eyes widened to hear Jungkook's voice. It just registered to her then that she did not bother checking the caller id before she picked up. "She wanted me to go by your house and help you with school works or something. She also wanted me to bring over some of the doughnuts she baked. You said you like chocolate, yes?"

 

Eunjoo nodded but voiced out her reply when she realized Jungkook wouldn't be able to see her nod. Completely dumbfounded, she barely heard Jungkook mutter "See you later then." before he hung up.

 

Trying not to think too much about it as she waited for the doughnut - not Jungkook, definitely not Jungkook -, Eunjoo pressed play and continued to watch the rest of the episode.

 

She had finished watching as soon as Jungkook rang the doorbell. Being immobile, Eunjoo resorted to yelling at Jungkook to come in. When he made his appearance before her, Jungkook still had been wearing his school uniform.

 

When he settled himself and his school notes on the floor in front of Eunjoo, she couldn't help but notice the box of a dozen chocolate doughnuts and a few stains of flour and chocolate syrup in Jungkook's blazer and polo uniform. To that she smiled secretly.

 

+++

 

Her morning wasn't ruined because of her all too early alarm but because of the message she had been dreading to receive.

 

With sad eyes, Eunjoo didn't bother replying as she readied herself for school.

 

Clad in her uniform, the girl limped her way down the stairs. It turns out, she didn't need the crutch, much to her luck. Climbing down the steps proved to be easier than her putting on her knee-length socks.

 

When Eunjoo reached the last step, she almost fell back when she saw Jungkook's posh morning image right in front of her eyes. His boyish fragrance seemed to have a stronger scent probably because he was newly-bathed just this morning.

 

"Good morning," Jungkook greeted, immediately taking a hold of her arm to assist her in walking to the dining room.

 

When she had been sat down, Eunjoo immediately asks, "What are you doing here?"

 

Jungkook shrugs and then shoves and orange paper to her face before he left to serve her breakfast table.

 

Eunjoo-darling,

I had to go to work early today, so I can't drive you to school today.

I tried calling Baekhyun, but nobody's answering my calls.

Then, I had this brilliant idea to ask your boyfriend to help you!

No need to thank your cupid mother kkk.

Jungkook even asked that he cook your breakfast for you. How sweet!

I'll be coming home earlier later, but I don't mind if you stay over at Kookie's house (please do stay over there ;>)

Take care, love!

Hugs&kisses, mom.

 

P.s. bring your umbrella, the news said it was going to rain.

 

Eunjoo groaned while she rolled her eyes before scrunching the note into a ball. She made a mental note to leave a sarcastic note for her mother before she leaves.

 

"Eat up," Jungkook brought a plate of French Toast with fruits on the side in front of Eunjoo as he sat across her. "Come on, we're cycling all the way to school."

 

Eunjoo began digging into her fruits first as she spoke, "Why are we riding on a bicycle?"

 

Reaching over for the tangerine pieces Eunjoo discarded, Jungkook answered, "You aren't actually in perfect condition to commute to and fro school, are you?"

 

Eunjoo silently ate after that, discarding even her favorite grape pieces so that Jungkook is also eating.

 

+++

 

Eunjoo hadn't felt so flustered in her life, except when she and Jungkook had shared kisses.

 

The warm welcoming her schoolmates presented her with could not compare with her situation with Jungkook on the way to school.

 

Having had skirts as required uniform, Eunjoo had never even thought of using a bike to school because it was very uncomfortable to ride rapidly all the while trying to not let the world see her own precious world.

 

Jungkook proved to have been skilled with handling women when he immediately commented that he can't have people seeing his girlfriend's underwear in the most nonchalant expression and tone.

 

Being flustered with his lack of shame, Eunjoo hadn't even expected to have Jungkook's arms wind around her waist. For a moment she was panicking because Jungkook was hugging her out-of-the-blue, but when he leaned back Eunjoo resorted to blushing in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter